Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Falling prices

This is a discussion on Falling prices within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; You do know the H1 gets better milage then the H2? The H1 my parents had, got 15-16 avg, where ...

2011 Prius

You do know the H1 gets better milage then the H2? The H1 my parents had, got 15-16 avg, where we live. I get 17-21 around here in the Vette. So it's not much of a loss, just a big tank to fill. More useful, and a dream. I seen them for under $25,000 for fairly nice ones. The one I found I want is $35,000 and that's doable in a few years.

midnight blue
    2000 trans am

haha, not the last time i checked bud, I drive humvee's in the military and their just about the same to worse. I hate hummers humvees all the different types you can have it lol, thats your dream tho cant knock ya for that. I would rather have something more conventional like a 2500 6.6 turbo diesel chevy 2003 preferrably.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/a little mods...

Nobody move! This is a Hummer in progress!!

To the Op; I think prices started falling last yr. I got mine in Mar this yr and I noticed prices dropped big time. IMHO I think that ppl are giving them up for:

1) Economy - Everyone seems to be hurting
    2) Last yr Gas prices - I think they are going to go near $5 bucks this summer
    3) GM has put out the 5th Gen and now every one wants something new and shiny

2011 Prius

Quote Originally Posted by bluehawk2000 View Post
    haha, not the last time i checked bud, I drive humvee's in the military and their just about the same to worse. I hate hummers humvees all the different types you can have it lol, thats your dream tho cant knock ya for that. I would rather have something more conventional like a 2500 6.6 turbo diesel chevy 2003 preferrably.
    The millitary is caring allot of extra wheight, armor (I hope), turrent if they do. Plus other crap. We get the strip down Godzilla SUV. I always wanted a diesel Avalanche.

Also above poster is correct, I think that's why allot of higher end cars are dropping like a stone.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/a little mods...

had to go to the dealer this morning for my wife's SUV. Saw a 2002 WS6 on the back lot. Went to go check it out, not in bad shape. Needed some TLC, it had the every present crack dash from being in the south. A salesman comes up. Tells me they just picked it up last night. I told him I already have one before he starts the sales pitch. He then tells me he has never drove one and then asks me how they drive. Told him my opinions. I asked how much they got it for and what were they going to sell it for? He said they only gave 4k for the trade in (95k miles) As I pick up my jaw off the ground from total shock, he said they would probably get only 6k for it. I told him if I had the $$$ I offer 5k and he said they might have taken the deal just so they could sale it quickly. SOAB!!! Only have 1 grand available.

2011 Prius

Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    had to go to the dealer this morning for my wife's SUV. Saw a 2002 WS6 on the back lot. Went to go check it out, not in bad shape. Needed some TLC, it had the every present crack dash from being in the south. A salesman comes up. Tells me they just picked it up last night. I told him I already have one before he starts the sales pitch. He then tells me he has never drove one and then asks me how they drive. Told him my opinions. I asked how much they got it for and what were they going to sell it for? He said they only gave 4k for the trade in (95k miles) As I pick up my jaw off the ground from total shock, he said they would probably get only 6k for it. I told him if I had the $$$ I offer 5k and he said they might have taken the deal just so they could sale it quickly. SOAB!!! Only have 1 grand available.
    Is it a 6-Speed? Ask him if he would trade a 93 Corvette in for it!

Electric Blue Pearl
    2001 Trans Am

OK HERE IS A POST THAT IS BACK ON TRACK!!!!

I was expecting the price of the T/A to fall. It is almost 10 years old, with the realease of the new Camaro. Most collectable cars will loose value after the 10th year...because the people that love them, will be bored because they have had it for 10 years and want a new project. It will remain low and dip a little lower around the 19th year, because people get scared that things will start going wrong with the car due to the age and the number 20 makes it sound that much older if they want to sell. When the car gets to be about 25, that is when the car starts to spike upward...people want to get it before it becomes and antique at 30 years...plus all the people that originally owned one...miss it.

Quick Silver
    2002 Z06

That sounds like a good formula for pricing to me.

Slow Passenger Window - Want Passenger Express Down - Tired of Replacing DayTime Running Light Bulbs

Camaro Owners Click Here
    Firebird Owners Click Here

Need instructions to replace your F-Body window motor?
    www.AutoTrix.net

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

Quote Originally Posted by muteki View Post
    OK HERE IS A POST THAT IS BACK ON TRACK!!!!

I was expecting the price of the T/A to fall. It is almost 10 years old, with the realease of the new Camaro. Most collectable cars will loose value after the 10th year...because the people that love them, will be bored because they have had it for 10 years and want a new project. It will remain low and dip a little lower around the 19th year, because people get scared that things will start going wrong with the car due to the age and the number 20 makes it sound that much older if they want to sell. When the car gets to be about 25, that is when the car starts to spike upward...people want to get it before it becomes and antique at 30 years...plus all the people that originally owned one...miss it.
    good overall evaluation except for one point .. If I but a 4th gen I want a stock one .. or very close to stock.. to many people are doing serious mods to there 4th gens for them to be collectible ... also LOW millage is a must ...

2011 Prius

Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    How come no one wants to buy my 63 Falcon?

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

Quote Originally Posted by SHines-IT View Post
    How come no one wants to buy my 63 Falcon?
    because 64-65s ROCK...

2011 Prius

Quote Originally Posted by snaggeltooth View Post
    because 64-65s ROCK...
    Personally I think mind looks better then box shaped ones, but I would have never bougt it... Mind is a Vert though.

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

Quote Originally Posted by SHines-IT View Post
    Personally I think mind looks better then box shaped ones, but I would have never bougt it... Mind is a Vert though.
    Buddy of mine had a 65 Falcon Futura, was a black one .. he semi restored it .. It was black and painted a Flying Tigers on the sides ...looked real cool ....

2011 Prius

Quote Originally Posted by snaggeltooth View Post
    Buddy of mine had a 65 Falcon Futura, was a black one .. he semi restored it .. It was black and painted a Flying Tigers on the sides ...looked real cool ....
    Yea, I've seen some damn nice ones... But I just can't get pasionate about this car. People said I should since it's all I have of my dads, but I never knew the guy... The car just takes up space in my book... It's in good shape and runs great.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information