Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 77

Debating between ta or ss

This is a discussion on Debating between ta or ss within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; I would get the T/A personally But i do like them Camaro SS With Center Mount Exhaust....

  1. #41
    Formula Driver! 96Firebirdformula's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Seymour, Indiana
    Posts
    629

    Batman Black
    1996 Formula

    I would get the T/A personally But i do like them Camaro SS With Center Mount Exhaust.

  2. #42
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    ashville n.c.
    Posts
    35

    red
    2002

    Quote Originally Posted by Twizz View Post
    This is true. I see at least 2 different SS' on the road daily.

    Since I've had the Hawk, I've only seen maybe 2 other Hawks total.

    Trans Ams, WS6 are plentiful.
    what is the difference between a firehawk and a ws6 besides the hood ?

  3. #43
    Junior Member speedingfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Olympia
    Age
    42
    Posts
    71

    pewter
    2000 ss

    SSsS vert

  4. #44
    Moderator Firebirdjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    12,552
    Quote Originally Posted by zeus View Post
    what is the difference between a firehawk and a ws6 besides the hood ?
    Firehawk I thought had a more subtle spoiler in the back, different wheels, and of course there is the limited production status.

    If there is anything about the WS6 I don't like it's the rear spoiler. It's a little much for me, I prefer a more sedate spoiler like on the Formula.
    And the front ends on the 98-02 TA's are a bit too busy for me. I really liked the TA front ends on the 93-97, much cleaner look.
    Actually I like the formula the best out of all the 4th gens, clean front end,,,mild rear spoiler etc...they are just harder to find.
    There is plenty I could complain about on the 98 and up camaro's too,,,but oh well. You just kinda pick the lesser of 2 evils and live with it.

  5. #45
    autoconnectionllc.com 02transamce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Montgomery,Ala
    Posts
    2,436

    2007 Corvette
    Ebony

    ^--i'm opposite in opinion,the t/a spoiler looks great on the t/a and on the formula,some people have put them on formulas as well as the ram air hood and it makes a very nice looking package,but beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

  6. #46
    Senior Member justinmc978's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    college station, tx
    Posts
    2,564

    sold: 1999 firebird
    1998 Trans Am

    honestly my ideal f-body would be an ls1 in a red or silver 93-97 ws6 formy body, honeycomb tailights, and a trans am hi-rise spoiler. somewhat like Shane's: http://www.highperformancepontiac.co...awk/index.html

  7. #47
    Moderator Firebirdjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    12,552
    Quote Originally Posted by 02transamce View Post
    ^--i'm opposite in opinion,the t/a spoiler looks great on the t/a and on the formula,some people have put them on formulas as well as the ram air hood and it makes a very nice looking package,but beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
    Yep it's all about what you like. I'm more of a subtle, not so in your face kinda thing. My wife really doesn't care, so we looked at all kinds of 4th gens. Even test drove a couple of Goats, loved the interiors but just couldn't get past the asking prices at the time.

  8. #48
    Auto Painter RyanJM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Age
    41
    Posts
    2,002

    White
    1998 Trans Am

    I just like the fuirehawk hood better it looks more like it was made for the car and not an afterthough

  9. #49
    Moderator Firebirdjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    12,552
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanJM View Post
    I just like the fuirehawk hood better it looks more like it was made for the car and not an afterthough
    Yes exactly. I never like the WS6 hood, as you mentioned it looked like an afterthought with what winds up being 4 holes instead of a much cleaner 2 holes in the firehawk hood.

  10. #50
    Give me a place to stand. levityinc3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    1,449

    Red
    2000 SS '89 IROC-Z

    Quote Originally Posted by JoshieDoom View Post
    Stock. Even the tests showed the SS winning in 99 even though they are basically the same car.

    Thread jack over
    My car

    Go with the SS.

  11. #51
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    ashville n.c.
    Posts
    35

    red
    2002

    yeah the ws6 is more common for sure but i just like the look. its all about personal pref . they are all sweet rides

  12. #52
    autoconnectionllc.com 02transamce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Montgomery,Ala
    Posts
    2,436

    2007 Corvette
    Ebony

    Quote Originally Posted by justinmc978 View Post
    honestly my ideal f-body would be an ls1 in a red or silver 93-97 ws6 formy body, honeycomb tailights, and a trans am hi-rise spoiler. somewhat like Shane's: http://www.highperformancepontiac.co...awk/index.html
    exactly what i would like to build.probably nbm in color or maybe a good gunmetal grey.
    Last edited by 02transamce; 05-24-2009 at 05:51 PM.

