Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Debating between ta or ss

This is a discussion on Debating between ta or ss within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; I would get the T/A personally But i do like them Camaro SS With Center Mount Exhaust....

Formula Driver! 96Firebirdformula's Avatar

Batman Black
    1996 Formula

I would get the T/A personally But i do like them Camaro SS With Center Mount Exhaust.

red

Quote Originally Posted by Twizz View Post
    This is true. I see at least 2 different SS' on the road daily.

Since I've had the Hawk, I've only seen maybe 2 other Hawks total.

Trans Ams, WS6 are plentiful.
    what is the difference between a firehawk and a ws6 besides the hood ?

pewter
    2000 ss

SSsS vert

Quote Originally Posted by zeus View Post
    what is the difference between a firehawk and a ws6 besides the hood ?
    Firehawk I thought had a more subtle spoiler in the back, different wheels, and of course there is the limited production status.

If there is anything about the WS6 I don't like it's the rear spoiler. It's a little much for me, I prefer a more sedate spoiler like on the Formula.
    And the front ends on the 98-02 TA's are a bit too busy for me. I really liked the TA front ends on the 93-97, much cleaner look.
    Actually I like the formula the best out of all the 4th gens, clean front end,,,mild rear spoiler etc...they are just harder to find.
    There is plenty I could complain about on the 98 and up camaro's too,,,but oh well. You just kinda pick the lesser of 2 evils and live with it.

autoconnectionllc.com 02transamce's Avatar

2007 Corvette
    Ebony

^--i'm opposite in opinion,the t/a spoiler looks great on the t/a and on the formula,some people have put them on formulas as well as the ram air hood and it makes a very nice looking package,but beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

sold: 1999 firebird
    1998 Trans Am

honestly my ideal f-body would be an ls1 in a red or silver 93-97 ws6 formy body, honeycomb tailights, and a trans am hi-rise spoiler. somewhat like Shane's: http://www.highperformancepontiac.co...awk/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by 02transamce View Post
    ^--i'm opposite in opinion,the t/a spoiler looks great on the t/a and on the formula,some people have put them on formulas as well as the ram air hood and it makes a very nice looking package,but beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
    Yep it's all about what you like. I'm more of a subtle, not so in your face kinda thing. My wife really doesn't care, so we looked at all kinds of 4th gens. Even test drove a couple of Goats, loved the interiors but just couldn't get past the asking prices at the time.

White
    1998 Trans Am

I just like the fuirehawk hood better it looks more like it was made for the car and not an afterthough

Quote Originally Posted by RyanJM View Post
    I just like the fuirehawk hood better it looks more like it was made for the car and not an afterthough
    Yes exactly. I never like the WS6 hood, as you mentioned it looked like an afterthought with what winds up being 4 holes instead of a much cleaner 2 holes in the firehawk hood.

Give me a place to stand. levityinc3's Avatar

Red
    2000 SS '89 IROC-Z

Quote Originally Posted by JoshieDoom View Post
    Stock. Even the tests showed the SS winning in 99 even though they are basically the same car.

Thread jack over
    My car

Go with the SS.

red

yeah the ws6 is more common for sure but i just like the look. its all about personal pref . they are all sweet rides

2007 Corvette
    Ebony

Quote Originally Posted by justinmc978 View Post
    honestly my ideal f-body would be an ls1 in a red or silver 93-97 ws6 formy body, honeycomb tailights, and a trans am hi-rise spoiler. somewhat like Shane's: http://www.highperformancepontiac.co...awk/index.html
    exactly what i would like to build.probably nbm in color or maybe a good gunmetal grey.
    Last edited by 02transamce; 05-24-2009 at 05:51 PM.

Red
    1998 Trans Am Vert

TA's are the more refined cousin of the Camaro...always was. I think if you get a Camaro just for the sake of variety then you will be disappointed. Trans Am's are just nicer from top to bottom. Sorry to you Camaro guys out there. I am not trying to offend. I have owned two of them and loved them both but Firebirds have better styling. Better curves and lines. They have better seats..oh yeah and there;s the whole headrest thing. The TA is just simply a more attractive ride.

2007 Corvette
    Ebony

^---+1

Red
    2000 SS '89 IROC-Z

Quote Originally Posted by tbaum View Post
    TA's are the more refined cousin of the Camaro...always was. I think if you get a Camaro just for the sake of variety then you will be disappointed. Trans Am's are just nicer from top to bottom. Sorry to you Camaro guys out there. I am not trying to offend. I have owned two of them and loved them both but Firebirds have better styling. Better curves and lines. They have better seats..oh yeah and there;s the whole headrest thing. The TA is just simply a more attractive ride.
    Honestly, it's just a matter of opinion. I must agree that the lack of headrests is fucking annoying. However I am not a fan of the batmobile spoiler nor the big round fog lights. Performance-wise, the same. I think Luos is right in finding a variety in your area, and just pick which one is right by price, ride quality, and how well it's been taken care of.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by tbaum View Post
    100% opinion

Quote Originally Posted by levityinc3 View Post
    Honestly, it's just a matter of opinion. I must agree that the lack of headrests is fucking annoying. However I am not a fan of the batmobile spoiler nor the big round fog lights. Performance-wise, the same. I think Luos is right in finding a variety in your area, and just pick which one is right by price, ride quality, and how well it's been taken care of.
    Hmmm, I never even considered headrests as a do or die. GM has had high back buckets in the F-bodies since 1971, I would think people would be used to that by now,,,
    I do have several other cars with headrests,,,and to be honest,,,I never use the things, they stay down all the time.

Red
    2000 SS '89 IROC-Z

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Hmmm, I never even considered headrests as a do or die. GM has had high back buckets in the F-bodies since 1971, I would think people would be used to that by now,,,
    I do have several other cars with headrests,,,and to be honest,,,I never use the things, they stay down all the time.
    Well if it was that huge of a deal then I would have gotten a TA. I wasn't around in 1971, but if I was then I would have wished my Cam had headrests. I definitely prefer the SS. Headrests or not. Although, I wish it had them, just my opinion.

I see Yello and I like it 02cetransam's Avatar

yellow
    02 Collector Trans Am

Ta all the way

Black
    2000 T/A Firehawk#610

Quote Originally Posted by blackSS01 View Post
    TA vs. SS = SS all the way, no thought behind it.
    WS6 vs SS = WS6 looks more aggressive but I like the interior of the Maro better IMO.

Either way if its powered by a LS1, it will be a blast to drive and a awesome car. Here in WI, I see more WS6's then SS's but who really cares. Its different in other areas, and they all are some what rare compared to other cars.

No Firehawks in Wisconsin??

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information