Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Decal for my trans am

This is a discussion on Decal for my trans am within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; My pleasure...

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

My pleasure

Red, Black
    98 T/A M6, 79 T/A 6.6L

right bird, right hood.

Black soon to be red
    2000 Trans am Ws6

Bird emblem

In the process of painting my car...which I`ll start posting pics soon.Was wondering if anyone knows of a stencil kit for the pheonix...for the hood

Boston:Stationed North Carolina:Now Deployed

Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6 M6

I tried to put a one piece bird like that on my Ram Air hood and it didnt work. Even with heat it wouldnt stretch to fit the contours of the hood. I had to go with a vinyl decal so it would work. I did it temporarily because I was going to paint one on but now I love it. I've had it for years now and it still looks like the day I put it on. I hope that helps.
    The first attempt with one piece bird.
    The vinyl decal.

Blackshirt Member SactownHuskers's Avatar

Black
    2001 Trans Am WS6 M6

What is the one piece made of? Is the vinyl more than one piece? If this one won't stay put i'll use it as a poster or whatever. Expensive poster but oh well.
    Half cocked, Full Throttle!
    2001 Black Trans Am WS6 M6
    1986 383 Stroker Red Chevrolet Camaro
    2006 Blue Kawasaki ZX6R 636

1998 trans am

i to put the vinyl on and my came in two pieces.

Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6 M6

The one piece one was pretty much a giant sticker. Im not too sure of its compostion. Its plastic like. The vinyl one is actually two piece. The seam isnt too noticeable unless youre right on top of it. Most people dont even notice it. I got it for around 25.00. I wasnt sure what to expect when I ordered it but Im very happy with it. I did it myself also.

I know its a picture but you really cant see the seam. its cut from head to tail feathers down the middle.

Black
    2001 Trans Am WS6 M6

I think the one I ordered was vinyl. Here's hoping it is. It should be here tomorrow...well today now I guess. Which reminds me, I need to go to sleep. I'm drop dead tired...

Black
    2001 Trans Am WS6 M6

Got it in the mail today. Appears to be one piece. My cousin runs a small printing business out of his home. I think I'll have him help me apply it to make sure I do it as well as it can be. If it bubbles or peels i'll just glue it to a backdrop and hang it in my garage. Question: how did you apply yours? Mine includes the water and drops of dish detergent method. Then you use a squeegie (sp?)to flatten it out.

Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6 M6

When I applied mine I actually got a gel. I cant remember what it was but it was for graphics. It was nice because you had all the time in the world to work with it without it evapoating. When everything was laid out where I wanted i did use a squeegie. I used one about medium firmness. Too soft wont get the air bubbles out too well and too firm may scratch the decal. Another important step is make sure you wash your car real well without wax. Wax will only make the decal not stick as well. I didnt have any luck with the one piece bird but Im also not a professional so I wish you luck.

Black
    2001 Trans Am WS6 M6

Figured on doin it that way... after a good wash and no wax! My cousin is a "professional" so I think we should be able to knock it out

slap your mama red
    1998 trans am

where did both of you guys get your decals from? And can they make any color? And what is the dimensions of it H" x W"

Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6 M6

I got mine on Ebay around 3 years ago. It came in any color. I dont know if theyre still available but it was like $20.00. I dont remember what the dimensions are and I cant measure it for you because Im in Afghanistan right now. As you can see it almost touches the front of the hood and the wings are almost touching so its pretty big. Mines pretty plain (only 1 color) but it grew on me pretty quick. The original one I tried was a nos decal for early or mid 70's and it was pretty expensive. It was a waste of money but good learning experience.

Black
    2001 Trans Am WS6 M6

I got mine on ebay too. Mine was 65.00 but a three tone color scheme as you can see. Mine is a bit narrower and quite a bit shorter than WS6 TA's. Not sure I will like how it looks (mostly I would like it to be taller). Im gonna throw it on and see how it looks. If I dont like it I will just take it off and use it as garage ornament. The guy I bought from had one, two, and three tone designs with many different colors. Also said he could customize. I will post a link to it when I get home. (its on my laptop and Im on my phone now)
    Last edited by SactownHuskers; 03-24-2010 at 07:39 PM.

slap your mama red
    1998 trans am

i see alot of decals on ebay that i like but i do not know what size i need to get for the hood because all of the pics on cars on the ebay site are of 70s and i dont want to get the bird to big and i know that ram air hoods are smaller than the 70s models

Black
    2001 Trans Am WS6 M6

Mine was 27 x 26 and easily fits on the hood.

Here's a link to one of the decals that the seller I bought mine from sells.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Trans...QQcmdZViewItem

slap your mama red
    1998 trans am

im just wanting a 79 bird style with only the white outline with the color of the car making the background color

Yellow
    02 CETA#732

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by WS6 T/A View Post
    I tried to put a one piece bird like that on my Ram Air hood and it didnt work. Even with heat it wouldnt stretch to fit the contours of the hood. I had to go with a vinyl decal so it would work. I did it temporarily because I was going to paint one on but now I love it. I've had it for years now and it still looks like the day I put it on. I hope that helps.
    Click for full sizeThe vinyl decal.
    Very nice, like that alot, adding another vinyl decal of similar color over the bird embossed between the fogs might set it off even more.

Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6 M6

Thanks, I thought about that but I dont want to go too overboard with the black and red.

White
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by SactownHuskers View Post
    Mine was 27 x 26 and easily fits on the hood.

Here's a link to one of the decals that the seller I bought mine from sells.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Trans...QQcmdZViewItem
    Did you get your on the hood yet? Like to see a pic.for the price I'd get one for now till I get my new hood (either a Raptor or a Firehawkhood) since I don't like my aftermarket WS6 hood. Hoods ok just don't like the style. I plan on airbrushing the bird in real flame style on the new hood when I repaint the car, plus I plan ok keeping the arctic white as a basecoat buy shooting a crimson red pearl midcoat on and change it to a 3 stage paint since I haven't sen anything around like that just some painted lime green and weird orange colors not the factory SOM I actually want to buy a Camaro or firhawk that color.
    1998 Trans Am 85k miles.
    Bolt ons, MS3 113LSA cam, Circle D Stall, Tune, Modified WS6 style hood, Full Suspension, 6000k HID's, Clear Side Markers w/ Leds, Led 3rd Brake Light and 18" AR Staggered Killer Wheels w/ BFG KDW NT's.- Weekend Toy/DD
    02 Trailblazer -Sold
    09 Ram 1500 CC - Sold
    09 Cobalt SS/TC - Sold
    13 ram 1500 LoneStar CC 4x4 - Magnaflow, K&N,and more to come-DD/Toy

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information