Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Are F-Bodies the shit or do they suck?

This is a discussion on Are F-Bodies the shit or do they suck? within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Mine rode smoother than most sedans when it was stock. They have a few issues as all cars do....

Blog Entries

09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

Mine rode smoother than most sedans when it was stock. They have a few issues as all cars do.

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Black Trans-Am View Post
    Mine rode smoother than most sedans when it was stock. They have a few issues as all cars do.

=+2

green
    98 formula

Quote Originally Posted by 9t8z28 View Post
    Man, I have never seen one rusty 4th Generation F-BODY. I live on a 1/4 mile long dirt driveway, mud gets all over it, daily drive in rain and snow, tons of sinders and salt, and I have 135,000 miles on the odometer. Not one bit of RUST! After it got totaled, I stripped it. And believe me I took a look at every panel, brace, and what not. These cars are BAD A$$!!
    i agree i love these cars too but i have seen rusty ones usually the bad ones dont get washed well enough that includes the underside it doesnt matter what brand if a vehicle is made of metal it will rust also the first 4th gens are going to be 15 yrs old soon

Pewter
    1999 Trans Am 5.7L

I have had nothing but problems with mine...mostly due to me being retarded. I love every minute of the driving experience.

Sunset Orange
    2001 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    If I was making a 3+ hour trip, I would rather ride in my '01 Grand Am GT.

If I was making a trip shorter...better believe I am taking the Bird.

That about sums it up.
    Man, are you joking?!?! I have an 01 GAGT and My wife and I bthink it is the most uncomfortable car we've ever owned. That seat is like sitting on a concrete slab.
    I much prefer my Z to that dog any day. We recently picked up an 06 Cobalt base model and it's much easier on the Butt for sure.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ATCharming's Avatar

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

yes cobalt is fun. slow, but a good DD

navy blue
    1999 Trans Am

Mine is pretty good but I'll bet the C6 I'm picking up on Friday will be more fun

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

Love the car. Last year my wife and 2 kids took 2 1800 mile round trips. One to TX, one to Florida. Had no problems, got 25 to 27.4 MPG. Was a little tight on space, but we knew that before leaving and packed accordingly. Much rather drive this than our Jeep Cherokee. (But we will be taking on our upcoming trip to New Orleans for Mardi Gras this Feb, due to weather uncertainties.)

Red
    '02 WS6

precisely why mine is for weekends only, not a DD..

black
    2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

I was just wondering if anyone else has as many problems with the stock "cats" on their ws6. I have to replace another one.

BlacK
    2001 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by VinceWS.6 View Post
    Just wondering what you guys think... I have been going through comments on this site and see many mixed reviews... People say Camaro's and TA's are shitty cars with a great engine. I have an 02 WS.6 and love the hell out of it. Let me know what you all think...
    If they suck, then I love one sucky car. I guess what they might be trying to say, is that the suspension and rest of the drive train could use some upgrades...IF...your going to be adding horsepower to the engine.
    Stock, I don't see a problem. Do they handle like a Ferrari? No.

Are they a great street car? You bet yo azz.

Oh and one mo' thing. This is NOT a luxury car...30 hours in any car sucks, your gonna want to get out and give yourself a good stretch. Let's be realistic. Geeeeeze.

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by {FzS}BlacKMagicK View Post
    If they suck, then I love one sucky car. I guess what they might be trying to say, is that the suspension and rest of the drive train could use some upgrades...IF...your going to be adding horsepower to the engine.
    Stock, I don't see a problem. Do they handle like a Ferrari? No.

Are they a great street car? You bet yo azz.

Oh and one mo' thing. This is NOT a luxury car...30 hours in any car sucks, your gonna want to get out and give yourself a good stretch. Let's be realistic. Geeeeeze.
    =+2

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

Quote Originally Posted by joker View Post
    I was just wondering if anyone else has as many problems with the stock "cats" on their ws6. I have to replace another one.
    to the OE convertors. But, maybe that was one way to get a good HP rating from the factory. Oh well, they have a long warranty. I had both of mine replaced free before I got my Hookers and ORY. No emissions testing here.......

Blog Entries

2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

I have a feeling they are going to push for all states to have testing after that global warming report came out.

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Black Trans-Am View Post
    I have a feeling they are going to push for all states to have testing after that global warming report came out.
    There is nothing we humans can do about global warming, we are only contributing to it, barely. Remember, we are (geologically speaking) barely coming out of an ice age. Warming is a natural rebound. There are many fossils of warm creatures living near the north and south poles.

Blog Entries

2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

I was on a debate team awhile back and we had this topic and there are so many variable that can make it go either way. Usually our evidence that we came up with showed a bit of warming which melts some the ice caps wich cools the oceans and makes us go towards another ice age. We even proved it was raising of cows in tropical location that were really causing it.

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

I've heard that one volcano eruption emitts more greenhouse gases than all the cars ever made combined.??

White
    2001 Trans Am WS6

I love driving my Trans Am. I drove it from Houston TX to Minnesota. I thought is very smooth and comfy. I have a built engine and its lowered. And I have a moser 12 bolt that humms. But that noise is not noticable with the radio on. I still was able to get 21mpg. I plan to take a long road trip every summer with the trans am.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by 9t8z28 View Post
    Man, I have never seen one rusty 4th Generation F-BODY. I live on a 1/4 mile long dirt driveway, mud gets all over it, daily drive in rain and snow, tons of sinders and salt, and I have 135,000 miles on the odometer. Not one bit of RUST! After it got totaled, I stripped it. And believe me I took a look at every panel, brace, and what not. These cars are BAD A$$!!
    Same here man, I've never any rust on a 4th gen. And there are plenty of these cars that spend 1/4 of their lives covered in road grime and salt.

Paint and rustproofing technology has come a long way since the 80's.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by 99blueZ View Post
    me either. They are what they are. And that is tough muscle cars not some refined lexus.
    And it shoudn't be.

If I wanted soft steering feel, a light ass clutch, a soft suspension, and a shifter that I could move by blowing on it, I wouldn't have bought a muscle car. The F-Body's personality is macho, its not some little econo car thats meant for sprinting to the grocery store. And I sure as hell like it that way, every time I drive my car it makes me realize how much I love American muscle

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information