Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    2001 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

Do you get this too?

Some people at work and some friends/family are just finding out I purchased a Trans Am (which is not my daily driver) and I usually get the same comments when they see pictures of my car.....

"Nice, does the car also talk like the KITT car?"
    "Smokey and the Bandit"
    "Going for the 1980's look" - this one I never understand!!

I get a lot of compliments about my car from car enthusiasts and I really could car less of what people think.... it's my dream car and the T/A was the greatest muslce car ever made... IMO

But I could do with out the lame comments from people who don't know JACK about real cars.....

U-R-Sofa-King-Retarded SINISTER-TA's Avatar

NBM
    2002 Trans Am

I hear ya. My wife is the worst one though. When I brought home the TA, she said "what are you going to do now, grow a mullet?" She also says (sarcastically) "whoa...thats a bitchin TA man..."

2000 Silver WS6 M6
    2002 Black Tahoe

The thing I hate is all the people wanting to race you at every stoplight. Whenever I accelerate from a stoplight, my car is loud due to the ORY / flowmaster I have. I'm only running maybe 2k RPM but people think you're trying to race them.

Senior Member 440 rwhp trans am's Avatar

red ta orange gto
    97 trans am 06 gto

i hate the people that yell at you to slow down when your doing 20 in a 30. i tell them to go fuck off and get there kids out of the road and gas it. they never say it again.
    Click for full size

Quote Originally Posted by 440 rwhp trans am View Post
    i hate the people that yell at you to slow down when your doing 20 in a 30. i tell them to go fuck off and get there kids out of the road and gas it. they never say it again.
    +1 !! I hate that....

your GTO looks sweet. I love that color on the GTOs.

86 Buick Grand National
    02 WS6-M6 407 RWHP

Yeah they think cause its loud you must be going fast

Black
    2002 Trans Am WS6

I haven't got any bad comments. My favorite comment was from a girl that loves Trans Am's...She said is that your car? Nodded my head. She said, "Now that's a panty dropper"

Senior Member 440 rwhp trans am's Avatar

red ta orange gto
    97 trans am 06 gto

Quote Originally Posted by 1TA LS1 View Post
    +1 !! I hate that....

your GTO looks sweet. I love that color on the GTOs.
    thanks had to go through a little to get that color only 1174 made i belive in 06

Navy Blue Metallic
    2001 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by TX_WS6_02 View Post
    I haven't got any bad comments. My favorite comment was from a girl that loves Trans Am's...She said is that your car? Nodded my head. She said, "Now that's a panty dropper"
    Now that's funny! And oh so true.

Yo Da Lin The Valley..... astyles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 440 rwhp trans am View Post
    i have one of those too........i told them "you can read call 5-0 and have them deal with me.....btw i am going 1 mile over the limit"

Quote Originally Posted by TX_WS6_02 View Post
    Damn.... I wish it was the same out here in Cali.... if you don't drive a Porsche or Ferrari, you'll never hear that from a girl....

I would have loved to hear that.....-hahaha

Navy Blue Metallic
    2001 Trans Am

I only got mine last week, but as soon as my co-workers saw me getting out of it in the morning, several of my female co-workers have been asking me if I want to join them for lunch, and oh, would I mind driving?

My male coworkers just ask me when they get to drive it. Except for the guy that insists his stock '03 Eclipse is faster.

Quote Originally Posted by UKXK189 View Post
    I only got mine last week, but as soon as my co-workers saw me getting out of it in the morning, several of my female co-workers have been asking me if I want to join them for lunch, and oh, would I mind driving?

My male coworkers just ask me when they get to drive it. Except for the guy that insists his stock '03 Eclipse is faster.
    By work, do you mean high school?.....hahaha, j/p

Maple Red Metalic
    2000 Trans Am

One evening after work I was in my neighborhood two block from my house going maybe 15mph because their was two construction trucks on both sides of the road only room for one car to go thru the hole. All of a sudden a teenager stepped out from behind one of the trucks and I simply came to a stop he gave me a surprised look like, he didn't even see me but I saw him. I go on to my house pull in my garage and am getting the mail. I have already forgotten about it. A SUV pulls up with a women inside rolls her window down. I am thinking she is wanting directions it was a new complex people were always looking for a new street. Next think I know this rabbit women starts to tell me how I am dangerous and was speeding and a menace and .......... I was just shocked. Just because I have a car that looks and is fast does not mean it is going fast all the time. This thinks her little shoud own the road and that cars should not be allowed to drive by her house. I just told her to get a handle on her kid and to get out of my face.

Sorry Rant off

Black
    2002 Trans Am WS6

I also like when people pull up next to you and give you the motion to rev your engine just so that they can hear it. Then you get the smile and a thumbs up. It's nice being in south Texas, cuz the girls down here love muscle cars and trucks...

Navy Blue Metallic
    2001 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by 1TA LS1 View Post
    By work, do you mean high school?.....hahaha, j/p
    Hell, sometimes I wish I was still in Highschool. Then I wouldn't have a mortgage to pay, kids to feed, daycare bills, whine, whine, whine some more...

86 Buick Grand National
    02 WS6-M6 407 RWHP

Back when my gn used to be my dd i was right out of high school and lived with my parents, the only bills i had were a credit card and insurance. That thing became very fast in know time. If those were the only bills i had now my t/a would probably being pushing 600 horses and it would be turbo charged. Now if i could only get them to let me again...

Quote Originally Posted by sfletch2000 View Post
    Back when my gn used to be my dd i was right out of high school and lived with my parents, the only bills i had were a credit card and insurance. That thing became very fast in know time. If those were the only bills i had now my t/a would probably being pushing 600 horses and it would be turbo charged. Now if i could only get them to let me again...
    haha.... I always dream about that.... live at home and save money..... think of the possibilities....

Awaiting Activation

Black
    02 T/A WS6

I haven't had any negative comments, even my inlaws love the car. My friends' kids fight to see who gets to ride with me whenever we go someplace. I recently had someone pull up beside me while I was going down the highway, just to ask what year it is. My biggest annoyance is all of the kids in their $500 Buicks that want to stoplight race.

86 Buick Grand National
    02 WS6-M6 407 RWHP

I'll race you in my mid 11 second buick any day...

Thread Information