Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

First time at the track

This is a discussion on First time at the track within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by nvmybird Seems my prob was internal as I have now lost a piston the car was smoking ...

Wherever life takes me

02 35th LE Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by nvmybird View Post
    Seems my prob was internal as I have now lost a piston the car was smoking bad and now have a ls1 on an engine stand and get to look at a quarter size hole in the piston. Fml now I guess is the time for a good rebuild. Any ideas on head cam kits for me? The car is my daily but would like to build it a little more stout than just a rebuilt ls1.... After removing everything the clutch was about half life so guess that wasn't much of an issue must be a slave going bad I guess.
    Start a new thread asking this in the "internal engine" section of the forum. You'll get a lot more responses.

Houston, TX

1998 Trans Am

I have my A4 shifting at 6100 rpm and no real noise. My bosses 99 Formula me bought was a little louder thn my car nothing seemed wrong but one nite at the track and the 3rd run blew the motor so I'd make sure to get that checked.
    1998 Trans Am 85k miles.
    Bolt ons, MS3 113LSA cam, Circle D Stall, Tune, Modified WS6 style hood, Full Suspension, 6000k HID's, Clear Side Markers w/ Leds, Led 3rd Brake Light and 18" AR Staggered Killer Wheels w/ BFG KDW NT's.- Weekend Toy/DD
    02 Trailblazer -Sold
    09 Ram 1500 CC - Sold
    09 Cobalt SS/TC - Sold
    13 ram 1500 LoneStar CC 4x4 - Magnaflow, K&N,and more to come-DD/Toy

Arctic White
    2001 Pontiac Firehawk

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post are shifting right when you car is making its peak power. Shift it at 6150-6200. That's where I shift. You have to be quick though so you don't peg the rev limiter and bend a pushrod...No pressure
    I know, im shifting early because of the noise and i dont want to break.

I think i have a good lead on what could be the problem, got it from someone on the other LS1 site. They said it sounded just like when his cats were going bad. makes sense:non-rythmic noise, only at high rpm, sounds like gravel, and the are right where im hearing the noise! Hopfully thats it!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information