Demise of the TA

I was wondering why I never see a WS6 Driving around, other then mine. I think its because you cant buy parts anymore and mine is only 10 years old. Needed a lower radiator hose, discontinued like most of the other parts. Napa had to special order one. I check all of the dealerships for stock and there was one by me that had one, called them and said it was special stock and could not be sold. Like what the hell is that. Are they holding it for 20years and then trying to sell it on ebay. Rice parts are expensive but at least you can always get them.

Black/ Silver
    98 TA WS6/ 01 C5 Corvette

I never have trouble getting parts for mine at the dealer or auto parts stores.
    1998 Trans Am WS6 - Phantom
    421 CI LQ9, Tick Performance Custom Cam, TFS 255cc LS3 heads, Kooks 2" LT headers, Kooks 3" True Duals w/ high flow cats, FTP 104 lid, Speed Density Tune, 4" silicon tube, LS6 VCT, FAST 102 Intake, NW 102 TB, Oil Catch Can, SLP Bilstein Shocks w/ Vogtland Springs, CTS-V 4-piston Calipers w/C6 Z06 rotors, Stainless Steel Brake Lines, R1 concepts premium rotors, Hawk HP+ brake pads, VFN WSQ Hood, C5-R timing chain, SLP oil pump, E85 tune, Walbro 450 fuel pump, Deatschwerkz 95# injectors, Breathless performance headlights, Frost Tune, !HVAC.
    (Coming Soon) BMR DSL, UMI TQ Arm
    421 LQ9 14.8:1 on E85 Build/

Guess you never changed your lower radiator hose. Discontinued. Needed the boot cover for the t-56, discontinued, hurst shifter, discontinued, traction control switch and bezel, discontinued. But really, with all of the 5.7 firebirds out there, the lower radiator hose??

Black/ Silver
    98 TA WS6/ 01 C5 Corvette

I have replaced the lower radiator hose but with a goodyear one not from the dealer in this case. I.would check ebay or aftermarket suppliers for those or better replacements.

white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

You just have to broaden your horizons a little. Checker, ebay or WS6store.com has had almost everything I have needed. I wouldn't go to the stealership unless absolutely necessary. God, I butchered that last word. Necessary?

white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

ANd, it helps if you know EXACTLY what you are looking for when you go into any autoparts store. They can't be counted on for the most part. (Pun intended) I had an issue with my rad hoses, ended up with the car down till it got across town from their distributor. Tore it down sat, got the part mon afternoon.

its short but its skinny. jiveass's Avatar

pewter
    99 trans am

i had to get a radiator from an lt1 car at autozone cause thats all they carry anymore since it fits ls1 car...oil pan gasket i had to order for a 5.3 instead of ls1....you just gotta cross reference some parts. ebay has all you need if you can wait for shipping. plenty of cars being parted out as well.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

This is not an F-body only dilemma -- happens with every car out there at some point. We are fortunate though as there is a strong following and certain companies have stepped up and filled in where the demand is present. I spent quite a bit of time tracking down the rubber dust boots for the e-brakes 2 years ago. No frustration at all on my part, just viewed it as a normal challenge of owning an "older" vehicle.

Thread Information