Silver
    2002 T/A WS6

Exhaust Leak? or Something Else?

Last as i was going to class, in the middle of the road was a black object. Well needless to say i had no room to manuevure around it and hope for the best. Yeah bad decision, it was something metal and heavy. My car is equipped with eibach springs so its low. It hit with a lot of force. Well when I got to class looked under and didnt see any damage. However I now notice a wierd like soft clicking coming from the front driver side, sounds like an exhaust leak but as i drive in between concrete barriers it sounds something different. I have a new stereo in the car too so Ive had it pretty loud the last week or so and have no idea if it was there before. Anybody hit something of the same matter and had same problem? Sorry for the long question.

Midnight Blue
    1999 T/A

If you hit something hard enough doto a dmg you should be able to jack up the car and look under it for where it hit. Ehaust leaks will show a carbon build up outside of them and shoulld be fairly easy to spot. as for something else making the sound. I can't think of something under there that would make a ticking after getting hit..... Mabye....mabye bent the crank shaft pully or some other pully... depends on the dmg to it.. if it hard enough to dmg those you should be able to see a gouge in it aas well... G/L with it and keep us posted.

Thread Information