Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Finally got my bird!

This is a discussion on Finally got my bird! within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by nicholas1 whats gained from doing the drill mod? Obviously smoother flowing fluid but better clutch feel ? ...

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/a little mods...

Quote Originally Posted by nicholas1 View Post
    whats gained from doing the drill mod? Obviously smoother flowing fluid but better clutch feel? Smoother engagement?
    ^^
    this

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

^^^and helps the pedal be normal after gettin' on it, so the clutch pedal doesn't go away after 3rd gear.

Sunset Orange
    '01 SOM ws6

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    Make sure the front of the lid is positioned BEHIND the lip of the lower air box. The clips should keep it shut if it is properly installed. Another problem may be the tension on the outlet if something is not quite where it belongs or if smooth bellows are installed.
    The lid was sitting more or less on top of the lower box not behind it. I was able to get most of the lid to sit behind it but not all of it. It was still enough to get the clips to stay latched. Thanks for the advice

Sunset Orange
    '01 SOM ws6

Quote Originally Posted by Too Fast View Post
    ^^^and helps the pedal be normal after gettin' on it, so the clutch pedal doesn't go away after 3rd gear.
    I'll look into doin in soon if you guys think its a worthwhile mod.. thanks for the tip

can it be done w/o removing the master cylinder?
    Last edited by nichoLaS1; 09-16-2010 at 06:00 AM.

Sunset Orange
    '01 SOM ws6

Anybody have pics of an SOM trans am w/ a CETA bumper?

Red, Black
    98 T/A M6, 79 T/A 6.6L

Quote Originally Posted by nichoLaS1 View Post
    Anybody have pics of an SOM trans am w/ a CETA bumper?
    please make this your last mod years down the road. It'd be a shame to cover up that beautiful paint. Although the black/polished wheels look great on that car.

what about the zr1 wheels

done the same way yours are, but with the rear-set 10 spoke painted the same dark color as well. (hard to expain i know)

Sunset Orange
    '01 SOM ws6

Quote Originally Posted by goof4080 View Post
    please make this your last mod years down the road. It'd be a shame to cover up that beautiful paint. Although the black/polished wheels look great on that car.

what about the zr1 wheelsClick for full size

done the same way yours are, but with the rear-set 10 spoke painted the same dark color as well. (hard to expain i know)
    I know what youre trying to say about the wheels, but if I do decide to change them, i'm gonna get something chrome with a lip. Probably a five spoke, but maybe a split 5-spoke. these c5 wheels are starting to grow on me though. they're in perfect condition without a single curb mark or scratch on em,. they look really good cleaned up IMO

I'm kinda up in the air about the CETA bumper.. I love the look on basically every color T/A excpet I'm just not sure how I like it on a SOM.. I'm gonna wait a little bit though.
    Last edited by nichoLaS1; 09-16-2010 at 06:43 PM.

Sunset Orange
    '01 SOM ws6

some more pics after i washed her.. a couple with my friends ws6 too

Smiles for 9.5 Years cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Pewter
    02 WS6

I remember the day I saw that color TA on the show room floor at the dealership back in 02. I was there to buy a used metallic blue one but loved that SOM! Congrats dude

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'12 Silver SS 1SS
    '00 Black SS #8617

coongrats on the new ride!!!

please change out those horrible looking wheels you got with the car when you purchased it. black rims w/or w/out a polished lip are pure trash. it brings down the "pop" that your SOM car has.

perhaps, sell those rims to someone that thinks they look cool. some idiot will take those wheels off your hands!!! take their money and run. i mean, look how many sets of those wheels appear on f-bodies, because everyone wants to be 'different'.

then, go get some nice polished aluminum wheels. you can thank me later.
    2000 SS - The Wicked Witch: °°Cammed 'n Slammed°° 458rwhp/410rwtq
    Quote Originally Posted by Bowtie_girl30
    I was hoping to just hump her up the exhaust cause she is so damn sexy....
    "Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience."

