Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Sold: LS1 '85 El Camino ls1camino's Avatar

2000 Grand Prix GTP
    2000 Trans Am WS6 M6

FINALLY got Nymphadora "done"

So it's been 15 months since I did the Head/Cam/Intake swap on Nymphadora. I've run into a lot of problems including money shortage, but I stuck it out till the end.

Well, yesterday Frost finished tuning her, and here are the results:

Four things I should point out about these numbers. 1. The clutch was slipping bad, so the torque numbers are WAY low. I have a Stage 4 Monster Clutch sitting in my garage waiting to go in. 2. I have a Moser 9" with 4.10 gearing, so that adds a lot of drivetrain rotating mass. 3. Frost informed me that his dyno is not the most "Internet friendly" dyno, and that it reads a little lower than some. 4. These pulls were without the Nitrous. I still haven't finished that install

Here are the videos from the three pulls:

And here is the list of my mods:

- Stock Bottom End
    - PRC 5.3L Heads CNC Ported to LS1 size valves and milled to 59cc chambers
    - Torquer V.2 Camshaft 232/234 .595/.598 112 LSA
    - FAST 90 Intake
    - Holley 90mm Throttle Body
    - 95mm FTP Lid
    - LS7 Lifters
    - 7.350" Push Rods
    - Stock Rockers
    - PRC Double Valve Springs
    - 38# Injectors
    - 25% Underdrive Pulley
    - 160 Degree Thermostat
    - LPP Stainless Headers
    - Fabricated 3" Y-Pipe w/o cats
    - Flowmaster Dual 3" to 4" Merge
    - 4" Mufflex Exhaust with cutout before the axle
    - Speed Density Tune

I am very happy with the numbers. The only problem that there is a slight air leak somewhere in the intake or TB. This makes the car idle about 100 rpms above where it should be. It also causes the rpms to hang at about 1500 for a few seconds when I stop.

As for having fun with the car...OH I did

On the way back from Richmond (3 hour drive), I had a run in with a newer M5. I was cruising at about 80-85, when he came up on me. He had a semi-attractive girl with him and was obviously wanting to show off. He didn't even wait for a honk or something. He took off and got about 4-5 cars on me before I downshifted to to 4th and immediately started reeling him in. I passed him doing about 140. Too easy I slowed down and he did a nice flyby and kept going. So we got caught in traffic a couple miles down the road. He had his windows down, so I yelled over to the girl, "want to come take a ride in a real car?" The dude just rolled his windows up and wouldn't make eye contact. Was hilarious.

Then last night I went to a friends house for a party. When I got there I had everyone asking me for rides. I first took my friend Tom who is as much of a car nut as I am, so he deserved first ride. We took it out to I-295 and I punched it and took it past the 155mph speedo within a few seconds. When I slowed down and took an exit to a red light, I had a car pull up next to me. I look over and it's a county cop He gets on his speaker and says, "don't be stupid again" and drives off. Tom and I were dumbfounded...was a good story to tell back at the party.

I thought I had my close call for the night, so I decided to take my brother out. He is the one that has my old Mazdaspeed3, and loves going fast. I pulled out of my friend's neighborhood, dump the clutch, kick the ass end out, and hold the burnout for a good 100ft. I then see red and blue lights in my mirror...F**K!!! I pull over. He (another county cop) walks up and says, "That was pretty stupid." I say, "Yes sir it was." He takes my license and registration and goes back to his car for a minute. He comes back, gives me my stuff, tells me to stop being stupid and leaves. WTF...two in one night? Much less within a half hour of each other

Anyway...I'm glad to have the car back, I just need to fix that air leak and I'll be even happier
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 M6: 427ci LS3, Built T56, Moser 9" w/ 4.11 Gearing, Full Suspension, and 6-point Cage.
    2000 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP: Twincharged w/ a T67 Turbocharger
    2007 Chevrolet 3500 Dually Duramax: 3" Downpipe, Dual 4" Exhaust, EFILive Tuning

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Very cool! Glad to see the Nymph back up and running, especially with the numbers she posted. Were the pulls done in 4th gear?

I may have to go take the Maryland bar exam so I can represent you... looks like you might be a regular client.

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Sounds strong Jeremy. Congrats!!

