Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Firebird made to look like a T/A

This is a discussion on Firebird made to look like a T/A within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by UKXK189 No, I took the thread title from one of his other pics. I'll see if I ...

Black Hardtop
    01 NHRA Formula

Quote Originally Posted by UKXK189 View Post
    No, I took the thread title from one of his other pics. I'll see if I can find his website again and post a link to it so you can see other pics. And no, I didn't change my mind to fit in. I think taking a v6 fire bird and putting the trans am wing and WS6 hood on is kind of ricer. Your claiming to have something you don't. Kind of like putting cobra badges on a GT or even V6 stang. But that didn't bother me as much as the neon under body lights.

edit: Ok, here is his main page http://www.cardomain.com/ride/637795
    I don't see anything wrong with putting WS6 hood or wing on a Formula or V6. Shit, I have a WS6 hood on my Formula, guess you would think it is ricer. Its my car and I like the look. I am not a fan of the Neons under the car, I would not do it to mine, but hell its his car. I have to say that I hate all these hater thread. Do what you like and let other do there thing.

Black
    1998 Formula

That car looks great and I would of that it was a cool car had he not put the trans am decal on it and claimed it was one. If it would still say "Firebird" then I would be okay with it. However, I hate when people tell me Im trying to make my car look like a trans am by having a WS6 hood on it, screw those ignorant idiots . They did make WS6 Formulas with that damn hood so how is mine a wannabe T/A! They can kiss my ass, the WS6 hood is the sickest ever created IMO.

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

Thumbs up Dumb Things

The Neon thing is a youngster thing.... some people just go overboard with additions to a vehicle. Everyone's taste is not the same. Personally I don't like the Feathery stripes on a Yellow Ann Ceta, but many do think it's hot... some likes duo Rally Stripes while others just like single etc. etc.

This board is just for fun so getting upset, even if the guy removed the Firebird wording with a Trans Am....... he is Young . When we are young, we've done dumb things.

Good enough?-----------------------

M

Black Hardtop
    01 NHRA Formula

Quote Originally Posted by matthewaqui View Post
    The Neon thing is a youngster thing.... some people just go overboard with additions to a vehicle. Everyone's taste is not the same. Personally I don't like the Feathery stripes on a Yellow Ann Ceta, but many do think it's hot... some likes duo Rally Stripes while others just like single etc. etc.

This board is just for fun so getting upset, even if the guy removed the Firebird wording with a Trans Am....... he is Young . When we are young, we've done dumb things.

Good enough?-----------------------

M
    No upset here. Just do not understand why some people call what others do ricer. Its their car, let them do what they want. Just get tired of all the "RICER" comments. If someone wants to make their car unique, more power to them. ONLY DEAD FISH SHOULD GO WITH THE FLOW.

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

Thumbs up

Speak of Rice, I'm Asian hahahahah!!!! Check out my Ricer! hahahahaah

Other than that boys and girls, I have two Trans Am, a Saturn, and a Ford Expedition! hahahah What an Anomoly huh? My vehicle looks quick parked! People think I fuel the vehicle up with Rocket Fuel hahahaha!

Honestly, some of you mentioned that my vehicle looks better with the original spoiler, and I totally agree! Only if that spoiler was better designed. No worry beefcakes, that vehicle is pretty much parked.

My Red TA looks like no other on the road and more unique than most Sports Car!!!!!

Yeeeee haaa Cowboys...... no neon lights though... boooo whoo

pewter
    2002 Trans Am

he obviously has the money to put mods in his car so why didn't he just buy a Ws6.

Silver+Black/Black+Silver
    1999 TA M6/03 GSXR 600

Quote Originally Posted by 2fast2blegal View Post
    he obviously has the money to put mods in his car so why didn't he just buy a Ws6.
    who knows

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

Thumbs up No Modification Necessary

That's a very good point!!!!! Hell, I didn't want to drop an Extra 5 grand for a WS6 that's why I went for a Stock TA and did an OEM hood along with a new spoiler and ground effects for under 3k including paint.

The guy just like many other import owners, drops a small load for their vehicle and end up forking over a ton of bucks to build it up to an existing stock vehicle. Honestly man, if you are willing to drop bucks for the outcome, saving and waiting is the way to go for and complete equip stock.

The only one thing that is poor in overall performance would be the Exhaust system. After changing out my Exhaust, there is a big overall performance with less air restriction.

Adios.......

Just save for this vehicle--- no modification needed! hahahah

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

That's a very good point!!!!! Hell, I didn't want to drop an Extra 5 grand for a WS6 that's why I went for a Stock TA and did an OEM hood along with a new spoiler and ground effects for under 3k including paint.

The guy just like many other import owners, drops a small load for their vehicle and end up forking over a ton of bucks to build it up to an existing stock vehicle. Honestly man, if you are willing to drop bucks for the outcome, saving and waiting is the way to go for and complete equip stock.

The only one thing that is poor in overall performance would be the Exhaust system. After changing out my Exhaust, there is a big overall performance with less air restriction.

Adios.......

