Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

DDM tuning HID kit feedback

This is a discussion on DDM tuning HID kit feedback within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; ok this is BS the freaking kits are still NYC been checked by customs. Nothing personal against customs but that ...

Mean Black
    1998 Trans Am

ok this is BS the freaking kits are still NYC been checked by customs. Nothing personal against customs but that why I dont like them. They delay everything way too much.
    Last edited by JayTA98; 07-29-2011 at 05:59 AM.

Black
    00 camaro ss M6 #6695

the kit comes from china?/ damn i hope u have good luck with them. to return them will be a pain in the ass.,.
    you should of got them from xentec. you have them 3 days
    later

Mean Black
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by 98maro View Post
    the kit comes from china?/ damn i hope u have good luck with them. to return them will be a pain in the ass.,.
    you should of got them from xentec. you have them 3 days
    later
    Leo, Xentec is made in China too lol. Im okay about the wait but I wont if I have to wait for a warranty replacement this long when they have them available in CA. The package just cleared customs this morning. finally... If they say i have to wait this long for a replacement i might just return them back. Im waiting for a reply. I didnt do xentec because I kept finding bad reviews. I know you guys had good experiences with them so i take that in consideration as well. im just kinda of picky about warranties thru an ebay seller.

Mean Black
    1998 Trans Am

ok I contacted DDM today. They have the units in stock in CA but they don't have the manpower to process online orders just walkins and warranty claims. All initial orders come from the manufacturing plant in China which they say they own. If you have a wrranty issue the product will ship from their warehouse in CA.

Black
    00 camaro ss M6 #6695

I know it's made in china too but I mean the seller are here in USA it makes it faster on the shipping since it's here
    In the USA
    But I understand I would probably done the same thing you did.
    Only problem I had with my xentec is
    That they claim is waterproof but the one
    My friend bought got messed when he washed the engine bay

Mean Black
    1998 Trans Am

ok so they are finally here. i was very dissapointed with the way the shipping was handle. The box arrived with one hole on the side and it appears wet. I took pics and im sending them to DDM. I opened the box and the item appear to not have any damage. Take a look:

Last edited by JayTA98; 07-30-2011 at 04:50 PM.

Mean Black
    1998 Trans Am

Now I checked their site and it mentions to contact them if there is damage to the box. They dont work on weekends. I opened the box already so I decided to test everything before hooking it up.

Everything tested good. Damm these bulbs are bright. I started to install everything and I noticed the bulbs that go in the low beams don't look like the are sealing tight. They came with dark blue gaskets. they included an extra set of red ones which are ticker. I switch those out but when I slide the bulb in I can feel move it slightly from side to side before I twist it in the headlight. If I compare the bulbs with the OEM ones you can see the HIDs are a little smaller. Once I twist the bulb it stays in place no problem but I wonder if is really sealing the bulb... The fogs sealed fine.

The install went good no major issues. I'm not sure if I messed up or not but I cut away the rubber grommet for the low beams. It didn't look like it will seal anything but after the bulb was installed I can see it might repel some water. Does anyone else cut the grommet off like I did? I didnt cut the grommets for the fogs.

We have HIDs!!

All finished:

Last edited by JayTA98; 07-30-2011 at 04:52 PM.

Bat mobile black
    2000 Trans am WS6 M6

looks great.. good thing theyre water proof lol. Maybe you can get a set of free ones from the damaged box. that is some bullshit.

Mean Black
    1998 Trans Am

damm these are bright. i just drove back home for like 30 mins and it was even kinda bothering my eyes a bit. I guess ill get used to it.

Mean Black
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Lunatikgixxer View Post
    looks great.. good thing theyre water proof lol. Maybe you can get a set of free ones from the damaged box. that is some bullshit.
    I'm sending them an email with pics.

Black
    00 camaro ss M6 #6695

whats the temp on those? look brighter than mine..
    how much they cost?

Mean Black
    1998 Trans Am

35w 6000k. $45 each kit + shipping.

Mean Black
    1998 Trans Am

anyone that installed these removed the rubber grommet that I mention? is the two pics after the ballasts pic.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information