Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 31 of 31

Edelbrock Pro flow xt manifold? and gm perfomance ls stage 3

This is a discussion on Edelbrock Pro flow xt manifold? and gm perfomance ls stage 3 within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by bills98ta Even the FAST 102 is only rated to 6500 rpm... This one is 7500 !!! This ...

  1. #21
    Rockin the Ruckus! 02Sweet's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Line Lexington, PA
    Posts
    2,670

    NBM
    2002 z28 camaro

    Quote Originally Posted by bills98ta View Post
    Even the FAST 102 is only rated to 6500 rpm... This one is 7500 !!! This is a serious Bummer... Guess I could mount a manual handle in the car for an occasional wipe !!! LOL
    That's why I have it in the car! Even though my stock motor can't spin that high without breaking I know I can when its a better one

  2. #22
    Senior Member bills98ta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    St Thomas, PA
    Posts
    5,047

    White
    1998 Trans Am

    Mine is built for it. My cam is rated at 3500 to 7400 rpm...

  3. #23
    Senior Member bills98ta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    St Thomas, PA
    Posts
    5,047

    White
    1998 Trans Am

    I'm running the 90mm LS2 intake now, but I think I cracked the welds inside from a N2O pop... I was shifting at 7k, but now it breaks up at 6700...

  4. #24
    Rockin the Ruckus! 02Sweet's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Line Lexington, PA
    Posts
    2,670

    NBM
    2002 z28 camaro

    Quote Originally Posted by bills98ta View Post
    I'm running the 90mm LS2 intake now, but I think I cracked the welds inside from a N2O pop... I was shifting at 7k, but now it breaks up at 6700...
    You should really think about running this intake then.

    I wish someone would fund dyno runs with my car and other intakes so people can see what is better.

  5. #25
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    phoenix
    Posts
    38

    silver
    2002 Trans AM

    Thanks, you've definitely influenced me to go this route when I install my cam in Nov. Given that it's not my DD and I live in a desert I don't think having any wipers should pose a problem. Btw what kind of hp can you expect to pick up with that intake?

  6. #26
    Super Moderator
    pajeff02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Mansfield, PA
    Posts
    21,567

    Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

    For you radical non-wiper guys, just treat the windshield with Rain-X and you will be fine.

  7. #27
    Rockin the Ruckus! 02Sweet's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Line Lexington, PA
    Posts
    2,670

    NBM
    2002 z28 camaro

    Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    For you radical non-wiper guys, just treat the windshield with Rain-X and you will be fine.

    Yes rain X FTW!

    Quote Originally Posted by azkass View Post
    Thanks, you've definitely influenced me to go this route when I install my cam in Nov. Given that it's not my DD and I live in a desert I don't think having any wipers should pose a problem. Btw what kind of hp can you expect to pick up with that intake?
    I honestly don't know if it gains over another intake. But when I finally get a motor that can spin the intake will take it.


    oh and also the intake is great for boost.....

  8. #28
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    6

    Black
    1999 Pontiac Trans am

    it not gonna fit under a ws6 hood is it?

  9. #29
    Senior Member bills98ta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    St Thomas, PA
    Posts
    5,047

    White
    1998 Trans Am

    Probably not... I might go with the Victor JR...

  10. #30
    Impounded
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    SAN FRAN SISCO BABY
    Age
    30
    Posts
    836

    VW BEETLE W/ FLOWER
    88 CRX

    that intake sure gives it the classic muscle look.
    and i would also love to see the gains over other aftermarket intakes.
    i still run the LS6 havent found one i liked or heard good enough about to get yet...FAST intakes are not for me...to many of my friends here have had them and went back to stock intakes. and my car hasnt seen rain since its wreck in 07 so i dont really mind the no wiper....shavin weight off right?

  11. #31
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    phoenix
    Posts
    38

    silver
    2002 Trans AM

    Quote Originally Posted by TmaxicanA View Post
    that intake sure gives it the classic muscle look.
    and i would also love to see the gains over other aftermarket intakes.
    i still run the LS6 havent found one i liked or heard good enough about to get yet...FAST intakes are not for me...to many of my friends here have had them and went back to stock intakes. and my car hasnt seen rain since its wreck in 07 so i dont really mind the no wiper....shavin weight off right?
    Why did they not like the Fast intake? I'm debating on changing mine when I do my cam swap with a Fast but for the money and having to get a new throttle body it seems like an expensive upgrade for not a lot of gain.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Edelbrock's new intake manifold
    By Hwystar in forum External Engine
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-09-2008, 04:30 AM
  2. Perfomance Chips for the 2004 GTO
    By Pimp'n the 2004 in forum GTO
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-23-2007, 03:27 PM
  3. Patriot perfomance?
    By Badass99SS in forum Internal Engine
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 06-12-2007, 03:10 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •