Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Firebird or Corvette?

This is a discussion on Firebird or Corvette? within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; I had the same contemplation, and I think I actually shelled out more for my mint condition WS6 than a ...

Black
    2001 Trans AM WS6 M6

I had the same contemplation, and I think I actually shelled out more for my mint condition WS6 than a vette of the same nature, because of the rarity.

F-body Pros:

1- Exclusivity(there's like 2 WS6's in my city of a million +)(where as I see about 2 vette's a day)
    2- The look of the T/A is orgasmic
    3- from what I've heard performance wise, pretty damn similar

F-body cons:

1- doesn't get the same respect as a vette(although I'm working on it )

member since may 2000 nhraformula's Avatar

black
    2000 nhra edition formula

Quote Originally Posted by basballny2 View Post
    xplain? sounds to me like just another typical vett guy thing to say
    the only thing the vette and the f-body have in common is out of the hole performance, after that nothing more

black

your paying nearly DOUBLE the price for nearly the SAME performace, vett guys are just madd f-body guys get the same performace for half the price
    guys who buy vettes are not overly worried about money like f-body guys are.
    as i stated before, the only thing the vette and f-body have in common when it comes to performace is out of the hole take off, after that the vette will own it in every way.
    im not going to even talk about what a Z06 would do to an f-body

Black
    2001 Trans AM WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by nhraformula View Post
    as i stated before, the only thing the vette and f-body have in common when it comes to performace is out of the hole take off, after that the vette will own it in every way.
    I agree with you for the most part, but money isn't a big concern for me. I chose the f-body because I didn't want to be part of the over-the-hill club.

Red
    2001 ws6

again comparing a z06 to a fbody, were talking about an 01-02 f-body vs a 01-02 vett, no z06, performace wise your getting the damn near same thing, the money you will save you can easily upgrade an f-body to match the suspension/torn leather/window motors of a vett. vetts are for guys who want people to know what they have because there going through a mid life crisis, 99.99999% of them are just angry vett owners unwilling to sucumb to the fact that f-body guys paid half the price for the same thing.

black

again comparing a z06 to a fbody, were talking about an 01-02 f-body vs a 01-02 vett, no z06, performace wise your getting the damn near same thing, the money you will save you can easily upgrade an f-body to match the suspension/torn leather/window motors of a vett. .
    newsflash, vette owners can careless about f-bodys, get over yourself.
    when a person buys a vette, money isnt a worry.
    the person who started this thread wasnt asking about whats the better value.
    yes you can mod a f-body to be made better than a vette, but you seem to forget that a vette can be modded also.
    why not include the Z06. its the top of the line C5 like the WS6 is the top of the line firebird.

black

vetts are for guys who want people to know what they have because there going through a mid life crisis, 99.99999% of them are just angry vett owners unwilling to sucumb to the fact that f-body guys paid half the price for the same thing.
    only young people that cant afford a better car talk above shit.

fact of the matter is that the vette has been around 50 plus years while the f-body hasnt been on showroom floors for quite the while.

Sold: LS1 '85 El Camino ls1camino's Avatar

2000 Grand Prix GTP
    2000 Trans Am WS6 M6

newsflash, vette owners can careless about f-bodys, get over yourself.
    when a person buys a vette, money isnt a worry.
    the person who started this thread wasnt asking about whats the better value.
    yes you can mod a f-body to be made better than a vette, but you seem to forget that a vette can be modded also.
    why not include the Z06. its the top of the line C5 like the WS6 is the top of the line firebird.
    Someone's pissed...

Dude, calm down...last time I checked this was an OPINION thread...people have their own reasons for buying what they currently own, whether it be looks, performace, the name of the car, or whatever.

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

again comparing a z06 to a fbody, were talking about an 01-02 f-body vs a 01-02 vett, no z06, performace wise your getting the damn near same thing, the money you will save you can easily upgrade an f-body to match the suspension/torn leather/window motors of a vett. vetts are for guys who want people to know what they have because there going through a mid life crisis, 99.99999% of them are just angry vett owners unwilling to sucumb to the fact that f-body guys paid half the price for the same thing.
    you can never get a f-bod to handle like a vette...quit talking out your ass.