Impounded

VW BEETLE W/ FLOWER
    88 CRX

air leak? you just might have the famous FAST intake leak. the bolts that hold the intake down were probably tightened too much and cracked the bottom of it...sometimes you can get lucky with epoxy. (hope that is not the case and is just something simple...but so many of these intakes too that

just watched the vids...sounds great even with distorted sound lol was that with open cutout?

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    Were the pulls done in 4th gear?
    Better have been...

Congrats man!! Been a long time in the making.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    Better have been...

What is the protocol for a dyno pull -- A4 and M6?

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

What is the protocol for a dyno pull -- A4 and M6?
    The 1:1 gear.

A4 is third.
    M6 is fourth.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

The 1:1 gear.

A4 is third.
    M6 is fourth.

That's what I thought, but having never been on a dyno I figured no harm in asking.

:/

Glad to hear your cars back up and running. Awesome stories from the party too!

Custom Swirly Black
    2001 WS6 M6

BADASS! CONGRATS!

More jealousy falls upon me...

NBM
    2002 z28 camaro

Great job!!! Finally got her running to the next level!

Gray/ White
    09Ram 1500 83 Thunderturd

Quote Originally Posted by ls1camino View Post
    So it's been 15 months since I did the Head/Cam/Intake swap on Nymphadora. I've run into a lot of problems including money shortage, but I stuck it out till the end.

Click for full size

Click for full size

Four things I should point out about these numbers. 1. The clutch was slipping bad, so the torque numbers are WAY low. I have a Stage 4 Monster Clutch sitting in my garage waiting to go in. 2. I have a Moser 9" with 4.10 gearing, so that adds a lot of drivetrain rotating mass. 3. Frost informed me that his dyno is not the most "Internet friendly" dyno, and that it reads a little lower than some. 4. These pulls were without the Nitrous. I still haven't finished that install

Click for full size

Click for full size

Click for full size

- Stock Bottom End
    - FAST 90 Intake
    - 95mm FTP Lid
    - LS7 Lifters
    - 7.350" Push Rods
    - Stock Rockers
    - 38# Injectors
    - 25% Underdrive Pulley
    - 160 Degree Thermostat
    - LPP Stainless Headers
    - Speed Density Tune

I am very happy with the numbers. The only problem that there is a slight air leak somewhere in the intake or TB. This makes the car idle about 100 rpms above where it should be. It also causes the rpms to hang at about 1500 for a few seconds when I stop.

On the way back from Richmond (3 hour drive), I had a run in with a newer M5. I was cruising at about 80-85, when he came up on me. He had a semi-attractive girl with him and was obviously wanting to show off. He didn't even wait for a honk or something. He took off and got about 4-5 cars on me before I downshifted to to 4th and immediately started reeling him in. I passed him doing about 140. Too easy I slowed down and he did a nice flyby and kept going. So we got caught in traffic a couple miles down the road. He had his windows down, so I yelled over to the girl, "want to come take a ride in a real car?" The dude just rolled his windows up and wouldn't make eye contact. Was hilarious.

Then last night I went to a friends house for a party. When I got there I had everyone asking me for rides. I first took my friend Tom who is as much of a car nut as I am, so he deserved first ride. We took it out to I-295 and I punched it and took it past the 155mph speedo within a few seconds. When I slowed down and took an exit to a red light, I had a car pull up next to me. I look over and it's a county cop He gets on his speaker and says, "don't be stupid again" and drives off. Tom and I were dumbfounded...was a good story to tell back at the party.

I thought I had my close call for the night, so I decided to take my brother out. He is the one that has my old Mazdaspeed3, and loves going fast. I pulled out of my friend's neighborhood, dump the clutch, kick the ass end out, and hold the burnout for a good 100ft. I then see red and blue lights in my mirror...F**K!!! I pull over. He (another county cop) walks up and says, "That was pretty stupid." I say, "Yes sir it was." He takes my license and registration and goes back to his car for a minute. He comes back, gives me my stuff, tells me to stop being stupid and leaves. WTF...two in one night? Much less within a half hour of each other

Anyway...I'm glad to have the car back, I just need to fix that air leak and I'll be even happier
    I suspect the leak is at the map. Its common.
    Nice numbers and glad the headache is over for now

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

damn... now i'm going to have to do a quick mod to keep ahead of ya...

autoconnectionllc.com 02transamce's Avatar

2007 Corvette
    Ebony

Congrats,I imagine the grand prix will be sitting for a while
    Posted via Mobile Device

Sold: LS1 '85 El Camino ls1camino's Avatar

2000 Grand Prix GTP
    2000 Trans Am WS6 M6

Very cool! Glad to see the Nymph back up and running, especially with the numbers she posted. Were the pulls done in 4th gear?

