Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Ever been stopped by police for

This is a discussion on Ever been stopped by police for within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; i just bought my 02 WS6 in Killeen TX, was heading to Dallas when i was pulled over for 95 ...

Black
    2002 T/A WS6

i just bought my 02 WS6 in Killeen TX, was heading to Dallas when i was pulled over for 95 in construction zone (55 MPH limit) only had the paper plates. He didnt say anything about the bird cover on the front and gave me a ticket for 65 in a 55 (non-construction). I thought i was going to jail but guess i got either a cool cop or a lazy one who didnt want to deal with me at 2am.

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

Quote Originally Posted by Black02TA View Post
    i just bought my 02 WS6 in Killeen TX, was heading to Dallas when i was pulled over for 95 in construction zone (55 MPH limit) only had the paper plates. He didnt say anything about the bird cover on the front and gave me a ticket for 65 in a 55 (non-construction). I thought i was going to jail but guess i got either a cool cop or a lazy one who didnt want to deal with me at 2am.
    I'd say you got a cool cop, and sounds like you didn't give him any shit. Respect for the police when you get pulled over goes a long way I've found out thru the years.

Driving as fast as I can dafaic's Avatar

Silver
    97 TA M6

Well unless there were workers at the job site it doesn't count. They post signs as you enter that state traffic fines double when workers are present just like a school zone. But giving you the 65 was way cool. Couple of us Waxahachie fbody guys are going to the track on the 10th you should come. www.texasmotorplex.com
    Click for full size
    lt4 hot cam, l.e. heads, gold 1.6rr, hooker lts, 3"ypipe, hookercatback, no cats, subframes, b&m ripper, k&n cai, msd6a-coil-opti, udp, tr55 g's, ta girdle, 4.10's, boxed control arms, Madz28 tune, specstg3, alum. elbow. No traction

Black
    2002 T/A WS6

I wish I could but in the military was home on leave now i am back in hawaii so no chance that could make that. i drove the car every day i was home now i miss it. have a 95 z28 here but, hawaii destroyed the track then raised the fines for speeding... really sucks i would much rather be back in Texas.

Ouch,,,,Hawaii doesn't sound too car friendly. Sorry to hear that. Larry.

Silver
    97 TA M6

MAN thats sucks about the track there well good luck and hope you make it home to the TA soon....Next time your in Dallas or a fews days before give a holler maybe we can meet up and get some othgers peeps to. Prolly have to do it at Hooters or something so a decent amount of guys will show...LOL If not i understand you got more to worry about than a gtg when your on leave...take care. Sorry for the hijack

Dark Gray 02 Tahoe
    A few too many Lsx's!

Quote Originally Posted by blunce View Post
    No front license plate? I have, and I tried the ol' "there's no place to put one" excuse, and of course the officer went on to tell me about taking off that 'Bird cover and puttin on a plate!! I dont think so ! I don't drive it much (2000mi in 2.5 yrs), I think I'll take my chances. Just wonderin' how many of you run with plates and how many runnin the way they're supposed to be!
    I have never been stopped for that. Nor while being stopped (for speeding) did the officer bring up the fact that I did not have a front license plate.
    I have never had a front plate. Not on my SS and not on my Goat.

I think it's a retarded law and we're like the only state that requires it. I lived in Memphis, TN. for about 3 years. A front license plate is not a law there or for your car to be inspected. People were driving around with no bumpers, no hoods....lol. Crzy shit

Silver
    97 TA M6

Well Shelby I don't think Dallas cops really worry about it. They might use it if they think your drunk. But in the smaller towns like (Waxahachie, Bardwell, Edgewood the three places I have either been pulled over or know someone has) they do whatever they want. They have to support their Christmas party some how.

blue
    1998 trans am

Southern style police officer...

When I bought my T/A I lived in CA, I drove it for a year and a half with only the back plate installed, since thats the way it was when I bought it. I figured I would play dumb if I ever got pulled over. I had motorcycle policemen pull next to me twice and motion for me to slow down on the freeway, but I never got stopped. The only time I was stopped in CA was for 78-79 in a 65, the police officer asked me to slow down and watch for deer, no ticket...

I live in GA now, so no worries since only one plate is required...

I was towing my racecar to Atlanta dragway early one morning with my truck. I was taking a new route through backroads, and small towns. I came to a small town and missed the 30 MPH sign. I rounded a corner and a police car was waiting for me with his radar gun. I was doing about 42 MPH so he pulled me over. The small town police officer said I was driving a little fast for a 30 MPH zone, then he complemented me on my Firebird and started telling me about his Camaro. Being a diehard Pontiac guy, it was tough to listen to his small block chevy talk, but he was young and probably never had the chance to drive a real Pontaic powered Firebird, so I was polite and talked shop with him for a few minutes. Eventually he asked me to slow down and let me go on my way, no ticket...

Some of those police officers are way cool, and I respect what they do.
    I would not want to do thier job, no way...