@#$% You I'm from TEXAS Rojerlockless's Avatar

ASC# 285 Born Oct 26 2001
    2002 Collectors EDTA

I went and drove 3 vett's before I bought my collectors ed ws6. I really liked them and almost ended up even buying a 1970 one but overall I decided on the WS6 Because I needed the extra room of the back seats for more then 1 girl

hehe i mean hell I paid $21,000 for my 35th anniversary so I could have easily goten a corvette for the same price around that same year. I chose the Ws6 for looks, style and MUCH more room. but I WILL own a vette one day.. I'v wanted one since I can remember.

THE REAL ANSWER TO YOUR QUESTION IS.

You can't go wrong with either, they both kick ass.

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

I like solid rear over IRS. But I like the IRS over a crappy 10 bolt lol

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

Hell I like both vettes and birds, it just comes down to personal preference. Each has its own persona. I wish I had a couple of each of them.

Black
    2002 Trans AM WS6

Having both, i can tell you first hand each one's strength and weakness.

2002 Trans AM WS6
    1999 Corvette

Honestly they drive different. The vette is just brute raw power and doesn't have anything it doesn't need. Perfect for the single guy with no kids and some tramp you just met at a bar!!!! What can you say the vette is the flagship for GM.

As for the Bird, it's looks are out of this world, it's Aggressive hood, lets anyone you know that you are not messing around. and since mine is black on black, looks like a monster. The power is good, and suspension is very stiff.

Overall, both are GREAT Cars, but it all comes down to preference.....

do you want a car that can only seat two?
    or a car that can sit four and still give you that adrenaline rush?

Just some questions to ask yourself when looking.

One last thing though, a corvette will always be a legend and an American icon which demands respect.... there is no substitute.

black

Quote Originally Posted by ls1camino View Post
    Someone's pissed...

Dude, calm down...last time I checked this was an OPINION thread...people have their own reasons for buying what they currently own, whether it be looks, performace, the name of the car, or whatever.
    i no longer even own a vette, but it gets old hearing the usual vette owners are going threw a mid life crisis, over paid for a car and so on.
    f-body owners can easily be stereotyped as joe dirt look alikes working at burger king and living in their parents basement, yet you dont hear me playing that game.

black

Quote Originally Posted by Rojerlockless View Post

hehe i mean hell I paid $21,000 for my 35th anniversary so I could have easily goten a corvette for the same price around that same year. I chose the Ws6 for looks, style and MUCH more room. but I WILL own a vette one day.. I'v wanted one since I can remember.

so you chose to pay the same amount of money for an 02 ram air as you could of for an 02 vette?
    a few bolt ons, 379 rwhp
    11.96 @113.25

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

ya i have driven vetts actually, and for the amount of money you would save you can fix the leather and motors, your paying for a name when you drive a vett, and how can you compare an 07 car to an 01-02? we were comparing 01-02 birds against 01-02 vetts, obviously technology and the build of cars is ALWAYS improving
    I was talking about the same year Vette versus Fbods. No where in my post did I refer to '07 Vettes. There are TONS of advantages a Vette has over an Fbody, not just better leather and window motors. Have fun going through life being narrow minded.

ArtistFormerlyKnownAsMac Silver Streak's Avatar

All Black
    83, 87, 02 All WS6 T/As

I think its rather interesting that the OP is comparing the Vette with the 'Bird and not the Camaro...
    -Geno
    1983 Black WS6 "WindCharger"
    1987 Black WS6 "WS87"
    2002 Black WS6 "Silver Streak"
    Sold the other four f-bodies

Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

coulda got a vette for 3 thousand more and i could have afforded it but rarely do i ever see a trans am around i know of less then in the city and the looks of my ws6 just seem to have more personality to it then a vette and i drive my neighbors 02 alot and i love the performance of it i can definatley feel the difference in the corners but again i come back to the fact that the ws6 just screams muscle car.

@#$% You I'm from TEXAS Rojerlockless's Avatar

ASC# 285 Born Oct 26 2001
    2002 Collectors EDTA

so you chose to pay the same amount of money for an 02 ram air as you could of for an 02 vette?
    Yes I did.

It's just not quite as practical for me at 24 to own a Corvette with all the things happening in my life right now and to be honest I needed the extra room. I had the income for either but I chose the Ws6. I like the birt as much as I like the Corvette but I wouldnt feel right making a vette my daily driver as I would the ws6. Both are amazing but my next car will be the Corvette. Maybe an 07 z06 in about 2010.

Red
    2001 ws6

not being narrow minded, vetts are great cars just stating most guys that own a vett want people to say there so much greater since they paid DOUBLE when f-bodys are right up there with them for nearly half the cost

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information