Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Does anyone have one of these intakes

This is a discussion on Does anyone have one of these intakes within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by nytmare I found a Volant intake on eBay a few months ago. It was missing the two ...

Ride Fast or Be Last ViperSniper's Avatar

2005 Mustang/2008 Viper
    98 & 01 Trans-Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by nytmare
    I found a Volant intake on eBay a few months ago. It was missing the two main filters and the breather filter, but that was fine with me (old filters are usually beat to hell and I wanted red ones anyway). Paid about $100 for it and purchased new 7" filters and a crankcase breather filter from K&N (another $100).

It looks sweet! I don't believe it's a performance improvement over a lid and filter, but it's better than stock. Oh... and did I mention it looks sweet! Particularly in my red WS6 engine bay!!

BTW, the thin rubber seal around the box was designed to seal against a non-ramair hood. The thin rubber seal probably won't seal (or at least won't seal well) with a WS6 hood. I did the chewing gum test on mine and I had a couple of spots that had gaps. I ran down to Lowe's and picked up some brass pipe foam insulation for about $3 (it's gray and looks like those foam tubes kids beat the crap outta each other with). Measure off however much you need and since the foam is slit, it forms over the stock rubber seal great (looks like it came with the kit). It even has adhesive strips to hold it in place. My hood definitely seals to the box now.

Very happy with the mod!

Marc
    Hey Marc,
    Do you have any pictures, my WS6 is red also and would love to see the look.
    thanks
    VS

LS1 Noob

Red
    2000 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by ViperSniper
    Hey Marc,
    Do you have any pictures, my WS6 is red also and would love to see the look.
    thanks
    VS
    Let me snap a few pics and I'll get them to you. I haven't got off my lazy ass and started my webpage, so I don't have any way of hosting them. I'll e-mail them to you. Is your e-mail address current? Actually, if someone has a way of hosting them and wouldn't mind...???

Marc

Maple Red Metallic
    2000 Poctiac Trans Am-A4

Go to www.photobucket.com and sign up to create an album.......upload the pics from your computer to the album..........Check the lil box of the ones you want to post then scroll down to the bottom and click on "Generate HTML and IMG code" ..Lastly copy the type of pic you want to post (for message boards) paste link in post........pm me if it doesn't work.

2005 Mustang/2008 Viper
    98 & 01 Trans-Am WS6

Well, I went for it and might of got taken from zo6, he had a Volant for sale and I sent the money through paypal $175.00 + $10.00 shipping here is the ad http://ls1.com/forums/showthread.php...ghlight=volant
    Paid last friday and he still will not return e-mails or PM's, no word on shipping or anything, I might have to do a chargeback after today, Does anyone know this guy??

VS

LS1 Noob

Red
    2000 WS6

Well, I went for it and might of got taken from zo6, he had a Volant for sale and I sent the money through paypal $175.00 + $10.00 shipping here is the ad http://ls1.com/forums/showthread.php...ghlight=volant
    Paid last friday and he still will not return e-mails or PM's, no word on shipping or anything, I might have to do a chargeback after today, Does anyone know this guy??

VS
    No... don't know him. I'd give a couple days and see what happens. I eBay a lot and sometimes people just aren't great at communicating, but still get the stuff to you. Keep track of all correspondence and after you've reached your point of reason, contact PayPal and see what they do. They've treated me pretty good in the past.

Also, I noticed he (zo6) only had one post (meaning his FS ad). Ya gotta be careful with people who come on a car forum and try to sell something as soon as they get there. That makes them highly suspect at best. That's why so many days went by with no one wanting anything from him.

Best of luck,
    Marc

Maple Red Metallic
    2000 Poctiac Trans Am-A4

Also get some moderators and admins involved...........hope everything works out and let us know if we can assist you.

2005 Mustang/2008 Viper
    98 & 01 Trans-Am WS6

I am going to give it a little more time, I did some research and found out his name and address he is in Watertown NY, I do have his address now,
    Hope he sends it soon.
    thanks guys

VS

Maple Red Metallic
    2000 Poctiac Trans Am-A4

I am going to give it a little more time, I did some research and found out his name and address he is in Watertown NY, I do have his address now,
    Hope he sends it soon.
    thanks guys

VS
    Watertown......thats way up by canada I believe. Right off of I-81.

2005 Mustang/2008 Viper
    98 & 01 Trans-Am WS6

I sent another e-mail to zo6, My son told me he has to go to Canada for business this week and he said if he is close to Canada he might stop by, maybe he can pick the intake up.

VS

Maple Red Metallic
    2000 Poctiac Trans Am-A4

Is he at least responding now?

2005 Mustang/2008 Viper
    98 & 01 Trans-Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Transcoupled
    Is he at least responding now?
    Nice change in your Avatar looks good, no responses at all, no returned e-mails, no pm's, the only thing I noticed is he added SOLD to his for sale ad on the intake, All I could think was that with the holidays maybe they had a trip, plus slow shipping from the holidays. I sent a e-mail to him telling him my son will pick it up while he is in the area, maybe he should stop in anyway?

VS

Maple Red Metallic
    2000 Poctiac Trans Am-A4

Nice change in your Avatar looks good, no responses at all, no returned e-mails, no pm's, the only thing I noticed is he added SOLD to his for sale ad on the intake, All I could think was that with the holidays maybe they had a trip, plus slow shipping from the holidays. I sent a e-mail to him telling him my son will pick it up while he is in the area, maybe he should stop in anyway?

VS
    It would be quite the surprise. I really hope he's legit and not tryin to rip you off, but I hope he also knows that he WILL get caught. You might even be able to get paypal involved, report him. Good luck man.

Thanks by the way (avatar), I didn't mean to rub it in.
    Last edited by Transcoupled; 01-04-2006 at 08:10 AM.
    2000 Trans Am "The Sammy"
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2092419
    1975 Oldsmobile F85 "The F" or "The Deer"
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2092154
    1973 Buick Apollo "Eve"

2005 Mustang/2008 Viper
    98 & 01 Trans-Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Transcoupled
    It would be quite the surprise. I really hope he's legit and not tryin to rip you off, but I hope he also knows that he WILL get caught. You might even be able to get paypal involved, report him. Good luck man.

Thanks by the way (avatar), I didn't mean to rub it in.

He leaves for Canada tomorrow.

VS

Maple Red Metallic
    2000 Poctiac Trans Am-A4

He leaves for Canada tomorrow.

VS
    Sweet!

2005 Mustang/2008 Viper
    98 & 01 Trans-Am WS6

Guess what showed up today??????????

Maple Red Metallic
    2000 Poctiac Trans Am-A4

Guess what showed up today??????????
    GREAT!!! Good news ! You'd better call off the hit before its too late......

Dreaming of an LS1 senior gomez's Avatar

Teal
    91 teg (stock,notmodding)

hahaha! ^

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information