Thread: First Mods

Black
    2001 WS-6

First Mods

Just purchased a 2001 WS-6 with 7500 miles on it, its got borla catback and thats it. I was thinking maybe a short throw shifter and an upper and lower or something??? need some ideas

Met Blue
    2002 WS6

SUB FRAME CONNECTORS I have a 2002 WS6 and just installed a set the ride differance is incerdible I got the weld in set and noticed a diff just pulling onto the street

414 RWHP 395 RWTQ
    00 Black Ram Air Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by 2001W$-6 View Post
    Just purchased a 2001 WS-6 with 7500 miles on it, its got borla catback and thats it. I was thinking maybe a short throw shifter and an upper and lower or something??? need some ideas
    Dude, before you spend a single dime, PLEASE read up on the site. I say that because of your "upper or lower something" comment. That's not the way to go about modding your car. First, what are your goals for the car? Street? Track or both? Do you daily drive the car? Give us some info first and then we can give some solid suggestions. Also A4 or M6?

As stated above Sub Frame Connectors are a great first mod, along with an aftermarket airlid.

Red
    1998 Trans Am Vert

What he said...

Get a lid and a K&N or your filter of choice. Then go from there. Do all of the free mods if you are somewhat sure of yourself under the hood. They are not difficult but do require some know how. When done in conjunction with one another they really help.

Black
    2001 WS-6

I really dont see how it was funny asking about the upper and lower(intake manifold obviously) but ok, obviously im not think about going to crazy if im talking such small mods, but anyway yes its pretty a nightly daily driver, keeping it streetable, no real interest in taking it the track, the mustangs for that. Yes im familiar under the hood just sorta was never into the whole aftermarket for this car so i dont know the best first little tricks to do like i do my mustang. Or the best companies for the parts you get. But yea i will take the filter idea defently, not really trying to make the car loud and obnoxious cuz the cops around here but a few bolts ons is what i had in mind

414 RWHP 395 RWTQ
    00 Black Ram Air Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by 2001W$-6 View Post
    I really dont see how it was funny asking about the upper and lower(intake manifold obviously) but ok, obviously im not think about going to crazy if im talking such small mods, but anyway yes its pretty a nightly daily driver, keeping it streetable, no real interest in taking it the track, the mustangs for that. Yes im familiar under the hood just sorta was never into the whole aftermarket for this car so i dont know the best first little tricks to do like i do my mustang. Or the best companies for the parts you get. But yea i will take the filter idea defently, not really trying to make the car loud and obnoxious cuz the cops around here but a few bolts ons is what i had in mind
    Def. get an aftermarket airlid, SLP is usually the cheapest around
    $90. Get Sub Frame Connectors, I like BMR products, and I would look into some Lower Control Arms also. They help to reduce wheelhop which is common on our cars even with stock power. As far as the intake manifold goes, you are an '01 which means you already have the LS6 manifold on there, so you are good. Do a search also on free mods, there are 10-15 hp to be had with those free mods like FRA! and TBB, and porting your throttle body. Good luck

Thread Information