Thread: FbodyGathering

Black
    2002 Trans Am

FbodyGathering

Has anyone ever attended and who has plans to attend this year? Ive only had my TA for about a year and have been looking for other fbody owners to link up with locally.

http://www.fbodygathering.com/

This is possible. I was considering the BanditRun though, which one is better?

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

They do something like this out on the West Coast also called the LA Invasion.

Since I'm in Az it's way closer. Have fun in Ga!

Bright Rally Red
    2002 Camaro 35thLE

G14 will be an awesome event for you to go to.

I got my SS about 7 months ago and I am planning on being there this year.

Then gonna make the trek to Camaros at Carlisle in June.

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

Quote Originally Posted by WS6 > SS View Post
    This is possible. I was considering the BanditRun though, which one is better?
    kinda depends on what you like....Atlanta invasion is everyone go park, drink, race and party for 3 days. bandit run is a week long cruise.
    Last edited by third_shift|studios; 02-19-2010 at 03:47 PM.

Yellow
    02 CETA#732

Hmmm, Gathering the week after BanditRun, sounds like I'll need to take more "sick" time off work.

Silver
    98 Trans Am

im going to try my best to make it. from greenville SC

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

Quote Originally Posted by jagfan93 View Post
    Hmmm, Gathering the week after BanditRun, sounds like I'll need to take more "sick" time off work.
    I thought the banditrun ends at YearOne experience?

Yellow
    02 CETA#732

Quote Originally Posted by third_shift|studios View Post
    I thought the banditrun ends at YearOne experience?
    Looks like it ends at Disney World Orlando May 21 this year, then the gathering starts May 28, so appears to be about a week in between.

Blue on white
    1999 Trans Am

If I get back this year, it will make my 5th straight visit. I haven't done any of the Bandit Runs, the original one from Texarkana to Atlanta was the most interesting to me, just too far. The Gatherings are more about hanging out than driving, racing, etc. There is plenty of police visibility in the area and the organizers do their best to keep it sane. Leave the nitrous bottle at home and take the keg instead, rent a room at the Marriott ($79/night special rate) and plan to park the F-Body for the bulk of the long weekend. Get there Friday, party in the parking lot Friday night, dust off the car Saturday morning for judging, eat a big lunch and take a swim and a nap, grab dinner and party in again until the early hours Sunday. Sleep in and then head to the car for the cruise to downtown Atlanta's famous Varsity restaurant with 100+ of your old and new friends. Come back for another great afternoon, and attend the banquet/awards show and raffle. One last night of fun and head out Monday (Memorial Day) morning. Chances are you will be back again the next year.

As far as the car show part goes, don't sweat the details too much. The judging is different than many shows; and chances are a car you consider much less dirty or less tastefully modded will win your category. There are no 6' trophys, only a wooden plaque. Just be ready for a weekend of fun and 200-400 of Detroit's (or St. Theresa's) finest. The mindset is there is a gathering of great folks and a car show breaks out. Visit the Gathering's site for details. www.fbodygathering.com

maple red
    2000 trans am

Anyone know anything like this that happens in the great state of texas

Black
    2002 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by jagfan93 View Post
    Looks like it ends at Disney World Orlando May 21 this year, then the gathering starts May 28, so appears to be about a week in between.
    You are correct. The Bandit Run starts this year at Year One on the 15th then we are traveling to FL. Visiting a few beaches, Don Garlis museam, Daytona Beach and Daytona 500, then continueing to Jupiter Beach. Ending at Disney World and getting on the Disney race way.

This will be my second year and I can say the first year for me was so fun I can't wait for this years Run to start.

White
    2001 RS Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by Raleigh TA View Post
    If I get back this year, it will make my 5th straight visit. I haven't done any of the Bandit Runs, the original one from Texarkana to Atlanta was the most interesting to me, just too far. The Gatherings are more about hanging out than driving, racing, etc. There is plenty of police visibility in the area and the organizers do their best to keep it sane. Leave the nitrous bottle at home and take the keg instead, rent a room at the Marriott ($79/night special rate) and plan to park the F-Body for the bulk of the long weekend. Get there Friday, party in the parking lot Friday night, dust off the car Saturday morning for judging, eat a big lunch and take a swim and a nap, grab dinner and party in again until the early hours Sunday. Sleep in and then head to the car for the cruise to downtown Atlanta's famous Varsity restaurant with 100+ of your old and new friends. Come back for another great afternoon, and attend the banquet/awards show and raffle. One last night of fun and head out Monday (Memorial Day) morning. Chances are you will be back again the next year.

As far as the car show part goes, don't sweat the details too much. The judging is different than many shows; and chances are a car you consider much less dirty or less tastefully modded will win your category. There are no 6' trophys, only a wooden plaque. Just be ready for a weekend of fun and 200-400 of Detroit's (or St. Theresa's) finest. The mindset is there is a gathering of great folks and a car show breaks out. Visit the Gathering's site for details. www.fbodygathering.com

I can't wait to go! I'm trying to get her all ready before May when the gathering starts. But it's definately something you want to do if you love cars. I've been going for 3 years now and wouldn't miss it for the world!

Thread Information