Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Firestone can kiss my ...

This is a discussion on Firestone can kiss my ... within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; this is my second set also, and havent had a problem with them but mrr23 hit the nail on the ...

Your Mom's Bedroom

2000 Trans Am WS.6

this is my second set also, and havent had a problem with them but mrr23 hit the nail on the head with his description, but i just have a hard time thinking that was what was wrong being that little of time on the road,

orlando, fl

dark bowling green
    2000 corvette

his 20 second time period is from the point where he noticed the car was acting like there was mud in the rims and getting worse by the second. how long before that was the tire getting low on air and the sidewalls getting hotter until they started to come apart? at 75 mph, the tires are gathering up alot of heat.

it's the same for me. how long was the tire going down, before i noticed the car swaying?

1998 Trans Am WS6

Damn man that sucks. That tire is destroyed, you'd think it was slashed right through the sidewall by something.

I ran over a piece of metal at night time once with my Eagle F1 GSD3's. Had 4 people in the car, left rear tire started losing air fast. I couldn't tell until the whole rear started swaying back and forth. Somehow Limped it about 5 miles back to town and parked at the Mcdonalds and threw the donut on. Put the tire in my friends pickup and drove it home. I'm just glad it didn't blow out like your Firestone did, because that tire was HOT when I parked.

We put a plug in the tire where the hole was and it held air fine. Problem was, I later noticed it had a wave in the sidewall about 5 inches long, where it looked like the sidewall had been collapsed in. I put another 5,000 miles on the tires with no problem, just had them changed out recently for Nittos.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information