Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

did I do the right thing? (clutch)

This is a discussion on did I do the right thing? (clutch) within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; I'm sure your happy you got the car going again. I know I am. Only thing that sucks is now ...

dylan24
    I'm sure your happy you got the car going again. I know I am. Only thing that sucks is now it's about time to put the car up for winter Snow and T/As dont mix very well! Anyway, what kind of mods are you planning on doing?

Black
    02 Z06

lol I know. I had a old 94 POS trans am that had CAI and exhaust. It was a fun torquey car but nothing to brag about. I just left it in my driveway all winter and I found out my girlfriend has never done donuts in snow before. I had to pop her cherry. i got stuck 3 times just getting to the place to do friggin donuts!

yeah I'm pretty bummed about putting it away for the winter. But when it comes time to take it out it's like owning it for the first time. In my opinon atleast.

I'm going to try for a sub 12 second car. Full exhaust,intake, Maybe a streetable cam, I already have some autometer phantom gauges I just need to buy the pod and the white face gauge for the cluster so it matches. I want to do some stereo stuff too and just tint the car to make it look clean.

How about your self? What have you done and what are your plans.

dylan24
    Quote Originally Posted by TransAmMan
    I couldn't of put it any better by what you said about taking off. It's so embarrasing it makes me not want to even drive the car and even when your being careful the throw out bearing makes noises when you shift.
    Have you put the clutch in yet? If you haven't, then stop driving it NOW! I thought my tranny was out, but it was only the Clutch. All those horrible noises were just from the clutch. You don't want your tranny going out, the cheapest T56 I found was $1800 used. Luckily I didn't need one of those.

Black
    02 Z06

lol I took it out today . I haven't driven it in over 2 weeks I had too! It was embarrasing though. I had a few people laugh at me. but it was fun. I miss driving that car so much.

opps edit * I forgot to add I get it fixed this saturday ... hopefuly... then I get my new windsheild put in friday and I'm ordering a brass gear replacement for the pos stocker plastic one that went out in my headlight asap.

dylan24
    Saturday huh. Sweet. I was guilty of driving mine broken too. Just didn't want you too make the same silly mistakes I did. It's hard not too drive the thing though!! Anyway, you have AIM or MSN or anything like that?

Black
    02 Z06

yeah I have aim. I'm on right now if you want to talk. gscpocjbonet. I was thinking my self this conversation could be better carried on in aim lol.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information