I may have to go take the Maryland bar exam so I can represent you... looks like you might be a regular client.
    Thanks. Yeah, I may need your assistance in the future

Quote Originally Posted by cammed goat View Post
    Sounds strong Jeremy. Congrats!!
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by TmaxicanA View Post
    air leak? you just might have the famous FAST intake leak. the bolts that hold the intake down were probably tightened too much and cracked the bottom of it...sometimes you can get lucky with epoxy. (hope that is not the case and is just something simple...but so many of these intakes too that

just watched the vids...sounds great even with distorted sound lol was that with open cutout?
    It has a very nice growl and it definitely gets the attention of everyone within a mile radius. We opened the cutout for tuning. I want to actually use my $1500 exhaust, so I'm going to cover the cutout and run it for a few days to see how I like it.

Better have been...

Yes, yes it has. Hopefully my next large upgrade won't cause the car to be down for a year plus.

Quote Originally Posted by aTeam View Post
    Glad to hear your cars back up and running. Awesome stories from the party too!
    haha...thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by KMdef9 View Post
    BADASS! CONGRATS!

More jealousy falls upon me...
    Aww...I'll give you a ride sometime if you're in the area or make it to Spazpalooza in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by 02Sweet View Post
    Great job!!! Finally got her running to the next level!

Quote Originally Posted by GTP231 View Post
    I suspect the leak is at the map. Its common.
    Nice numbers and glad the headache is over for now
    Never heard that, but I'll be sure to check that before I take the intake off.

Quote Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
    damn... now i'm going to have to do a quick mod to keep ahead of ya...
    EWP?

Quote Originally Posted by 02transamce View Post
    Congrats,I imagine the grand prix will be sitting for a while
    Yeah, I'll be driving the GTP only during rainy days and when it snows I have my Suburban running now for that.

NBM
    2002 z28 camaro

Never heard that, but I'll be sure to check that before I take the intake off.
    I would check the map too. Mine (of course on the pro flo intake) was causing a vacuum leak but that was an easy fix for me I just extended the wire so it wasn't tugging on it.

Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

Click for full size

Click for full size

Click for full size

Click for full size

Click for full size

- Stock Bottom End
    - FAST 90 Intake
    - 95mm FTP Lid
    - LS7 Lifters
    - 7.350" Push Rods
    - Stock Rockers
    - 38# Injectors
    - 25% Underdrive Pulley
    - 160 Degree Thermostat
    - LPP Stainless Headers
    - Speed Density Tune

Congrats, and even better that you did not get any tickets!!! Car sounds great.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 T/A Firehawk M6

Now we may actually get to see Nymphadora at Spazpalooza.... or..... what ever happened to the fall meet we throw around every year?.... heck i'll take the ride out for a simple cruise to sonic!

Car looks awesome. great numbers and nice kill on the M5. With my clutch sort of behaving and my new subwoofer showing up tomorrow.... I'm starting to think what's next. Seeing numbers like this make me crave power..... but i'm too cautious to jump into it like that... sigh...

i'm thinking a short shifter is next for me. not too expensive or difficult and sorely needed. Saw one of my friends on the highway the other day. A JDM Evo just cruisin.... thought i'd pull alongside him and drop to 3rd.... well that factory hurst shifter burned me and instead of third it found first. skipped the rear wheels off the pavement a few times at 60mph got all squirrelly but recovered and will undoubtedly be teased by my ricer friends over this embarrassing moment.

Sorry for the OT comment..... kinda pisses me off when i miss 3rd LOLOL

Once again awesome job on the car can't wait to see it.... all the more reason to set up a meet for sept some time.

Maple Red Metallic
    2002 Trans Am M6

Nice to hear Jeremy! My lame ass needs to come out to Spazapalooza and see her now that she's all finished. Congrats man

Silver 2002 WS.6
    Red 1989 Formula

Congrats! Did you already put the 335's under her?

Thread Information