Thread: Flame kits

Red
    1997 Firebird M5

Flame kits

Not sure where to post this but the car in the vid is a Trans Am so I thought here would be okay. But to get to my question, has anyone ever seen a car with a flame kit on it? And I'm not talking about a fully modded out and cammed car shooting flames, I'm talking headers, ory and a catback car shooting flames. Here is a link to the video I found. Let me know what you guys think. Personally I think its kinda cool but pointless because you'll fry your bumper and the grill of the person behind you, not to mention there is no power gain at all.
    Link:

Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

I've never seen a TA with it before. I've done it on hotrods before, and some trucks with stacks. I wouldn't do it on a newer car though.

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

my car back fires like a bitch sometimes, i bet at night it makes a little flame, lol, but nothing like this

Black
    00 camaro ss M6 #6695

Dam you really wanna burn your car? Lol

My car back fires too, I don't know if it's good or bad, but I love it!!!
    Peoples reaction is priceless to me! Lol

Black
    2000 WS6 Trans AM

kind of gay IMO

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Backfiring and having flames shoot out of your tailpipes means you have unburnt fuel escaping into the exhaust port and igniting in the exhaust. Not a good thing typically. Too many people watching The Fast & Furious.

I've never seen a kit intentionally put on a car other than in movies and on Pimp My Ride. Wouldn't know how reliable they are, nor would I want to. I rather use my fuel to make power
    Boost gets you laid, unless your name is Jon.

white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

That's dumb. You want attention, think SLP Loudmouth. Hell, neon lights make more sense than flames.

Black/ Silver
    98 TA WS6/ 01 C5 Corvette

Looks like rice to me. Just like the mufflers or tips that are made to look burnt, all the ricers around here have those. I imagine if they saw a kit like this they would jump all over it. Btw flame kits are illegal (in most states) so if you don't want to get pulled over when driving it is probably not a good idea. I just don't see why people think it is cool to be shooting flames out of your car or that your tips look burnt, if it really does do that there there is a bunch of unburnt fuel entering your exhaust and getting hot enough to the point where it ignites. To me this is not only not cool looking but it is stupid and dangerous to want to intentionally do something like this.
    1998 Trans Am WS6 - Phantom
    421 CI LQ9, Tick Performance Custom Cam, TFS 255cc LS3 heads, Kooks 2" LT headers, Kooks 3" True Duals w/ high flow cats, FTP 104 lid, Speed Density Tune, 4" silicon tube, LS6 VCT, FAST 102 Intake, NW 102 TB, Oil Catch Can, SLP Bilstein Shocks w/ Vogtland Springs, CTS-V 4-piston Calipers w/C6 Z06 rotors, Stainless Steel Brake Lines, R1 concepts premium rotors, Hawk HP+ brake pads, VFN WSQ Hood, C5-R timing chain, SLP oil pump, E85 tune, Walbro 450 fuel pump, Deatschwerkz 95# injectors, Breathless performance headlights, Frost Tune, !HVAC.
    (Coming Soon) BMR DSL, UMI TQ Arm
    421 LQ9 14.8:1 on E85 Build/

Red
    1997 Firebird M5

I actually emailed the person selling the kit and asked how he made it, and i believe he said he puts a spark plug in each tail pipe exit and when the exhaust fumes ignite it, it will pruduce the flame. IMO, i would never get a fake ass flame kit like this becaus i don't really feel like geting arrested when i burn the grill off of the civic sitting behind me at a stop light haha.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

this was popular back in the 50's and 60's. My dad used to talk about doing this to his car. The carb cars were much easier to do than the fuel injected stuff out nowdays but still can be done. I've seen propane set ups for new cars that inject propane into the exhaust stream to light up.
    Those old guys were crazy bastards.....running around throwing flames out their exhaust and tossing mothballs in their gas tanks.
    Last edited by 0rion; 05-19-2012 at 08:25 PM.

Thread Information