Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Does anyone else

This is a discussion on Does anyone else within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; my first love was a 01 red SS R.I.P,a 99 hugger orange Z28,now a 02 T/A.after 4 years and 3 ...

Blue
    04 Silverado

my first love was a 01 red SS R.I.P,a 99 hugger orange Z28,now a 02 T/A.after 4 years and 3 ls1s i still at night just sit in my garage smoke a cigarette and gaze at her.until i can afford a C5 Z06,f-body is all i will have.check out my "I'm an idiot" thread and will explain how excited i get just to drive down the street.

RED
    02 SS, 03 BMW 745

I still get that feeling, I love just hearing her rumble down the street.

Onyx Black
    2001 WS6

As stated earlier, I do love the way my car sounds. But I don't know what I like better: the rumble when I'm cruisin in the lower gears or the when I'm going WOT with boost getting a mixture of rumble and turbo spool.

2001 WS6: SDPC LS7 Shortblock, L92 heads upgraded for .600 lift,
    L76 intake, Nick Williams TB, Comp Cams 224/228 .581/.588 114+2 LSA
    Waiting for boost
    2003 Silverado 1500HD

Red
    1995 Pontiac Formula

Quote Originally Posted by SlowBird01 View Post
    As stated earlier, I do love the way my car sounds. But I don't know what I like better: the rumble when I'm cruisin in the lower gears or the when I'm going WOT with boost getting a mixture of rumble and turbo spool.
    MMM thats why I want a turbo ..... I like going thru a tunnel then droppin it into second goin about 55 mph, sounds sexy
    1995 Formula M6- Red... Throttle body airfoil, K & N FIPK2, TB bypass

black
    2002 firehawk 94 Z28

you know i first got the bug for the fbody it was 1997 i was 27 and i needed a car i didnt have much money i ran across this 85 firebird se (special edition)
    so i test drove it like i stole it and for a 2.8 multi port v6 i was hooked from that moment on.i drove back up to the lot checked the oil and it was very low trans fluid wasnt even showing on the dip stick oh and the water i couldnt even see it but i just knew that car was for me so i talked the guy down to $1300 with 113k .when i got home i found the receipt where they bought it at an auction for $850 bucks.well come to find out the dip stick had come loose from the tranny and the water and oil were just low and nothing ever leaked again. and boy for a 6cyl it was quick!it looked good too it had the webbed mags i never saw another one like it.well i drove it till it had 174k and the tranny finnally gave out i never had to do any major work to itshe never let me down but i parked it lost intrest became an over the road truck driver it sat for a little over 2 yrs and sold it for 50 bucks yup 50 bucks!!! im on my 3rd fbody now and wont be without again. sorry so long

Silver
    2004 SVT Cobra

This is why i regret trading my WS6 for an audi S4. The audi is a good car and all but it just doesnt put a smile on my face like the trans am did.

Impounded

Pewter
    2000 Firehawk #506 A4

I'm also on my 4th F-body, and my smile gets bigger with every generation. I must admit I have lost sleep from day dreaming about what bolt-ons to get.

Driving like i stole it!! dafizzman1's Avatar

Arctic White
    1998 Formula

if my formy was a person, i'd it!!!!! lol
    If you have the means and the desire, be prepared to do whatever it takes.

so far:
    suncoast creations functional ram air setup,pacesetter LT's/ORY,magnaflow,pro 5.0,hurst stick,LS6 cam,4:10 gears/stock rear(screaming for mercy!!!)
    -still more to come!!!!!!

Red
    1995 Pontiac Formula

NBM
    98 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by t-rock View Post
    yes i do to i even go outside once or twice at night and sit on my porch and dream of all the bolt ons i wished it had that i cant afford yet haha and i just stare at the bodylines. this is my second ta and i still feel the same way i did when i bought the first one.
    +1. still in debt from the new ls1 so.. cant get bolt ons =(

Red
    1995 Pontiac Formula

Quote Originally Posted by tigersport14 View Post
    +1. still in debt from the new ls1 so.. cant get bolt ons =(
    Yep, i'm in debt simply because right after I bought my baby, I lost my job and didnt have one for like 3 weeks.... Was worth it though lol..

White
    1999, Trans AM WS6

Ah Yeah... I have had my WS6 for about nine months and still enjoy the growl when you start her.

Silver
    2002 WS6

bought mine brand new in jan '02. drive it every single day, 95K miles on it now. and I will still catch myself looking back at it after I park it with a smile on my face.

not the best machine ever built, but by far the greatest car I've ever owned. I'll be keeping it forever, even after I get myself another daily driver some day
    2002 WS6 aka "Mr.Brownstone"

My car is my heroin

Navy Blue Metallic
    2001 Trans Am

I don't think I have ever turned my stereo on unless it's to listen to the music as I am washing her. Who needs a radio when you have a 300hp motor rumbling in your ear seductively saying "Floor me, I like it rough"

Red
    1995 Pontiac Formula

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos View Post
    and I will still catch myself looking back at it after I park it with a smile on my face.

+100

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information