Results 1 to 12 of 12

A/F ratio gauge

This is a discussion on A/F ratio gauge within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; hey i want to get an A/F gauge to go in my middle vent which i believe is 2 5/8... ...

  1. #1
    cammed & slammed Kaotic_ws6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Jacksonville Tx
    Age
    26
    Posts
    983

    Black
    2002 ws6 (6 speed)

    A/F ratio gauge

    hey i want to get an A/F gauge to go in my middle vent which i believe is 2 5/8... anybody know where i can find this size or if they even make them?? i dont want a full out wideband like(300 bucks). just a regular A/F gauge
    1999 mbm Z m6/ forged 346, lt's, wires, ls6 intake, sts rear turbo.

    *SOLD*2002 black ws6- <Bolt ons, ls6 heads, mild cam, dyno tune, full susp. and 4.10s> --440rwhp/395rwtq

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Odessa Tx
    Posts
    50

    Red
    2002 Trans am

    Your going to need a wideband to get it tuned correct?? Do it right the first time if you can.

  3. #3
    cammed & slammed Kaotic_ws6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Jacksonville Tx
    Age
    26
    Posts
    983

    Black
    2002 ws6 (6 speed)

    Quote Originally Posted by Ls1Bandit02ws6 View Post
    Your going to need a wideband to get it tuned correct?? Do it right the first time if you can.
    well the only diff. between the real expensive one and a normal one is the digital numbers in the middle for the expensive ones, and they come with O2 sensors, i just want a normal 70 dollar or so gauge, dont need to do any tuning right now.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Odessa Tx
    Posts
    50

    Red
    2002 Trans am

    I know they make ones that fit in the vents many people have them look on autometer they make pods and everything also.

    Edit...

    I checked the site and they only show wideband no narrow ones >.<
    Last edited by Ls1Bandit02ws6; 02-24-2009 at 07:33 PM. Reason: More info

  5. #5
    cammed & slammed Kaotic_ws6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Jacksonville Tx
    Age
    26
    Posts
    983

    Black
    2002 ws6 (6 speed)

    Quote Originally Posted by Ls1Bandit02ws6 View Post
    I know they make ones that fit in the vents many people have them look on autometer they make pods and everything also.

    Edit...

    I checked the site and they only show wideband no narrow ones >.<
    yea i can find A/F ration gauges in 2 1/16 just not in 2 5/8 vent sizes

  6. #6
    Slow'er'Ass Mr. Luos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Thornton, CO
    Posts
    23,785

    Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaotic_ws6 View Post
    well the only diff. between the real expensive one and a normal one is the digital numbers in the middle for the expensive ones, and they come with O2 sensors



    Get wideband...or you are wasting your money,
    A proper wideband is gonna run $250+

  7. #7
    Sold: LS1 '85 El Camino ls1camino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Laurel, Maryland
    Posts
    4,977

    2000 Grand Prix GTP
    2000 Trans Am WS6 M6

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaotic_ws6 View Post
    well the only diff. between the real expensive one and a normal one is the digital numbers in the middle for the expensive ones, and they come with O2 sensors, i just want a normal 70 dollar or so gauge, dont need to do any tuning right now.


    That's not the only difference...you need to do a little more research. A standard A/F is a pretty little Bar Graph that really won't tell you anything except give you a nice light show at cruising speed.

    Here is the 2.0625" to 2.625" Adapter:
    http://www.speedinc.com/cont.cfm?cid=C0000803

  8. #8
    cammed & slammed Kaotic_ws6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Jacksonville Tx
    Age
    26
    Posts
    983

    Black
    2002 ws6 (6 speed)

    Quote Originally Posted by ls1camino View Post


    That's not the only difference...you need to do a little more research. A standard A/F is a pretty little Bar Graph that really won't tell you anything except give you a nice light show at cruising speed.

    Here is the 2.0625" to 2.625" Adapter:
    http://www.speedinc.com/cont.cfm?cid=C0000803
    thanks, i honestly didnt know, some bozo told me the only difference was what i said. but i guess he was wrong, well if im gonna spend that much i might as well get my 3.90s that i want. becuase i have friends at a speed shop that will put them in for 40 bucks. i think that would be better to have than a 300 dollar gauge
    Last edited by Kaotic_ws6; 02-25-2009 at 04:17 PM.

  9. #9
    Veteran Hi-Po's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    10,461

    Black
    1999 TA WS.6

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post



    Get wideband...or you are wasting your money,
    A proper wideband is gonna run $250+
    Slightly high But yea, I got mine in purty red.

  10. #10
    Still The Junior Member RedVertTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Orlando FL
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,045

    Red+White Top and Stripes
    2000TransAmConvertible A4

    Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Po View Post
    Slightly high But yea, I got mine in purty red.
    Where did you find one in just red.

  11. #11
    Veteran Hi-Po's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    10,461

    Black
    1999 TA WS.6

    Quote Originally Posted by RedVertTA View Post
    Where did you find one in just red.
    KY Speed. LC-1.

  12. #12
    Still The Junior Member RedVertTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Orlando FL
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,045

    Red+White Top and Stripes
    2000TransAmConvertible A4

    Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Po View Post
    KY Speed. LC-1.
    Thanks.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. What type of A/F Ratio gauge do you have?
    By WS6 > SS in forum Stereo and Electronics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-18-2010, 02:48 PM
  2. Question: How to connect air/fuel ratio gauge?
    By Cali Night Stalker in forum General Help
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 08-10-2009, 05:24 AM
  3. Boost gauge - A/F ratio gauge - & RH mirror cover
    By 9t8z28 in forum Parts For Sale / Trade
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-24-2009, 04:18 PM
  4. air fuel ratio gauge
    By coupe00 in forum Camaro / SS
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-14-2007, 02:27 AM
  5. a/f ratio gauge.....who makes a decent one
    By nevrlift in forum General Help
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-05-2006, 02:21 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •