Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Do you get this too?

This is a discussion on Do you get this too? within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Today's latest "Holy crap, when did you get that?!" lol.. "that's a bad @ss car!" my boss.. "why does anyone ...

Pewter
    2002 T/A WS6

Today's latest "Holy crap, when did you get that?!" lol.. "that's a bad @ss car!"

my boss.. "why does anyone need that much car? I just don't get it" Nope, you sure don't! LOL!

My favourite is when someone asks you for a ride (like today) somewhere and don't know what you drive and when walking through the parking lot passing all the cars and then when you unlock the car via the remote and they see the tail lights flash.. "OH MAN A! A TRANS AM?!" lol I love these cars.. that 3rd person in the car isn't usually as excited though! :P

86 Buick Grand National
    02 WS6-M6 407 RWHP

Yeah your right about the third person not being as excited. I get out of driving anytime theres more than me and a buddy because nobody wants to ride in back. I've offered many times to drive when we go to the beach and my friend always insists on driving. Kinda sucks though ,because i really want to cruise the P.C.H. (Pacific Coast HWY for those of you that don't know) with the t-tops off.

Miss Pennsylvania ls1blackbeauty98's Avatar

'98 Black Gone :(
    01 WS6 Midnight Blue

Quote Originally Posted by TX_WS6_02 View Post
    I also like when people pull up next to you and give you the motion to rev your engine just so that they can hear it. Then you get the smile and a thumbs up. It's nice being in south Texas, cuz the girls down here love muscle cars and trucks...
    yea ive been told id fit in better in texas haha
    no one apprechiates a girl who loves muscle cars and racing here in pa...

my favorite is when a guy will drive by me while im in my car and almost wreck because he's lookin back at me in shock because a girl is drivin a TA. like they've never seen one before haha

best comment ever: "i don't feel like a man because my girlfriend ran a much faster time at the track" <--- ex boyfriend he had to go

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 Formula

I don't get that around where I live because most people know it's a freakin fast car that'll slam you into the seat if your not paying attention.

Silver
    2004 SVT Cobra

I would always get random comments about my WS6 in traffic, mostly from guys. Honenstly it never really got much attention from girls though.

green
    98 formula

I don't think I could pay someone to race me around here I hardly ever get to drive either of mine but when I do I am ready and no I never grew up I love street racing I put the banks 6-gun on my work truck for the ricers thats the only thing i ever get to race

also by a show of hands who here would or have had a mullet? I would again if that were a requirement to have a camaro/firebird

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by 440 rwhp trans am View Post
    i hate the people that yell at you to slow down when your doing 20 in a 30. i tell them to go fuck off and get there kids out of the road and gas it. they never say it again.
    I HATE those assholes. They think that loud exhaust = going fast. People are so stupid.

I had some people flip out on me on a local backroad one day, they were walking, and I saw them about a 1/8 mile ahead, so I made sure I wasn't speeding or anthing. As soon as I go past they start yelling and making hand gestures. I slammed on the brakes and stopped the car, I was so tempted to throw it in reverse and go chew them out, but I just let it go, probably better off, because it might have ended badly...

Black
    2002 Trans Am WS.6 R.I.P.

my fiance is the worst. she was talking crap about the car. how she didn't like it...so I told her not to worry about driving it! She got pissed!

86 Buick Grand National
    02 WS6-M6 407 RWHP

I wouldn't let her drive it regardless of if she liked it or not

Black
    2002 Trans Am WS.6 R.I.P.

I don't. She keeps haggling me about it but I just say, 'no, I don't want you to drive a shitty car baby...that's a cold night but at least I win.

Pewter
    1999 Trans Am Firehawk

Quote Originally Posted by SLP_WS6 View Post
    The thing I hate is all the people wanting to race you at every stoplight. Whenever I accelerate from a stoplight, my car is loud due to the ORY / flowmaster I have. I'm only running maybe 2k RPM but people think you're trying to race them.
    I hate that to my friends always want to race me, doesnt matter if they have an old 3.1 prix or a LT1 ta they all want to race, or ill pull up by some punk in a riced out civic with a fart cannon and they will rev it up and ill just shake my head and when the light turns green, ill just say 0-60 under 5 secs and go bye bye!

Pewter
    1999 Trans Am Firehawk

And all the girls want to drive it or ride in it with the t-tops off, gets me into trouble with the old lady...not good!

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

I've had nothing but grief from my college friends and closest relatives for having, as one said "that much car". FU I'll buy what i like with my own money. Thank you. Car guys are just a different breed-we "get it" and no one else does. My biggest peeve is when I pull up next to a 4th gen car and they have no idea why i'm giving them a HELLO?!

Custom Car Emblems
    from third_shift|studios
    Pittsburgh Car Detailing & Paint Protection from ts|s detailing
    jaison tortorea

Navy Blue Metallic
    2001 Trans Am

I was outside at work today, grabbing something from my car, when I turn around, the VP of my business division is standing there and he says to me "I have never understood why people buy these redneck magnets." I swear I could have knocked him on his a$$ right there.

86 Buick Grand National
    02 WS6-M6 407 RWHP

I've never heard that one, i cold see if you owned a 2nd or 3rd generation though

Miss Pennsylvania ls1blackbeauty98's Avatar

'98 Black Gone :(
    01 WS6 Midnight Blue

Quote Originally Posted by third_shift|studios View Post
    I've had nothing but grief from my college friends and closest relatives for having, as one said "that much car". FU I'll buy what i like with my own money. Thank you. Car guys are just a different breed-we "get it" and no one else does. My biggest peeve is when I pull up next to a 4th gen car and they have no idea why i'm giving them a HELLO?!
    oh i hate it when someone in an fbody has no idea why i gave them a nod saying hello and a smile

Collector Yellow (54U)
    2002 Trans Am CE

Quote Originally Posted by UKXK189 View Post
    I was outside at work today, grabbing something from my car, when I turn around, the VP of my business division is standing there and he says to me "I have never understood why people buy these redneck magnets." I swear I could have knocked him on his a$$ right there.

Just tell them, "CAUSE IT'S DRIVING EXCITEMENT.....BITCH!" Then jump in your car and lay some rubber so they get choked in the smoke.

Bright Red
    1999 Trans Am Ws6

I hate people always asking how much pussy it has got me. I'd like to think I got it, not the car!

Oh, and people saying, "Little young for a mid life crisis car aren't you?".

Also, what's it's top speed. I always tell them only 65, but it gets there REALLY fast.

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

- comments = jealous

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

Quote Originally Posted by Smkn_TA View Post
    I hate people always asking how much pussy it has got me. I'd like to think I got it, not the car!

Oh, and people saying, "Little young for a mid life crisis car aren't you?".

Also, what's it's top speed. I always tell them only 65, but it gets there REALLY fast.

I always tell them top speed 162......if u think I am a liar jump in

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information