few lights out

This is a discussion on few lights out within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; i've heard numerous lights go out on me. first of all both of my running daytime lights went out, first ...

Red
    2002 Trans Am WS6

few lights out

i've heard numerous lights go out on me. first of all both of my running daytime lights went out, first one then then other about a month later. how do i get to those, they look like they'd be a pain. also my temp controls don't light up. the little red light on the door handle on the inside for the passenger door is out. and yesterday i noticed my rear passenger side parking light marker was out (this is the only one that seems like it would be pretty easy). are they other three easy, should i attempt them i don't want to crack the interior or anything. any points if i do it myself?

silver
    1999 T/A WS6 A4

Pretty easy to change out the drl bulbs, you can get to them from underneath, their is a little flap you will need to unbolt (2 bolts). Much easier if you drive the car up on a 2x8 or some ramps, can be done on the ground. Some guys get to them from the top by the headlights, I can't arms to damn big. Chances are the sockets are probably going to need to be replaced also. You'll be able to tell when you pull them, autozone has the sockets for about 5 bucks.
    Can't help with the temp control lights havn't had to do that yet. I'm sure someone else will chime in on those.
    The little door light you just need to carefully pry up the switch panel, once its up you'll see where the light is.
    Sidemarker, just take the screw out.
    You shouldn't have any problems doing any of this youself.

Resident Mississippian BdAsBrd01's Avatar

Pewter
    2001 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by beer View Post
    i've heard numerous lights go out on me. first of all both of my running daytime lights went out, first one then then other about a month later. how do i get to those, they look like they'd be a pain. also my temp controls don't light up. the little red light on the door handle on the inside for the passenger door is out. and yesterday i noticed my rear passenger side parking light marker was out (this is the only one that seems like it would be pretty easy). are they other three easy, should i attempt them i don't want to crack the interior or anything. any points if i do it myself?
    I have the same problem. Both of the front running lights are out and the light under the gearshift. Have you had to replace the gearshift light?

Red
    2002 Trans Am WS6

no mine is an m6

Thread Information