Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Firebird wave?

This is a discussion on Firebird wave? within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by third_shift|studios i remember a long time ago, i came around a corner and there was another ws.6 ...

Montego Blue
    '07 BMW 328Xi Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by third_shift|studios View Post
    i remember a long time ago, i came around a corner and there was another ws.6 stopped at a light in the opposite lane. So i slowed and reved a bunch of times, he did the same thing-it was hilarious. Michelle looked at me and said "does that happen often?" I said "it's kinda like when dogs sniff each other's butt"

2000 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by third_shift|studios View Post
    i remember a long time ago, i came around a corner and there was another ws.6 stopped at a light in the opposite lane. So i slowed and reved a bunch of times, he did the same thing-it was hilarious. Michelle looked at me and said "does that happen often?" I said "it's kinda like when dogs sniff each other's butt"
    lol that is hilarious!!! people that ride motorcycles all have the wave!

Oriental Blue
    2001 Trans Am WS.6 M6

just got my first one in today, rollin by a red WS6, rolled and down the window with a wave and recieved a piece sign back....it was bad

'98,'00 Bird '03, 14 Vets

Quote Originally Posted by StuntmanMike View Post
    That's cool. It'd be funny to rig up a switch to control just one headlight....the Firebird wink!
    All you would need to do is put a switch in the line of one of the lights. Bingo it cuts power to that light and a wink. The reverse with motors and all would be difficult. Good for night time or lift, wink and back down. I'd save my lights motors.

I think flipping the lights up at 50-60 mph causes additional wear on them so I only flip up my lights when stopped.

I flash my driving lights to other LSX owners and generally get a smile, wave or chased. Doh ....

Black
    1999 Trans Am

I waved at a kid at my school that drives a 99 Formula.....I got the finger in return. He hates me though. Just a few months ago I had to publicly disprove his self-claimed hp/tq numbers and every internal engine mod he claimed to have....and I smoked him more than once in front of about 25 people. (He was having "transmission problems" though. )

BlacK
    2001 WS6

I said "it's kinda like when dogs sniff each other's butt"

This is what I usually end up feelin like>>>>>

Ok listen, I didn't just wave to you 'cause I think I know you, I waved to you 'cause your driving a Firebird, it makes us brothers in an unwritten sorta way ok douchebag? Even though yours has faded from red to pink, and I'm drivin the mother of all birds, doesn't mean were not still brothers got it?

You wanna know sumthin that sucks, I get more feedback from ricers, as fucked up as it is to be drivin what they do, they know what I got, there always tryin to get a lil play, they rev up their fartcans when they pull next to me, they always try to go for it at a light. They always do the flyby thing, which so cracks me up. Ya gotta give 'em an A for tryin. A vette won't come near me, I watch 'em purposely hang back and switch lanes to avoid havin to roll up next to me at a light, I'm like you mutherf'ker, why do you bother drivin the thing if you can't have a lil fun.

See my current Avatar? I'm goin to the local meat market and I pull in right next to another black WS.6, the guy comes out before I could get out of my car, the look on his face was priceless, he thought someone was in his fuckin car. His face went from shock to anger to a glance over at his car and pure relief, I start crackin up, I say, you thought someone was takin ur ride didn't ya? He's like "Yea man, freaked me out" We start BS'in about our cars for awhile and I snap a few cell pics. For me that's one of the things these cars are about, a lil comradery among people with the same taste in cars is a good thing.

'98,'00 Bird '03, 14 Vets

Quote Originally Posted by clg82 View Post
    lol that is hilarious!!! people that ride motorcycles all have the wave!

Yep, what's kewl about that is if you wave at a cycle while your in your car, any car they know you must be a rider too or, at least know the code.

Liquid Red
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT

I live in South Western PA, and people around here act like they have a permanent stick up their ass. Therefore I don't bother trying to wave, because the few instances where I have had a lapse of judgment and actually extended my arm to say hello, I have gotten that "dumb founded look" and it is usually followed by a set of eyes rolling in my direction.

So screw the wave. I will save my waves for when I eventually move back to my home state (NC) where when you wave at people for no reason what-so-ever and they wave back, maybe even give a friendly honk. Followed by a smile.

Something Diabolical... chuckie669's Avatar
    2000 C5 Torch Red

I try to give a wave when I can, but there's ALLOT of v6's running around here and the few times that i've acknowledged them, they gun it thinking that they can smoke me.

