White
    2000 Trans Am

Easiest LT's to install?

Are there any LT headers that can be installed WITHOUT removing the engine mounts?

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

Texas Speed & Pacesetters (they seem to be the same) go in pretty easy. I never had to remove a motor mount to get them in. Just need to have the car on stands high enough to angle them in from the bottom. Lift makes it easier to do. I installed mine in the home garage when I first got them.

Black/ Silver
    98 TA WS6/ 01 C5 Corvette

Kooks and OBX headers as well.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk
    1998 Trans Am WS6 - Phantom
    421 CI LQ9, Tick Performance Custom Cam, TFS 255cc LS3 heads, Kooks 2" LT headers, Kooks 3" True Duals w/ high flow cats, FTP 104 lid, Speed Density Tune, 4" silicon tube, LS6 VCT, FAST 102 Intake, NW 102 TB, Oil Catch Can, SLP Bilstein Shocks w/ Vogtland Springs, CTS-V 4-piston Calipers w/C6 Z06 rotors, Stainless Steel Brake Lines, R1 concepts premium rotors, Hawk HP+ brake pads, VFN WSQ Hood, C5-R timing chain, SLP oil pump, E85 tune, Walbro 450 fuel pump, Deatschwerkz 95# injectors, Breathless performance headlights, Frost Tune, !HVAC.
    (Coming Soon) BMR DSL, UMI TQ Arm
    421 LQ9 14.8:1 on E85 Build/

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS M6

Okay I admit it ..I had my KooKs Lt`s installed I'm more of a driver type but yes I do "some" things on my car myself Suspension other light mods etc. When I first wanted LT`s 2006 I think it was.....I heard that they were a bitch to install. I chose to find a shop that wanted to do them ...Most shops like Muffler shops took one look at the shoe horned LS/engine bay and declined....A guy that mods Corvettes was the only guy who had done a few Camaros who I trusted to do them...Later on a few years later I met more and more guys who did them at home with friends etc.. It was worth the money paid with out the aggravation that can come with some jobs ...All I know is I revved that baby at every light all the way home.......I love LT`s........but the smog Nazi`s here don't...Thats a problem every other smog year.

2000 WS6 m6

Easiest install would be bbk. Was able to put them in on on the lowest setting of jack strands. I just upgraded to the 1 7/8 speed engineering. Taking the one motor mount bolt really isn't that bad. Don't be afraid of that.

Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

As long as you can get the car high enough you get any of them installed. I put in texas speed ones in my garage.
    Mods - Lid, Skip Shift Eliminator, MGW shifter, UMI SFCs, Founders Lower Control Arms, Founders Panhard Bar, Founders Adj. Torque Arm, UMI Torque arm mount, MWC Drive shaft safety loop, KONI Yellows, Strano Springs, Strano Sway bars, UMI Upper and lower A Arms, 160 thermostat, TSP headers and TSP true duals Monster stage 2 clutch, racetronix fuel pump, Strange S60 rear axle and tune by Frost.

Silver Metallic
    2000 Trans Am WS6

But removing the mount is the perfect time to update them. Mine will be getting spark plugs, wires, poly mounts, new O2 wires, as much updating as possible for its 17yr/98k old self.
    2000 Trans Am WS.6 M6

SLP lid & bellow w/ K&N, GMMG catback w/ Corsa Clones, UMI SFC, UMI Adj. Panhard, UMI Adj. TQ arm w/ relocation kit, QTP Longtube headers ORY, LS6 intake, EGR/A.I.R delete.
    Eibach prokit, Bilstein HDs, Nitto NT555s, skip shift elim, whiteface overlays, 20% tint, matte black decal/overlays
    YouTube.com/DarrenWS6

White
    2000 Trans Am

I've had my eye on the Texas Speed headers... Price point is where I want to be.

Next question is... which header setup has the best/most ground clearance? my car has Eibach Pro-Kit springs installed. (previous owner)
    '00 Trans Am ---new to me 3/11/17
    '16 F-150 ECOBOOST rcsb
    -ROUSH intake, MBRP exhaust, FOOSE 22's

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

Tx Speed is very close to Pacesetters. I have 1.5" drop springs from Hotchkis and my Pacesetters tuck real close to the floor but because I weld the ORY together and made adjustments it doesn't slap the floor either. Every once in a while I'll have a high speed bump that they rub on but I try to avoid them as much as posible
    http://www.ls1.com/forums/f7/my-6-liter-build-174257/

http://www.ls1.com/forums/f8/my-8-8-rear-build-165553/

6.0L Block - Forged 403ci , Polluter Stg3 Cam, FAST 102mm Intake, NW102 TB, MSD wires, NGK TR6 plugs, Truck Coil Packs, LS3 Fuel Injectors, CC Pacesetter LT Headers, TS&P ORY, QTP e-Cutout, Magnaflow Muffler, 104mm Air Lid & Line Lock, Catch Can, Stage 2 T56 w/Viper shaft, PRO 5.0 Shifter, Tick MC, SPEC Stg3+ Clutch, QT SFI BH, MWC DSL, Full UMI Performance Suspension, Belstein Shocks, Hotchkis Springs (1" Drop), YR1 Snowflake Wheels wrapped in NT555 tires & Custom Fab Ford 8.8 rear w/Wavetrac Diff 3.73 Yukon Gears, WSQ Hood, 3"CM Strange Eng Drive Shaft.

00 FB Vert - Stock

78 FB - Just getting started......

Horsepower never lies, but is often lied about!

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Other than a minor touch with my die grinder to an underbody flange on the driver side, my Kooks LT's slid right in.

Dark Blue Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by Stolen 98 View Post
    Are there any LT headers that can be installed WITHOUT removing the engine mounts?
    Hey Rob. Welcome to LS1. Definitely not Texas Speed 2" dia. long tubes! HA! I had to lift the engine my 02!

Thread Information