Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ego Boost

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

Ego Boost

Coming out of the local Chinese Resturant when I look over to my car and have 6 Mobile Motorcycle Police Officers standing around my Trans Am. Oh great now what? I get over to my car and they were talking about it. She just a plain ol' 98' Trans Am, nothing exceptional about her yet. Anyways, they asked me questions like they never seen one before. What kind engine, etc.... They like the stocked look, said how it is a shame that they are not made anymore. Couple even asked if I had gone to the track with it yet (Not Yet) They told stories of how our cars always bust their balls because when someone run in them they had a bitch of a time keeping up. All in all they were cool about it, One asked if he could go for a spin. I said only if I get to drive your Cop car the same way....

red with black stripes
    2002 Trans Am WS6

haha thats great. its awsome that the cops are cool like that. it would be fun to take a cop car out and see what they got. i know it aint much but it would still be fun.

Black
    1999 Trans-Am

Thats pretty cool, i dont really see that many cool cop like that. Honestly i would of taken him for a hell of a spin. A cop from my town told me to spin'em after i pulled up and talk to him for a bit. I smoked them all the way down his street lol

Dark Blue Metalic
    2000 WS6

my dad is retired state trooper, gave him a ride in my car then asked him how the trooper cars would do against and he said that if they new how bad ass these cars were they would hope to get the plates then catch us @ home because there was no way they could catch it
    Kooks LT headers w/ Y pipe & SLP loud mouth
    Diablo programer
    SLP 90mm throttle body
    SLP mas air flow
    Eiback springs - SLPsub frame connectors
    SLP strut tower bracket
    BMR anti squat brackets
    BMR panhard rod
    3:73 gears
    ZR 1 rims-315back/275front

Navy Blue Metallic

I was down in Gulf Shores earlier tonight with the family. Ricers crusing the stip, some trying to start shit wanting to race. Was at an ice cream joint, local cops pull in, we got to talking. Both said they wish their dept would have kept the 4th Gen Camaros they used to have. Stated they are not fans of the Impalas and the Crown Vics they have. They told me the County Charger versions need some serious mods to keep up with our cars and the vetts. They luv busting the ricers!! Told them, if they deputize me I would come back and help them get some ricers off the road. "I just want to do my civic duty officer!"

Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    I was down in Gulf Shores earlier tonight with the family. Ricers crusing the stip, some trying to start shit wanting to race. Was at an ice cream joint, local cops pull in, we got to talking. Both said they wish their dept would have kept the 4th Gen Camaros they used to have. Stated they are not fans of the Impalas and the Crown Vics they have. They told me the County Charger versions need some serious mods to keep up with our cars and the vetts. They luv busting the ricers!! Told them, if they deputize me I would come back and help them get some ricers off the road. "I just want to do my civic duty officer!"
    baha. Civic duty. Cleverrr

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Had the same thing happen to me but they were standing around my bike. They let me get on there bikes and mess with the lights and rev it but he wouldnt let me take it for a ride. Then he said thats a nice crotch rocket but i bet it cant do this and then he put the bike in 5th gear and slowly rolled away from a dead stop. Those harleys have nice trq.

Navy Blue Metallic

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    Had the same thing happen to me but they were standing around my bike. They let me get on there bikes and mess with the lights and rev it but he wouldnt let me take it for a ride. Then he said thats a nice crotch rocket but i bet it cant do this and then he put the bike in 5th gear and slowly rolled away from a dead stop. Those harleys have nice trq.
    I would have been temped to say back at him " Bet yours can't do 180mph either?"

Police bikes are nice, but no way in hell would I want to do a pursuit on one.

At lease with a car you havea cushion factor if things go sideways.

Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

Quote Originally Posted by stephen02ws6 View Post
    haha thats great. its awsome that the cops are cool like that. it would be fun to take a cop car out and see what they got. i know it aint much but it would still be fun.
    Eh, the newer crown vics will do 135 (takes em a while to get there) But they are the safest, sturdiest car out there since chevy quit making the caprice. I would like it if my Department went to the R/T Chargers. It would be a little bit of an improvement HP wise

'99 -- Z/28 -- Pewter

Quote Originally Posted by wooddaniel View Post
    Eh, the newer crown vics will do 135 (takes em a while to get there) But they are the safest, sturdiest car out there since chevy quit making the caprice. I would like it if my Department went to the R/T Chargers. It would be a little bit of an improvement HP wise
    The R/T Chargers (at least police version) aren't as impressive as everyone thinks. I actually had the chance to play around with one once.

Was in my brothers 350Z (best 1/4 time for it was 14.2x @ 102) and pulled off on him. Was out in the middle of nowhere on a 4lane rd. Deputy initiated the race. At 140mph he hit his lights, I went ahead and pulled over.

Was a young cop, bout my age. Apparently he'd just gotten the Charger and was just curious of what he would and wouldn't be able to keep up with. We chatted about the cars, then went our seperate ways. Definately no match for LS1's though.

Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

Quote Originally Posted by LS1Jason View Post
    The R/T Chargers (at least police version) aren't as impressive as everyone thinks. I actually had the chance to play around with one once.

Was in my brothers 350Z (best 1/4 time for it was 14.2x @ 102) and pulled off on him. Was out in the middle of nowhere on a 4lane rd. Deputy initiated the race. At 140mph he hit his lights, I went ahead and pulled over.

Was a young cop, bout my age. Apparently he'd just gotten the Charger and was just curious of what he would and wouldn't be able to keep up with. We chatted about the cars, then went our seperate ways. Definately no match for LS1's though.
    I have driven them before too. I know it is not that great, but compared to the 16 sec 1/4 mile 250HP crown vic it would be an improvement. The police package adds about 400 pounds to the car it is installed on... My old 06 RT without the added weight only ran a 14.1@100. They have like 2.90 gears from the factory which seriously hampers them.

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    I would have been temped to say back at him " Bet yours can't do 180mph either?"

Police bikes are nice, but no way in hell would I want to do a pursuit on one.

At lease with a car you havea cushion factor if things go sideways.
    They dont pursue around here, they are mainly used for harley fest, car shows, sports games and in slow suburbs because they can turn at low speeds very easily compared to sportbikes. but yeah i would tkae my bike over there anyday, except to resell theres sinse its a 20,000 bike.

Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    They dont pursue around here, they are mainly used for harley fest, car shows, sports games and in slow suburbs because they can turn at low speeds very easily compared to sportbikes. but yeah i would tkae my bike over there anyday, except to resell theres sinse its a 20,000 bike.
    even pursuing in a car is dangerous as hell because you have no idea what that person's frame of mind is... truly scary. I would never want to do it on a bike. That would be insane.

Black
    2002 SS

Came out of a Steakhouse in Crestview, FL and the Chief of Detectives was standing there drooling over the Black 2007 Vette. He said he was a big fan of black and showed me his police ride. It was a blacked out Excursion with a big brush bumper on the front. We talked for a while and the Chief of Police walked up and they started talking about needing a new pursuit vehicle. I told them about the Black 02 SS Camaro and they asked if it was as fast as the Vette. Well with the mods and the purple bottle in the back I would say yes. I was on the phone when I first saw the Detective and I told my buddy there's a guy with a gun looking at my car. He said let him have it if he wants it that bad then I saw the gold badge on his belt. It was a petty cool conversation and the guy punched the Excursion when he left. I didn't want to try my luck so I let him go.

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

cool stories! Guess i'll post one. First time I ever got a warning from a cop. He pulled me over doing 80 in a 70. He commented on how he used to have an LT1 t/a and loved it. Told me he really liked the ws666 badge on my bumper too-asked if i had any mods and told me "just keep it safe ok? we allready gave you 70 (up from 65) but you can't do 80!" Then he let me go. I was really shocked. I never get lucky like that.

Black
    02 T/A WS6

i was going 80 in a 45, got out of is only going 65 21 over is a felony in IL...hehe I think he lked my car

Pewter
    2000 Trans Am WS6

I had one our local cops pull out next to me and rev up his crown vic and asked me if i wanna run em. I said ok. He said if you win you get a ticket and smiled. I thought it was pretty funny.

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

I had a USR cop pull beside me on the highway. I thought I was in trouble. He game me the . Pretty cool even though I had a chill going down my spine.

autoconnectionllc.com 02transamce's Avatar

2007 Corvette
    Ebony

i worked at a ford dealership for years,i helped deliver some crown victoria police interceptors once,they we a lot quicker than a regular crown vic,but nothing to write home about.there is a guy in greenville,al with a 05 procharged zo6,he got pulled over by a state trooper in a charger,long story short,the trooper said he thought zo6 was gonna run,but he would have caught him in that charger,guy in the zo6 said "no way in hell you would have caught me without using the radio"

'99 -- Z/28 -- Pewter

Quote Originally Posted by 02transamce View Post
    i worked at a ford dealership for years,i helped deliver some crown victoria police interceptors once,they we a lot quicker than a regular crown vic,but nothing to write home about.there is a guy in greenville,al with a 05 procharged zo6,he got pulled over by a state trooper in a charger,long story short,the trooper said he thought zo6 was gonna run,but he would have caught him in that charger,guy in the zo6 said "no way in hell you would have caught me without using the radio"
    these are the types of cops that annoy me. That think they can catch anyone. Out in the country, even that radio doesn't matter a whole lot though.

Thread Information