"Arrest Me Red"
    2001 trans am

i dont some times but if i have one to me i do return it but i get them when the windows are up so thay cant always see it but ill doit more

Arctic White
    2002 A4,WS6

Quote Originally Posted by jrc1122 View Post
    So screw the wave. I will save my waves for when I eventually move back to my home state (NC) where when you wave at people for no reason what-so-ever and they wave back, maybe even give a friendly honk. Followed by a smile.

In N.C. they don't wave any more. I had a Ninja 636 every one waved. I had a Vette most vette people waved.

Didn't get my first F-body wave untill this week when a nice Z28 passed by my in the other lane. Every body else is retarded.

I don't street race. But the only people who try to race me any more are Big ass trucks. Usually the diesal ones. What the hell??

Navy Blue Metallic
    '00 Formy A4

Quote Originally Posted by Mecinoid View Post
    All you would need to do is put a switch in the line of one of the lights. Bingo it cuts power to that light and a wink. The reverse with motors and all would be difficult. Good for night time or lift, wink and back down. I'd save my lights motors.

I think flipping the lights up at 50-60 mph causes additional wear on them so I only flip up my lights when stopped.

I flash my driving lights to other LSX owners and generally get a smile, wave or chased. Doh ....
    No, I was only kidding about that...doing that really WOULD be gay.

I saw a 80's Celica rigged up like that once....he was driving down the road and his lights were going crazy, flipping up and down randomly.

I'd flash the fogs, but not the headlights...no need to put extra wear on them, plus I hate the sound they make!

Red
    98 Formula /93 Z28

Usually only if it's like a SFFBA guy that I know or a modded car. Most of the birds and camaros here are driven by old ladies as are the Vettes. As for the biker wave it couldn't be more true. Shit even when I was 15 riding a 250 Honda every bike I passed be it a Harley or a Ninja a wave was exchanged.

Montego Blue
    '07 BMW 328Xi Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by chuckie669 View Post
    I try to give a wave when I can, but there's ALLOT of v6's running around here and the few times that i've acknowledged them, they gun it thinking that they can smoke me.
    Theres a bunch of V6's around here. I always get waves and honks from them, they usually aren't stupid enough to floor it. Most of the T/A, Vette, and Camaro owners wave without hesitation. Hell, I had a 67 or 68 GTO wave to me yesturday, it was a total "Im gonna rip out your heart and stomp on it" car.

Triple Black
    02 M6 Vert Hawk #199

Only driven it 600 miles so far, got a wave from a 68 vette and only seen one other fbody while driving. He was in a ws6 and totally ignored me when I flipped him a wave out the side window.

black
    2000 SS convertible

I've only gotten waves from other SS camaros, I've had one WS6 give me a thumbs down at a stoplight(some little asian girl was driving it) and another WS6 flip me off for no apparent reason

member since may 2000 nhraformula's Avatar

black
    2000 nhra edition formula

i pay attention to the road, i dont wave.

i could also give a shit what somebody else drives.
    a few bolt ons, 379 rwhp
    11.96 @113.25

member since may 2000 nhraformula's Avatar

black

Quote Originally Posted by {FzS}BlacKMagicK View Post

This is what I usually end up feelin like>>>>>

Ok listen, I didn't just wave to you 'cause I think I know you, I waved to you 'cause your driving a Firebird, it makes us brothers in an unwritten sorta way ok douchebag? Even though yours has faded from red to pink, and I'm drivin the mother of all birds, doesn't mean were not still brothers got it?

owning the same type of car as me in no fucking way makes us brothers.
    i bought my formula for me and nobody else. i can careless what other people drive.

people who wave to other likewise cars= nerds/dorks

Its a 4 door vette bitch! JOHN_DEERE_LS6's Avatar

Black Raven/Ebony cowskin
    2005 Cadillac CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by nhraformula View Post
    owning the same type of car as me in no fucking way makes us brothers.
    i bought my formula for me and nobody else. i can careless what other people drive.

people who wave to other likewise cars= nerds/dorks
    you my friend either got picked on in highschool or did not having a loving home growing up....

Impounded
    One more and I'm gone....

Quote Originally Posted by John_Deere_LS1 View Post
    you my friend either got picked on in highschool or did not having a loving home growing up....
    hes just old.....lifes takin a toll on him

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information