Red
    '00 TransAm RamAir WS6 M6

Dim Headlights...

Just bought an '00 WS6 which already had the brass gear replacements, but the passenger side actuator would not operate, come to find out the back that had been epoxied had come loose and the gear was sliding out. After finally fixing that problem, I needed to replace the front headlights. The only one burning was the driver low beam. Purchased two high beams and one low beam. After installing them, they are ALL on, but the ones that were out are now very dim, and all four of them are on with NO difference when I click the highbeams, they just are all on, the only one being as bright as it should be is the drivers side low beam. HELP!!!!!!! By the way, I have already searched posts on dim lights, but nothing thusfar.

Red

Where's my ASE certified master mechanic when I need one??? There has got to be someone out there who has had and fixed this problem!!! I really don't want to replace wiring harnesses but will do whatever it takes to be able to drive at night!!! HELP!!!!

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird
    1998 Trans Am -Oynx Black

Its your lucky day. Had the same problem last night. Take your main harness plug and unplug it and clean it really good and grease er up and make sure the harness is in all the way(the harness that connectors the car to the headlight motor/harness.

I cleaned my gears and rotated them Rodney dickman makes a kit for the cover btw!

Red

Ok, I'll give that a try, Thanks man!

Black
    1999 Trans Am WS6

The connector is normally what I had a problem with but I have heard that some people have a faulty ground when that happens too. So if the connector doesn't fix it, check the ground, it is bolted on by the passenger side of the radiator.

Red

The ground is nice and tight, will check the connectors next. Thanks!!

Red

Just a followup on the dim headlights...I disconnected the connector(really large one) and sure enough, there was corrosion and what looked like a short across two of the legs inside the connector itself. I cleaned it up as well as I could, squeezed the connector back together really hard, and voila, the low beams work!! Still don't have high beam actuation, but I'm happy just being able to take her out on dates with my wife.... AT NIGHT!! Thanks everyone for your help....I just love this site!!!!

Pewter
    '02 WS6

I've had the dim light problem and mine was as easy as flipping over the connector (that connects to the light). Dim when plugged in one way, flipped it, and bright that way.
    Give this a shot. May or may not help. Shouldn't hurt though.

white

Quote Originally Posted by herculesrider1 View Post
    Just bought an '00 WS6 which already had the brass gear replacements, but the passenger side actuator would not operate, come to find out the back that had been epoxied had come loose and the gear was sliding out. After finally fixing that problem, I needed to replace the front headlights. The only one burning was the driver low beam. Purchased two high beams and one low beam. After installing them, they are ALL on, but the ones that were out are now very dim, and all four of them are on with NO difference when I click the highbeams, they just are all on, the only one being as bright as it should be is the drivers side low beam. HELP!!!!!!! By the way, I have already searched posts on dim lights, but nothing thusfar.
    they just need a good ground take the negative wire and and ground it that'll fix the dim problem

Blue Metallic
    2002 Pontiac TransAm WS6

Quote Originally Posted by TOMASINO View Post
    they just need a good ground take the negative wire and and ground it that'll fix the dim problem
    Just had the problem with mine, connector not rusted. But the female clip was spread open causing the ground to fail

Thread Information