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

Quote Originally Posted by Honboy1 View Post
    I would only stop a guy with no front plate for probable cause only if I suspected something more! I would never write somebody for no front plate only.. That is bullshit! Especially a sports car, he he he!!!!! I'm a cop.. And even I wouldn't put a front plate on in place of my precious bird cover. We as cops have to draw the line somewhere!

need more like you

Black
    99' Firehawk M6

My first time getting pulled over happened yesterday.. I was just leaving RPM, and I see a cop circling around the parking lot, and im like ehh w/e. So i turn on my car and start heading home, but the cop starts following me. I went to the right lane, he followed me.. I went to the highway, he followed me, tailgating me the whole way, and whenever I moved, he moved with me. I was doing everything right, speed limit was 65 and I was going 63,64 the whole time, but I knew that I would see the lights pretty soon. About 10 seconds later, i see the lights and pull over. The cop comes to my car and first, he circles around the car and tells me that it's one of the nicest cars he's ever pulled over. After that, he asks me how old I am, and I say i just turned 17, and he goes off on this lecture about how the car is too powerful and has too much HP, and im like w/e. He asked me about the windows and everything and also about my exhaust and what i had in the car and all that. I acted really nice to him and said Sir like after every sentence. He told me I was a really good guy and all that, but still gave me a fix it for my tinted windows, no front plate, no lamp on back late, and also a Provisional License ticket (because I had 2 other passengers) And I tried to get the provisional license ticket off, but I guess I wasn't good enough

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Sikhawk View Post
    My first time getting pulled over happened yesterday.. I was just leaving RPM, and I see a cop circling around the parking lot, and im like ehh w/e. So i turn on my car and start heading home, but the cop starts following me. I went to the right lane, he followed me.. I went to the highway, he followed me, tailgating me the whole way, and whenever I moved, he moved with me. I was doing everything right, speed limit was 65 and I was going 63,64 the whole time, but I knew that I would see the lights pretty soon. About 10 seconds later, i see the lights and pull over. The cop comes to my car and first, he circles around the car and tells me that it's one of the nicest cars he's ever pulled over. After that, he asks me how old I am, and I say i just turned 17, and he goes off on this lecture about how the car is too powerful and has too much HP, and im like w/e. He asked me about the windows and everything and also about my exhaust and what i had in the car and all that. I acted really nice to him and said Sir like after every sentence. He told me I was a really good guy and all that, but still gave me a fix it for my tinted windows, no front plate, no lamp on back late, and also a Provisional License ticket (because I had 2 other passengers) And I tried to get the provisional license ticket off, but I guess I wasn't good enough
    Sounds like he needed something better to do. Thats a lot of tickets for stupid crap.

Not to mention I HATE it when they tailgate and follow you around trying make you nervous. Its breaking the law to follow that closely, but apparently they are above the law

Black
    2000 Trans Am WS-6

Quote Originally Posted by Honboy1 View Post
    I would only stop a guy with no front plate for probable cause only if I suspected something more! I would never write somebody for no front plate only.. That is bullshit! Especially a sports car, he he he!!!!! I'm a cop.. And even I wouldn't put a front plate on in place of my precious bird cover. We as cops have to draw the line somewhere!

if only cops were like that in jersey

Black
    99' Firehawk M6

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    Sounds like he needed something better to do. Thats a lot of tickets for stupid crap.

Not to mention I HATE it when they tailgate and follow you around trying make you nervous. Its breaking the law to follow that closely, but apparently they are above the law
    True that, I guess the cop was just looking for someone to flood with tickets , happened to be the person with the fast car on his second month of having a license

Silver
    97 TA M6

Sounds like he picked on you for your age and that you got a nicer car than he does. I would fight that. Also take your passengers up there as witnesses and tell the judge he gave you a lecture on why you sholdn't have that car and pulled you over while you weren't doing anything wrong outside of those couple things and explain you just got the car and it came that way and you felt like you were being harrased because of your age and the type of car. Its none of his business why you have a powerful car. Sorry that just pisses me off. I know I need to

Sounds like typical Sacramento police to me. My family still lives out there. I visit and drive around out there 2-3 times a year, I have found they are pricks and I don't drive out there that much,,I couldn't imagine everyday.
    I read in the paper out there how they were cracking down on anycar that didn't look stock,,,big exhaust pipes sticking out,,,,speed stickers in the windows that would indicate something done to the car etc etc....and they were pulling over any car that looked modified whether they were doing anything or not, looking under the hoods, and if anything was found to be modified, even as simple as a cold air intake the cars were being impounded. I have that article somewhere. It actually makes me chuckle when I read it,,,to think that cops can get away with this kind of behavior. This was a couple years ago,,,not sure if they still impliment this or not,,,I know there were several groups that rasied a big stink out there over it.
    It was all in an effort to put a dent in street racing, guess it was a problem out there,,,but this created a problem of picking on innocent people that drive nice cars,,,and it still sounds like the cops are doing that,,,,and you just became one of the many victims,,,sorry to hear it. Larry.

If it makes you feel any better, I get the same treatment here in Ohio. I drive old muscle cars that stick out like sore thumbs, and they follow me around looking for something to pull me over for. I can actually watch them in my rear view while they are talking on their little shoulder mic,,,running my plates while they follow me,,,,cracks me up. I always look over at my wife and start counting 5-4-3-2-1 and then the lights come on,,,,lol. It's such a regular occurance for me in the summer time that it's more of a bother to me anymore. It rarely ever results in a ticket, they are just poking around looking for something, you just have to brush it off and go about your day.
    At least it's warmer out there in Sac today,,,it's 3 degrees here,,lol. Larry.

Black
    2000 Trans Am WS-6

True that, I guess the cop was just looking for someone to flood with tickets , happened to be the person with the fast car on his second month of having a license
    dont feel bad, i got 3 tickets at once...it suckeddddd...im 17 too. unsafe lane change cause my blinker blinked once, speeding, and obstruction of view...what can i say i saw a camaro

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information