  13. #53
    Junior Member tbaum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    82

    Red
    1998 Trans Am Vert

    TA's are the more refined cousin of the Camaro...always was. I think if you get a Camaro just for the sake of variety then you will be disappointed. Trans Am's are just nicer from top to bottom. Sorry to you Camaro guys out there. I am not trying to offend. I have owned two of them and loved them both but Firebirds have better styling. Better curves and lines. They have better seats..oh yeah and there;s the whole headrest thing. The TA is just simply a more attractive ride.

  14. #54
    autoconnectionllc.com 02transamce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Montgomery,Ala
    Posts
    2,436

    2007 Corvette
    Ebony

    ^---+1

  15. #55
    Give me a place to stand. levityinc3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    1,449

    Red
    2000 SS '89 IROC-Z

    Quote Originally Posted by tbaum View Post
    TA's are the more refined cousin of the Camaro...always was. I think if you get a Camaro just for the sake of variety then you will be disappointed. Trans Am's are just nicer from top to bottom. Sorry to you Camaro guys out there. I am not trying to offend. I have owned two of them and loved them both but Firebirds have better styling. Better curves and lines. They have better seats..oh yeah and there;s the whole headrest thing. The TA is just simply a more attractive ride.
    Honestly, it's just a matter of opinion. I must agree that the lack of headrests is fucking annoying. However I am not a fan of the batmobile spoiler nor the big round fog lights. Performance-wise, the same. I think Luos is right in finding a variety in your area, and just pick which one is right by price, ride quality, and how well it's been taken care of.

  16. #56
    Just me Y2KPewterSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Broken Arrow, OK
    Age
    42
    Posts
    23,353

    Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by tbaum View Post
    TA's are the more refined cousin of the Camaro...always was. I think if you get a Camaro just for the sake of variety then you will be disappointed. Trans Am's are just nicer from top to bottom. Sorry to you Camaro guys out there. I am not trying to offend. I have owned two of them and loved them both but Firebirds have better styling. Better curves and lines. They have better seats..oh yeah and there;s the whole headrest thing. The TA is just simply a more attractive ride.
    100% opinion

  17. #57
    Moderator Firebirdjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    12,552
    Quote Originally Posted by levityinc3 View Post
    Honestly, it's just a matter of opinion. I must agree that the lack of headrests is fucking annoying. However I am not a fan of the batmobile spoiler nor the big round fog lights. Performance-wise, the same. I think Luos is right in finding a variety in your area, and just pick which one is right by price, ride quality, and how well it's been taken care of.
    Hmmm, I never even considered headrests as a do or die. GM has had high back buckets in the F-bodies since 1971, I would think people would be used to that by now,,,
    I do have several other cars with headrests,,,and to be honest,,,I never use the things, they stay down all the time.

  18. #58
    Give me a place to stand. levityinc3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    1,449

    Red
    2000 SS '89 IROC-Z

    Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Hmmm, I never even considered headrests as a do or die. GM has had high back buckets in the F-bodies since 1971, I would think people would be used to that by now,,,
    I do have several other cars with headrests,,,and to be honest,,,I never use the things, they stay down all the time.
    Well if it was that huge of a deal then I would have gotten a TA. I wasn't around in 1971, but if I was then I would have wished my Cam had headrests. I definitely prefer the SS. Headrests or not. Although, I wish it had them, just my opinion.

  19. #59
    I see Yello and I like it 02cetransam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    2,066

    yellow
    02 Collector Trans Am

    Ta all the way

  20. #60
    Junior Member Twizz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    37

    Black
    2000 T/A Firehawk#610

    Quote Originally Posted by blackSS01 View Post
    TA vs. SS = SS all the way, no thought behind it.
    WS6 vs SS = WS6 looks more aggressive but I like the interior of the Maro better IMO.

    Either way if its powered by a LS1, it will be a blast to drive and a awesome car. Here in WI, I see more WS6's then SS's but who really cares. Its different in other areas, and they all are some what rare compared to other cars.

    No Firehawks in Wisconsin??

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Debating if i should get another Ls1 car
    By Lunatikgixxer in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 09-01-2012, 12:02 AM
  2. debating on if i should go for this trans am
    By fbod91 in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 07-23-2010, 03:31 AM
  3. debating a tune
    By V8MUSCLE in forum Computer & Tuning
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-09-2010, 01:26 PM
  4. Debating on a tattoo.
    By MistrCreazil in forum Firebird / WS6
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-30-2009, 11:20 PM
  5. debating on buying lt1
    By 95Fyrebyrd in forum LT1
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-18-2009, 06:01 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •