Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

F-body Quality???

This is a discussion on F-body Quality??? within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Here's what I've found about my T/A. bad *Weak window motors ($400 to replace at dealer) *some electrical ticks, flickering ...

Something Diabolical... chuckie669's Avatar
    2000 C5 Torch Red

Here's what I've found about my T/A.

bad
    *Weak window motors ($400 to replace at dealer)
    *some electrical ticks, flickering lights
    *Front turn signals and brake light assemblys have been known to leak
    *Go through tires like candy (Dunno why, really)

Good
    *Decent gas Mileage (worst about 15mpg, best 23mpg for me)
    *ppl have been known to gain the bug known as the oversized ego complex after driving an f-bod

Great
    *Goddamn sexy car and Get compliments all the time
    *LS1 V8 is a strong motor
    *T-Tops are a must
    *Hella fast and fun to drive
    *Represent american muscle

Mechanically, I haven't had anything go wrong with my car that I couldn't fix myself cheaply other than the windows and the rack and pinion assembly. 80K miles to date.

I take pride and love my bird, and hope that it stays with me for my remaining years. We'd like to see you to join the f-body family.

Blue
    2002 Z28 Camaro M6

Quote Originally Posted by bluefields88 View Post
    when you're 18, pay for your college, and play stand up bass, a mini van works out well. he's also a DD to partys. works out well.

Actually, I play the Double Bass for a living and it fits in the Camaro just fine with my stool, luggage for the weekend gig, and another person (plus their luggage and small instrument if needed). I have to admit my 2002 Z28 seems alot tighter then my 94 B4C did, even when they were the same age. I think Chevy did a great job with these cars.

Red
    2000 Camaro SS #3574 A4

how the hell do you fit a double bass in a Camaro? I'm trying to picture that fitting, but I can't.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyromaniacal View Post
    I absolutely adore my 02 WS6. Just like Thirdshift said, usually it goes "wow it's so clean!" followed by "I love the leather!" and those are just some of the positive.. reviews.. I've gotten from the ladies... rawr.

As far as resilience is concerned, these cars are top notch with only a few weak links. The rear end is probably the most looming issue as they tend to break if you get too liberal with them.

Good luck w/ your purchase!! You can't go wrong with one of these cars if it doesn't snow much around you, if it does though make sure you have a daily driver!!
    What the hell do you mean by the back breaking? if you abuse it the back brakes? wtf
    And i must admit that the T/A's are one of the best looking cars on the road.

And, are the window motors naturally slow or do they become weak within time(not that its a big deal to me)?

Red
    2000 Camaro SS #3574 A4

they start to slow down over time. then they'll only roll up part way, then they wont work at all.

Blue
    2002 Z28 Camaro M6

how the hell do you fit a double bass in a Camaro? I'm trying to picture that fitting, but I can't.
    Two ways to pull it off. Both involve folding down the back seats. The way I do it is slide it in neck first and have the neck go between the front seats, which makes the ebrake a pain but nothing to noticeable. The other way is slide it in bottom first and have the passenger seat folded forward some. My bass is actually a bit bigger then standard (small 7/8ths) but the Camaro is one of the best cars for traveling with it. I have even fit it in smaller cars like my old 89 300z (2 seat turbo). I will try to get a picture of it when I go to the next gig for you.

Red
    2000 Camaro SS #3574 A4

Quote Originally Posted by Bottesini View Post
    Two ways to pull it off. Both involve folding down the back seats. The way I do it is slide it in neck first and have the neck go between the front seats, which makes the ebrake a pain but nothing to noticeable. The other way is slide it in bottom first and have the passenger seat folded forward some. My bass is actually a bit bigger then standard (small 7/8ths) but the Camaro is one of the best cars for traveling with it. I have even fit it in smaller cars like my old 89 300z (2 seat turbo). I will try to get a picture of it when I go to the next gig for you.
    haha, excellent. I used to play guitar in a band. I have a 150 watt line 6 combo amp that I bought before I got my car. I wasn't sure it would fit in my trunk, but I dropped it in and it fit in there like a hand in a glove. the cargo flap that covers the trunk actually helped to hold it in place. then I would fold down my backseat and put my SG and Strat cases on the back seat. the cases would pretty much 69 eachother and fit no problem. My singer would usually ride shotgun and I'd carry whatever else he needed ontop of my cases. worked out great.

gotta love that fold down backseat.

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 A4

haha, excellent. I used to play guitar in a band. I have a 150 watt line 6 combo amp that I bought before I got my car. I wasn't sure it would fit in my trunk, but I dropped it in and it fit in there like a hand in a glove. the cargo flap that covers the trunk actually helped to hold it in place. then I would fold down my backseat and put my SG and Strat cases on the back seat. the cases would pretty much 69 eachother and fit no problem. My singer would usually ride shotgun and I'd carry whatever else he needed ontop of my cases. worked out great.

gotta love that fold down backseat.
    I've done pretty much that same thing... even drove around for a bout a week with guitars and all in the car... amazingly roomy... actually know a kid that in a C4 Vett Coupe... he put in a big Marshall Amp and his guitars in...and go to practices...

Red
    2000 Camaro SS #3574 A4

if there is a will, there is a way.

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

And if they is a way then we can make love to the Care Bears

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by chuckie669 View Post
    Here's what I've found about my T/A.

bad
    *Weak window motors ($400 to replace at dealer)
    Damn dude you got ripped off

Red
    2000 Camaro SS #3574 A4

I paid $250 to get my window motor replaced.

Something Diabolical... chuckie669's Avatar
    2000 C5 Torch Red

Yeah, I got ripped pretty bad, but I had to get to work so I took it to the dealer (It was raining out and the window was stuck down) and they drove me to work then picked me up after to get my car back.

weberje
    My 2 cents: As a Lance Corporal, I bought a black '00 TA M6 that when I purchased had 7,400 miles. Could barely afford it, but so worth it. Then, went to Iraq and had a baby on the way. YOU CAN'T PUT AN INFANT IN A REAR FACING CAR SEAT IN THE BACK OF THAT THING. So, had to go. I missed that car every single day- never got to say goodbye, stupid sandbox. Well, my boy turned three and I got myself a red WS6. It is like sex every time I drive that car. These cars have a way of becoming a part of you. Like family. Civic? Like that dirty uncle that always wanted to play the "tasting game".....Brother, shop around and find exactly what you like. Jus like any other vehicle/mechanism: you stay up on the maintenance and you'll be straight.

eating bulldog
    son of biscuit

wtf is up with everyone using the word "solid"......hhah i kid

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

Damn I paid under bucks to get mine replaced

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Quote Originally Posted by weberje View Post
    YOU CAN'T PUT AN INFANT IN A REAR FACING CAR SEAT IN THE BACK OF THAT THING.

I have done it.
    Tight though.

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

I have done it, just make sure you have a average height wife or girlfriend so you can put the baby behind her seat.

Pewter
    '99 Trans Am

and if the wife/girlfriend is taller than average height? time to get a shorter wife/girlfriend

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

Haha, lets all make love to midget chicks

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information