Just save for this vehicle--- no modification needed! hahahah

Click for full size

Click for full size
    those are 2 different cars..the first is the gtsr concept viper. then the other one is the Hennessey venom 600 i believe

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by Scanlamp View Post
    No upset here. Just do not understand why some people call what others do ricer. Its their car, let them do what they want. Just get tired of all the "RICER" comments. If someone wants to make their car unique, more power to them. ONLY DEAD FISH SHOULD GO WITH THE FLOW.
    well said.

pewter
    2002 Trans Am

MY parents used to have a viper. AND OMG They sold it the day i got my license

NBM
    99 TA

they were smart

Trans Am for life baby SexyTransAm's Avatar

95-black & 80-blue
    95 Trans Am and 80 TA

other then the TRANS AM on the sides, the WS9, and the neons IMO thats a sweet lil V6!

95 TA A4, Black on Black C5 Z06 wheels, CAI, 160 powerstat, TB coolent bypass, TB foil, LT4 Knock Sensor, STB, SFC, Poly trans and torque arm mounts, flowmaster muffler, gutted cat, and hypertech tuned.
    http://www.fquick.com/SexyTransAm

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

Post Apple to Oranges.....................

That is funny! hahahah Well, at least you have a Silver TA to call your own .

I was thinking today to myself: The thrill of quick acceleration is nice, but that goes away with time. It's just like when I installed my performance exhaust 2 months ago.... the rumbled from acceleration was a blast...... the blast came to a halt as I got used to it. In as much, the Viper probably would have been a thrill in the beginning if you had one, but would be an every day thing with time.

Motor Trend did a comparison this month between the 6, 8, 10, and 12.. Turbo 911 Carrera, Corvette, Viper and Lamborghini....... performance wise in Acceleration, the V6 gave the rest a good run for their money as well as gas.

By the way, throw some stripes on your TA and you will give the Viper a run for it's money too.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmaaaaaaaaaaaaaatttttttttttttttt

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

Cool The Stealth

Was checking your vehicle out at the site.... do you have any images of the front?...... man, you really went black on your vehicle. I bet you can go stealth at night with all the lights turned off!

Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaattttttttttttt

Quote Originally Posted by SexyTransAm View Post
    other then the TRANS AM on the sides, the WS9, and the neons IMO thats a sweet lil V6!

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

Unhappy It's a Firebird

Quote Originally Posted by 96z28 View Post
    It might not even be a firebird. It could be a formula. Regardless of what it is, the WS6 hood on these cars looks increadible. Shit do what you want to your car. Id do it on my formula hawk anytime
    That guy did state on his profile page that it's a Firebird. It's hard to tell if it's Firebird or a Formula from the external view, especially when they take the Formula wording off the door panel. If you had a Formula, I don't believe you would take the wording off.

At any rate, I don't think the Firebird was ever manufactured with a Ram Air hood. If people wanted the hood, they would go for the Trans Am with it on. I have a Ram Air hood on my TA but never really had the interest of getting a WS6 emblem on it. To me it's no big shit with or without the emblem. For some I see it's a status quo.

The one thing that guy could have done is to a have a complete wrap around fron effect insted of a two pieces.

Matttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt ttttttttttttttttttttttt.

Black
    1998 Formula

That guy did state on his profile page that it's a Firebird. It's hard to tell if it's Firebird or a Formula from the external view, especially when they take the Formula wording off the door panel. If you had a Formula, I don't believe you would take the wording off.

At any rate, I don't think the Firebird was ever manufactured with a Ram Air hood. If people wanted the hood, they would go for the Trans Am with it on. I have a Ram Air hood on my TA but never really had the interest of getting a WS6 emblem on it. To me it's no big shit with or without the emblem. For some I see it's a status quo.

The one thing that guy could have done is to a have a complete wrap around fron effect insted of a two pieces.

Matttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt ttttttttttttttttttttttt.
    A WS6 badge implies that the car has the upgraded suspension and handling package along with the higher flowing intake and exhaust. So having a WS6 hood would not justify having a WS6 badge on your car.

Awaiting Activation

black
    01 ws6

Hey looks like he's doing a turbo at least, maybe he did it because he couldnt afford insurance from a v8 to a v6? I bought an automatic because insurance difference was 100 bucks a month between A4 and M6, but now I swapped the M6, and I bought a ws6 hood, (honestly couldnt find that many trans ams or WS6 for sale here in san diego ! dunno why? camaros are everywhere! though)

Navy Blue
    2000 Firebird

For those that say "why didnt he just buy one", consider that it could have also been a matter of timing as well. When I bought my '00 firebird, I had a choice. I could have either gone with a 94-97 TA, or the V6 bird that I ended up with. At the time of purchase, I had like 8 thousand dollars to work with. I could have gone with an earlier model TA, but the ones I were looking at were the last of their lives before major overhaul would have been required. As it turned out I was able to find a clean '00 v6 with 95k on the clock for like 5k. Ive really enjoyed it for the last 35,000 miles. Its only spent time in the shop once (catalitic converters) and only costs me a chunk once (4 new tires). I know time will come when it gets wore out though, since no car lasts forever. At that point , Id like to do engine swap\suspension upgrade. Maybe a TA visual look, I dunno. I may just cruise around looking like a base bird with the guts of a ws6 lol. Anyhow, I would assume it would be easier for me to use the bird I have as opposed to 'just buying one'. Just my .02

ps: if I have the look, the power to back it up will be there as well

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information