Thread: Flames

Ride Fast or Be Last ViperSniper's Avatar

2005 Mustang/2008 Viper
    98 & 01 Trans-Am WS6

Flames

I am thinking of having some flames airbrushed on my WS6 (front only), anyone have any ideas or photo's they can post? maybe some ghost flames.

thanks ahead

VS

Black
    2002 Formula Firehawk

that would look bad ass. Just dont overdue them. Ive seen some very nice flames and some very ugly flames
    Victor
    2000 z28 A4
    2002 Formula Firehawk M6

RED, BLACK
    2001 WS6, 1998 TA

Here are my flames.
    Attachment 7047

Attachment 7048

Or check out a friend of mine's website. Killerpaint.com, go into the gallery and look at the true fire. It will depend on the color of your car as to if you use the red/ orange fire, or the blue fire. The key word is to not over do flames. It will make or break the look of the car. That's why I did mine with the outline instead of painting in the whole area like a 32 ford would have on it.
    Last edited by Frozen WS6; 10-04-2006 at 06:41 AM.

ArtistFormerlyKnownAsMac Silver Streak's Avatar

All Black
    83, 87, 02 All WS6 T/As

I've seen ghost flames on the front sides of an 01/02ish Deep purple WS6 and it looked REALLY badass.... just do some research on what shops are in the area to find out who would do the best.. like said, there are good ones, and really crappy ones...

pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6

Check mine out.

pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6

Clean simple and not gaudy,don"t over do it.

NBM
    99 TA

i think a little bit of the "true fire" effect on the hood would look badass

RED, BLACK
    2001 WS6, 1998 TA

That is why I'm going to be shipping my camaro over 3,000 miles to have Killerpaint paint spray it. He knows how to paint anything on a car without over doing things. He just got done with my helmet and it is subtle, but if you notice what's there the fire on it, it will make a person stop and stare at it. Both feet739's car and mine fall into that catagory of if you don't know what your looking at you'll miss it. I like feet739's flames also because they weren't over done.

2005 Mustang/2008 Viper
    98 & 01 Trans-Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen WS6 View Post
    Here are my flames.
    Attachment 7047

Attachment 7048

Or check out a friend of mine's website. Killerpaint.com, go into the gallery and look at the true fire. It will depend on the color of your car as to if you use the red/ orange fire, or the blue fire. The key word is to not over do flames. It will make or break the look of the car. That's why I did mine with the outline instead of painting in the whole area like a 32 ford would have on it.
    the car is red, just like yours, I was thinking of maybe a darker red, lighter red etc, maybe but not sure of bringing another color in.

VS

RED, BLACK
    2001 WS6, 1998 TA

I did my flames with yellow fading to orange tips. The best part is you won't feel a single tape line. The reason mine blend in when you look at it from a distance is I never put any pinstriping for an outline around the flames like traditional flames have. I'm very happy with my choice of colors, I've had alot of people up here taking pictures to duplicate it on there cars, one is a corvette that wants them. Which is the fun of having these types of cars. Using two different shades of red wouldn't look bad. I think in that instance I would put pinstriping around the flames. Since they may end up blending in too well with out them. I'd like too see some pictures when it's done. Have you picked what style you want to go with?

green
    95 firebird

If you are going with flames, I would only go with ghost flames. I am usually very conservative with paint jobs...especially on f-bodies. I'm a fan of pearlized ghostlike flames though.

ArtistFormerlyKnownAsMac Silver Streak's Avatar

All Black
    83, 87, 02 All WS6 T/As

Agreed.
    -Geno
    1983 Black WS6 "WindCharger"
    1987 Black WS6 "WS87"
    2002 Black WS6 "Silver Streak"
    Sold the other four f-bodies

insert witty title here Blk00ws6's Avatar

Black
    2000 WS6

Saw these at G10

RED, BLACK
    2001 WS6, 1998 TA

I'm not a fan of the flames on the blue firebird that BLK00WS6 posted. they don't flow with the lines of the car and are too short, that's kind of the style I'd put on a 32 ford. Also there too broken up. I've done paint work at a bodyshop for over 5 years and I've seen alot of flames, and my friend created the true fire. If they don't fit and flow on the vehicle they will make or break the whole look of the car.

insert witty title here Blk00ws6's Avatar

Black
    2000 WS6

but man that car was sweet I do like the natural flames. If you look close at the hood you can see birds in the flames near the grills.

Black
    2002 Formula Firehawk

i like the flames on the third gen

2005 Mustang/2008 Viper
    98 & 01 Trans-Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen WS6 View Post
    I did my flames with yellow fading to orange tips. The best part is you won't feel a single tape line. The reason mine blend in when you look at it from a distance is I never put any pinstriping for an outline around the flames like traditional flames have. I'm very happy with my choice of colors, I've had alot of people up here taking pictures to duplicate it on there cars, one is a corvette that wants them. Which is the fun of having these types of cars. Using two different shades of red wouldn't look bad. I think in that instance I would put pinstriping around the flames. Since they may end up blending in too well with out them. I'd like too see some pictures when it's done. Have you picked what style you want to go with?

I am not sure on what to get, I just know I want something, your flames do look sweet, outlined in pinstripe might be best especially if I go with two-tones of red.

VS

RED, BLACK
    2001 WS6, 1998 TA

VS, Picking the colors, has got to be the hardest part. To get an idea of how it will look would be to print out black and white pictures of my car and take some markers and color it how you want it. I try to do a few different sketches for all my friends, or customers to help get them locked in on a design. Then stop by your local paint supply store or trustworthy bodyshop and look at colors. Most places will let you take the paint chip books outside to see how to colors will go with your red. If you want other pictures let me know and I'll get them for you, or if you have questions.

Pewter Metallic
    1999 Trans Am

mine are in my sig.
    LS6 Engine swap, Custom Predator Tune, Lid, SLP Cold Air, Ram Air H.O. Hood, Hooker Long Tubes, !Cats, 3" True Duals w/Dynomax Bullets, Performabuilt stage 2 w/3600 stall, B&M Trans. Cooler, Moser 12 Bolt w/ 3.73's

Pics of my car
    http://community.webshots.com/user/demonspeed_ta

Thread Information