Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

It finnaly happened

This is a discussion on It finnaly happened within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by WS-6 They will do that up here on occasion, but not very likely though. I have been ...

Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

Quote Originally Posted by WS-6 View Post
    They will do that up here on occasion, but not very likely though. I have been in court a few times before and I am always as honest as I can be but I could get in trouble at work if it does not come off my record. I do have a clean record but I think I want an attorney with me this time. That is good to hear you give everyone the respect they deserve, I respect the officer as much as I can I will always turn my car off, put my windows down, and put both hands on the wheel. I think doing theese things shows a great deal of respect. I believe this helps avoid a ticket because the last three or four time I have been stopped all I've gotten is a verbal warning. Sorry to go on and on I appreciate the advise but I have the extra cash so I believe I will pay thanks.

Sometimes attorneys help. I have seen quite a few of them lose. Hopefully you get lucky and he doesn't show up. (the officer)

Black
    2000 WS6 Trans AM

i remember when i first got my car we were driving back from indianapolis and whipped a huge fish tail right in front of a cop, he didnt pull me over thank god b/c all i had was a title haha!

Pewter
    2000 T/A WS-6

Quote Originally Posted by KyleLs1 View Post

stunting where i live... 8 points off your license and 5-600 dollar fine.

you got off lucky!
    Damn, that's a real bad deal, Ill take the 450.

Pewter
    2000 T/A WS-6

Quote Originally Posted by wooddaniel View Post
    Sometimes attorneys help. I have seen quite a few of them lose. Hopefully you get lucky and he doesn't show up. (the officer)
    Yeah, if he dont show thats an automatic win here too, The attorney I spoke with is really good, a co-worker's wife is an attorney and she referred him to me so I called and he said I dont even have to bee ther so I dont have to take off work so that's a plus. I will keep everyone up to date on the situation, however I will not recieve anything in the mail from 4 to 8 weeks so it will be awhile.

Pewter
    2000 T/A WS-6

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by 1998 T/A View Post
    i remember when i first got my car we were driving back from indianapolis and whipped a huge fish tail right in front of a cop, he didnt pull me over thank god b/c all i had was a title haha!
    You got lucky "very nice"

Pewter
    2000 T/A WS-6

I'm kinda due for a ticket I guess it's been probably 5 or 6 years since my last one, and that was a seat belt violation.

Black
    2000 WS6 Trans AM

ya fuck seat belts...again if i had a dollar for everyone of those i got....that reminds me i have and outstanding one from august

Formula Driver! 96Firebirdformula's Avatar

Batman Black
    1996 Formula

Ouch i always look around before doing stupid stuff.

black
    2000 chevy camaro

i dont think i've ever seen the cop in any of my court appearances. then again they are usually out there harrasin the marines trying to make their ticket quota

Black
    00 Trans Am/Auto

Best of luck with your traffic court. I got all my tickets in my old white Firebird.

Since I got the T/A, I am always swinging my head and checking for cops before I unsafe anything.

I'm sure you were cautious too. Just can't be totally sure sometimes right?

Best of luck anyways,

White
    99 Pontiac Trans Am #2466

All not lost dude....

you could ask if they have a deferment plan. all you do there is pay the ticket plus a fee for the deferment, the court will hold the ticket off your record and they will place you on traffic probation for like 4-6 months. if you stay away from tickets in that time period, then the ticket disappears while never hitting your record. but if you do get a tix in that time....then you get a double whammy!! You could also hope that even if the cop does show up that he suddenly "forgets" issuing the ticket.....at least that's what i do when i wanna cut some slack

Pewter
    2000 T/A WS-6

Quote Originally Posted by Mieux97 View Post
    you could ask if they have a deferment plan. all you do there is pay the ticket plus a fee for the deferment, the court will hold the ticket off your record and they will place you on traffic probation for like 4-6 months. if you stay away from tickets in that time period, then the ticket disappears while never hitting your record. but if you do get a tix in that time....then you get a double whammy!! You could also hope that even if the cop does show up that he suddenly "forgets" issuing the ticket.....at least that's what i do when i wanna cut some slack
    Yes there is a deferral program but I am not eligable due to my CDL otherwise I'd be there.

Pewter
    2000 T/A WS-6

Quote Originally Posted by 96Firebirdformula View Post
    Ouch i always look around before doing stupid stuff.
    yep, I looked but obviously not good enough, I think he just caught the last of it because he did not even know the correct road that I pulled out of.

Pewter
    2000 T/A WS-6

Quote Originally Posted by BIG GUNS View Post
    Best of luck with your traffic court. I got all my tickets in my old white Firebird.

Since I got the T/A, I am always swinging my head and checking for cops before I unsafe anything.

I'm sure you were cautious too. Just can't be totally sure sometimes right?

Best of luck anyways,
    You got it I looked both ways but not good enough. thanks

Pewter
    2000 T/A WS-6

Quote Originally Posted by blatty86 View Post
    i dont think i've ever seen the cop in any of my court appearances. then again they are usually out there harrasin the marines trying to make their ticket quota
    They are good for harrasment in the area where I was stoped but mostly towards teenagers. I found out today that if the cop is not present I will NOT automaticly win. The court will just reschedule the date which is bull shit too.

Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

Quote Originally Posted by WS-6 View Post
    They are good for harrasment in the area where I was stoped but mostly towards teenagers. I found out today that if the cop is not present I will NOT automaticly win. The court will just reschedule the date which is bull shit too.
    Wow. I get written up if I miss court and I automatically lose.

Pewter
    2000 T/A WS-6

It is bad enought that you loose, but I think that is a bit extreme that you get written up too. I think you all (police officers) do more than enough too get written up for b/s like that, theese people that come up with theese rules should go f8ck themselves. I'm not a cop nor ever been a cop and I think that is ludacris! Be safe out there.

If you want to try something extreme you could file a motion for a jury trial. In most cases where I live (central Indiana) that will get your case dismissed because traffic courts aren't set up to handle it. But it might be diffrent if your in some podunk county somwhere with only one little courthouse with only a couple of courtrooms. It's a least something to discuss with an attorney if you get one but they can't deny you of it because it's a constitutional right to be tried by a jury of you peers. In Indianapolis they tend to dismiss the whole case rather than go through the hassle of pulling 6 jury members for somthing as petty as a traffic violation. Another thing I find interesting is that it's a "non moving" violation I thought that applied to things like broken taillights, no seatbelt, expired license plate or somthing like that. My wife just got hit for expired tags and got no points.

White
    99 Pontiac Trans Am #2466

fo sho

I feel you because the same happens to me.....what a rip off!!!

Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

Quote Originally Posted by Mieux97 View Post
    I feel you because the same happens to me.....what a rip off!!!
    Always ends up on my day off too...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information