Sunset Orange
    '01 SOM ws6

Quote Originally Posted by SSwt00SS View Post
    coongrats on the new ride!!!

please change out those horrible looking wheels you got with the car when you purchased it. black rims w/or w/out a polished lip are pure trash. it brings down the "pop" that your SOM car has.

perhaps, sell those rims to someone that thinks they look cool. some idiot will take those wheels off your hands!!! take their money and run. i mean, look how many sets of those wheels appear on f-bodies, because everyone wants to be 'different'.

then, go get some nice polished aluminum wheels. you can thank me later.
    lol well thanks for the opinion.. I wasnt crazy about the wheels at first, but once i got the car and cleaned it up the wheels look pretty damn good on it. They're in perfect condition and, but it has always been my intention to get some polished wheels once i finally got the car.. Once the time comes for new tires, I may switch them up. Until then I got other things to spend money on

A couple pics w/ my jeep too (its got black wheels too man, dont hate me)

Last edited by nichoLaS1; 09-18-2010 at 07:18 AM.

sunset orange metallic
    2002 T/A convertible

Hey Brother, welcome to the SOM Club! Without a doubt, this is one of the KOOOOOLEST Kolors Pontiac ever came out with! I was a salesman in 2002 at a GM dealer in PA when they put an SOM coupe on the showroom floor. That was it!! I went and ordered my vert the next day. My only regret is not gettibg the Firehawk option on it. Anyway, good luck with it and try to make it to Spazapalooza next year to show it off!

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

OMG not black wheels!

J/K.

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2001 camaro z28

Datz a nice lookin bird!
    01 Camaro z28, 3200 TCI stall, slp lid, smooth bellow, Delphi MAF, tuned, 3.73 gears, flowmaster

01 Camaro z28 RS Bodykit, Flowmaster, Bone Stock

Sunset Orange
    '01 SOM ws6

Man, I LOVE this thing! I've had her since Tuesday, and I don't think I've driven it yet without a huge smile on my face. It looks, sounds, and drives amazingly. I've waited to get one for so long, and so far have ZERO regrets. Just finished washing it again and gave it a nice coat of wax. It really cleaned up nicely and brought out the color to a whole new level.

UMI subframe connectors came in the mail yesterday.. I'll be putting them on next weekend, but wow they look amazing. They're wonderfully made with great quality welds and beautiful red powdercoating finish. I cant wait to install them. more pics to follow..

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

You sound like I did after we bought our car in 2008 -- been 2 years last month and I still am in love with it. Make sure you install the SFC's with the car on its wheels. A 4-post lift works great if you have access to one.

Sunset Orange
    '01 SOM ws6

You sound like I did after we bought our car in 2008 -- been 2 years last month and I still am in love with it. Make sure you install the SFC's with the car on its wheels. A 4-post lift works great if you have access to one.
    I'm gona be using ramps on the front and a jack w/ jackstands on the back. I don't have access to a lift @ the moment, but the instructions gave good directions for the proper way to lift it to keep the supension loaded.. different note though, wouldnt a 4 post lift let the wheels hang, i.e unloaded suspension?

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Quote Originally Posted by nichoLaS1 View Post
    I'm gona be using ramps on the front and a jack w/ jackstands on the back. I don't have access to a lift @ the moment, but the instructions gave good directions for the proper way to lift it to keep the supension loaded.. different note though, wouldnt a 4 post lift let the wheels hang, i.e unloaded suspension?

4-post has ramps and you simply drive the car onto it. You may be thinking of a 2-post that lifts by the frame with swing arms.

Sunset Orange
    '01 SOM ws6

4-post has ramps and you simply drive the car onto it. You may be thinking of a 2-post that lifts by the frame with swing arms.
    yeah sorry, it was too early in the morning.. Read it wrong. but anyways I wish I did have access to one, it'd make it a lot easier

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information