Thread: Exhaust help

Exhaust help

OK so I have decided to buy a 99 Trans Am and the owner already put the Ram Air hood on it so I got a sick deal for $8000. The only thing is the exhaust is bone stock. I have watched youtube videos of different exhaust and I am sold on either Corsa, Borla, GMMG, MagnaFlow and SLP if I have to (MagnaFlow and SLP are kind my last choices) (SLP I hear they get really raspy once you start moding the car). I listened to the CORSA and I love the low drone sound bone stock and only exhaust. I listened then when it was on a moded trans am and its get to agressive. Like I am trying to get tht nice drone exhaust not to agressive but still mean.

Any suggestions on any of the exhausts I posted would be great,

Thanks Macho

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Asking for opinions on exhaust sound will result in 10 different members giving 10 different opinions. Choose whichever you like best.

Magnaflow seems to be the most popular. If you plan on keeping stock manifolds (not going with aftermarket headers), SLP Loud Mouth II is a solid choice for what you are looking for also.

Truthfully, you cannot get a good grasp of sound from listening to video clips on the internet. Too many factors play a role; quality of video camera, background noise, space which video was taken, distance from camera, etc. You really need to hear it first-hand. Try to find a local car club or cruise night event and listen to some different set-ups if you can.

Good luck, and welcome to the site.

candy tangerine
    1998 ws6 6spd

had flowmaster and now Magnaflow on my t/a Flowmaster sounded a little more raspy, the magnaflow sounded a little more of a tighter note

Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

Jon is right on. It's really a matter of preference. I personally run QTP long tubes, into a custom stainless y, into a Borla adjustable with no restrictors. I love the sound, and there really is no rasp or drone. I can post a clip if you like.

But, I've heard quite a few other cars that sound just as good, yet different. It's not an easy choice. Just do as much research as you can, and as Jon mentioned, try to listen to as many as you can in person.
    It's not how fast you can go. It's how fast you can get there.

Follow us at www.facebook.com/RGCustoms

white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

Like 35th said, ten different people with ten different answers. So, that makes me number three. I have Pacesetter Lt's with a SLP loudmouth. It doesn't get much louder or raspier. Just the way I like it. It puts a smile on my face everytime I fire it up! If you just want some rasp without doing the whole exhaust, SLP is the way to go. If you plan on doing the whole exhaust and don't want it that loud, then the SLP is not for you.

Thread Information