Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Debating between ta or ss

This is a discussion on Debating between ta or ss within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; everyone know's SS's are faster...

Black
    99 SS

everyone know's SS's are faster

Black
    02 WS6 TA

had both and i get way more looks and compliements in my TA. Its my second one the first one I had, a damn tree ran right out in front of me one night leavin the bar, LOL but I love my WS6.

Black on Black
    2001 Trans Am WS6

I think the question should be SS or WS6. If your choice is only between an SS or a regular Trans Am, you might be happier with an SS. I personnally like the TA's over the Camaro's but I respect both.

In LA the SS are a plenty, but the WS6 is not as common. I also see alot of Z28's driven by bangers.

As for the interiors I've always preferred the Trans Am interior over the Camaro's but I think that personal choice and loyalties will always sway your decision. Either way, you can't go wrong.... IMHO....

Black on Black
    2001 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Zboner View Post
    everyone know's SS's are faster

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

Some cars look like they could kick your ass. A WS6 not only will kick that ass, then it steals the girlfriend. Especially a black 6 speed. No contest for me!

Black
    2000 T/A Firehawk#610

When I was first in the market for an LS1, I was looking for a Firehawk which was reasonably priced. This was 7 years ago, mind you, and Firehawks were expensive at the time, so I settled for a 98 SS. I loved the hell out of that car. I was on the bad end of a hit n run 2 years ago, and may she rest in peace.

However

This gave me a new opportunity to find the LS1 I wanted originally.

I found the Hawk, and I can honestly say, I'm more satisfied with the Hawk than the SS. The cabin itself is WAYY more comforable and inviting. The gauge cluster is nicer, as well as the dash itself. The camaro's is too squared off and not as sleek, IMO.

All in all, I loved the SS, but here in CA, SS' are a dime a dozen. Like I had said before, I NEVER see Firehawks around...but thats here in the bay.

Artic white
    2001 Trans am

Thanks for the response guys! I have always wanted a camaro ever since i was little. After i got my first TA i got hooked on the way they look. they do seem a lot more aggressive then camaros.

I wanna switch it up and get an SS's but the thing is where i live they come a dime a dozen. i was the only guy in my town with a white TA! i felt like the man! i've been looking for a camaro manly 01-02's black, red, or dark blue, with a 6 speed. after 98 what years would you guys were the best years for camaros and trans ams?

NBM
    2000 Trans Am Ws6 #2946

If I was to buy another F-body, I'd buy any solid LS1, mod it heavily, but make the whole car itself appear like a V6. Single exhaust pipe, 16 inch wheels, low spoiler, stock hood. Total sleeper. Suprise the hell out of them pesky mustangs!

white
    1999 Trans AM 30th anniv.

Quote Originally Posted by whiteLS1TA View Post
    Thanks for the response guys! I have always wanted a camaro ever since i was little. After i got my first TA i got hooked on the way they look. they do seem a lot more aggressive then camaros.

I wanna switch it up and get an SS's but the thing is where i live they come a dime a dozen. i was the only guy in my town with a white TA! i felt like the man! i've been looking for a camaro manly 01-02's black, red, or dark blue, with a 6 speed. after 98 what years would you guys were the best years for camaros and trans ams?
    i'm a T/A guy and i got the only 30th known in the state of wyoming--there are a dozen or so camaros in town but mine and 1 other T/A---
    ps: my son is ordering a 2010 camaro this summer and i WILL let him tour with me--hee hee
    Last edited by Wyoming T/A; 05-22-2009 at 05:54 AM.

We recently went through this delima when my wifes Z was rearended and totalled. Honestly we were looking at all 4th gens. I already had an 02 SS but all she needed for a driver was a nice clean unmolested low mile LS1 car.

So we looked at alot of T/A's, WS6's, Z28's and SS's. We ended up with another SS for her daily driver. It's just what came along and it looked like a better deal than anything else out there at the time.
    Now I've mildly modded it and the darn thing is faster than my SS
    Funny though, my 02 SS rides much tighter and smoother with a softer ride than her 2000 SS. Both are stock as built suspensions and have about the same mileage. My neighbor has ridden in both and actually said the same thing without me mentioning it,,,,go figure.
    It's all in what you can find at the time that fits the bill. Right now the market is plentiful with a ton of them to choose from. If you are willing to travel as I did,,,you can really expand your selection and price shop.

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Get whichever one YOU like better.
    After driving a few cars. Get which one you feel drives the best.

autoconnectionllc.com 02transamce's Avatar

2007 Corvette
    Ebony

around here the camaros are higher in price than the trans ams.

sold: 1999 firebird
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Too Fast View Post
    Some cars look like they could kick your ass. A WS6 not only will kick that ass, then it steals the girlfriend. Especially a black 6 speed. No contest for me!
    idk man, I think girls like the automatic instead, so you can put your around them while driving, instead of you playing with your stick the whole time.

Black
    2000 T/A Firehawk#610

Quote Originally Posted by justinmc978 View Post
    idk man, I think girls like the automatic instead, so you can put your around them while driving, instead of you playing with your stick the whole time.

I dunno, they like watching me play with my stick...

ANd when I say stick, I'm obviously refering to my shifter, seeing as I have an M6

Bright Blue Metallic
    1999 Camaro Z28

get a Z28 and with the extra cash mod it!

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

TA vs. SS = SS all the way, no thought behind it.
    WS6 vs SS = WS6 looks more aggressive but I like the interior of the Maro better IMO.

Either way if its powered by a LS1, it will be a blast to drive and a awesome car. Here in WI, I see more WS6's then SS's but who really cares. Its different in other areas, and they all are some what rare compared to other cars.
    ┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐

Man: The Mods you are fighting,
    they are the biggest Men I have ever seen. I
    wouldn't want to fight them!

Me: That is why no one will remember your name!

sold: 1999 firebird
    1998 Trans Am

really though, its hard to tell the difference between a v6/z28 and an ss from 30ft, they look the same exept for a shallow hood scoop and similar badging, Transams and v6/formys look alot more different, T/As will always turn more heads because they look nothing like their counterparts. even to an untrained eye.

autoconnectionllc.com 02transamce's Avatar

2007 Corvette
    Ebony

trans am!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by justinmc978 View Post
    really though, its hard to tell the difference between a v6/z28 and an ss from 30ft, they look the same exept for a shallow hood scoop and similar badging, Transams and v6/formys look alot more different, T/As will always turn more heads because they look nothing like their counterparts. even to an untrained eye.
    Hell they all look about the same to me

White
    1998 Trans Am

I say SS or Firehawk. Everone has a WS6. I see more of those than normal TA's

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information