expected numbers

This is a discussion on expected numbers within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; What HP do you think would be typical on a motor with headwork on stock heads, ls6 intake, mild cam, ...

Navy Blue Metallic
    1999 Trans Am

expected numbers

What HP do you think would be typical on a motor with headwork on stock heads, ls6 intake, mild cam, and other supporting mods as well as a tune of course. I'm not looking to be fastest but i'm trying to decide if it would be worth the mill work or to just save up for new heads. I am just looking for a ball park number but all input is appreciated. Thanks guys

Black
    2002 ws6 (6 speed)

Quote Originally Posted by egod View Post
    What HP do you think would be typical on a motor with headwork on stock heads, ls6 intake, mild cam, and other supporting mods as well as a tune of course. I'm not looking to be fastest but i'm trying to decide if it would be worth the mill work or to just save up for new heads. I am just looking for a ball park number but all input is appreciated. Thanks guys
    i need all the mods you got because you might be round my numbers...

i have kooks lt's and y, and a slp resonater, throttle body, stock ls6 intake and MAF, corvette open filter no lid no nothin. plugs, wires, elec. water pump, underdrives, mild cam, stock ported heads and a "daily driver" dyno tune..(said it would make 440rwhp with a all out tune) i make 420rwhp and 390rwtq as of now but as soon as i get my diff injectors and aftermarket fuel pump and a retune i hope for 45orwhp
    1999 mbm Z m6/ forged 346, lt's, wires, ls6 intake, sts rear turbo.

*SOLD*2002 black ws6- <Bolt ons, ls6 heads, mild cam, dyno tune, full susp. and 4.10s> --440rwhp/395rwtq

Millienum Yellow
    2003 Corvette Z06

Sounds as if your build is close to mine for my '02 TA WS6 M6. I started off bone stock numbers of 320 after I added a GM Hot cam and springs/ tune/ full exhaust/ Pullies/ lid and filter/ I achieved 396hp/385tq hope this helps..

Red
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

I was gonna say about 400 rwhp

Navy Blue Metallic
    1999 Trans Am

thanks guys for all the help. I haven't quite got all those mods but i would figure i would cut to the chase before everyone tells me i need those things, lol. I just need to figure out if it would be worth it or to save up for maybe an ls2 or a stroker kit. I figure those setups would work for me, maybe a little spray to push it to 500hp.

Black
    2002 ws6 (6 speed)

thanks guys for all the help. I haven't quite got all those mods but i would figure i would cut to the chase before everyone tells me i need those things, lol. I just need to figure out if it would be worth it or to save up for maybe an ls2 or a stroker kit. I figure those setups would work for me, maybe a little spray to push it to 500hp.
    well if you want 500hp at the motor youll be close to that after you get your heads done depending on that you have... with 100 shot you should easily see 500rwhp.

after i get my fuel system and i re tune im gonna do a 100 shot and that shoud put me at 540- 550 rwhp, if it will hold it

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Dont spend your money on a LS2. You will most likely pay too much for it. For a very few extra $ you could get 400ci+

Black
    2002 ws6 (6 speed)

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Po View Post
    Dont spend your money on a LS2. You will most likely pay too much for it. For a very few extra $ you could get 400ci+

Navy Blue Metallic
    1999 Trans Am

thanks, i just was a reading the most people will do build up's on the ls2 blocks cause of there 4.00 bore

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

thanks, i just was a reading the most people will do build up's on the ls2 blocks cause of there 4.00 bore
    Well sure, If your just buying the block. You could also go Iron block. LQ4 and LQ9 both are the same blocks, and are a 4.00 bore. Take your pick.

Navy Blue Metallic
    1999 Trans Am

it just doesn't seem like the HP i am after is worth the cost to build my own

Blue 1997 Trans Am(Sold)
    Pewter 2001 Trans Am Vert

iron block will take more power so its useful if going heavy FI or N20 however if you're staying NA the aluminum block is friendlier because of the weight gains and heat transfer gains... although it does cost more for those benefits so its up to you to decide if thats what you want...

Navy Blue Metallic
    1999 Trans Am

500 HP including spray is still fine on an aluminum block though right?

Thread Information