Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree27Likes

Darren's 2000 Trans Am WS6 thread!

This is a discussion on Darren's 2000 Trans Am WS6 thread! within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Time for a little update. Nothing much has changed. Life events have slowed my ideal plans some but I have ...

Silver Metallic
    2000 Trans Am WS6

First update 2016!

Time for a little update. Nothing much has changed. Life events have slowed my ideal plans some but I have new photos and did get some decals. Some black overlays from WS6Store, along with silver center taillamp overlays. They look great and I love the looks.

I also did a convenient mod, sun visor deletes. Mine were wrinkled and saggy, the passenger one would fall down forward if I braked hard. They had to go. I have a windshield tint visor anyways. $30 for the black block-off plates via eBay.

The issue I had before hand. LOL at my face in the rear view mirror.

This is what happened under hard braking.

Away with you.

MUCH better!

Now for some general pics.

2000 Trans Am WS.6 M6

SLP lid & bellow w/ K&N, GMMG catback w/ Corsa Clones, UMI SFC, UMI Adj. Panhard, UMI Adj. TQ arm w/ relocation kit, Eibach prokit, Bilstein HDs, Nitto NT555s, skip shift elim, whiteface overlays, 20% tint, matte black decal/overlays

Silver Metallic
    2000 Trans Am WS6

I have always adored these cars shapes and curves. Like a fine model.

Oh yeah, my antenna quit working...

My center taillamp bird lost a couple feathers. I got it on the right angle with the pressure washer. I have a feeling I should have prepped that panel better anyways, but greatfully WS6store is sending me a replacement, and this time around I requested specifically the larger Trans Am font like the '99 30th/'02 CETA have. Should look great!!

Thatís enough photo-bombing. Hope you all enjoyed!
    Last edited by DarrenWS6; 05-14-2016 at 08:22 PM.
    5150 likes this.

Silver Metallic
    2000 Trans Am WS6

I bought a used Ws6store short stick and a black shift knob with the Firebird logo on it used for $30 shipped. Otherwise those would be about $60, not bad for a more comfortable arm position and a knob for astetics. I put it in, re-used the bolts that were with the factory shifter with intent to buy longer ones later.

First complaint, the ball when fully tightened did not line up correctly.

I tried stuffing an assortment of nuts and washers that would clear the gauge of the knob. Finally a lock washer worked perfectly.

On there planted solid with zero play.

Now the problem with re-using the factory bolts came up. One day I ended up pulling the shifter right out shifting into 2nd in an intersection. My buddy and I, along with a fellow motorist ended up pushing it into a parking lot. Luckily I was wise enough to keep the factory hurst and the wrenches inside the car. We limped it to Lowes, and bought size 30 m1x bolts, lock washers, and nylon end nuts. I doubt it will come off again.

Feels much better and stronger bolted in properly also. I like it.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/a little mods...

Hmmm I have the same knob and mine had no issues like you.

I wonder if it's the short stick that has the issue. What brand?

Silver Metallic
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    Hmmm I have the same knob and mine had no issues like you.

I wonder if it's the short stick that has the issue. What brand?
    Must be. It's this exact stick.
    http://www.ws6project.com/user_stor/...6-short-stick/

I was going to get the UMI one but this one was for sale cheap.

Navy Blue Metallic

What's funny for me is I have the Lou's short stick and I'm looking at getting the UMI piece. I keep banging my knuckles when I shift. It's a little too short for me.

Silver Metallic
    2000 Trans Am WS6

What's funny for me is I have the Lou's short stick and I'm looking at getting the UMI piece. I keep banging my knuckles when I shift. It's a little too short for me.
    This one is comfortable to me. I have long arms. It's not very short and low but not OE high. Nothing much to compare it to though. I don't know if I could manage one of those curved/tilted shifters though. But I do like this one other than the 1/4 too much thread it has.

Silver
    1999 Trans-Am, 2012 Sonic

I have the UMI unit and love it....
    99 Trans Am, SLP Lid, Blackwing filter, smooth bellow, Ported TB, LS6 intake, Ws6 lower ram air box, OBX LT's, Magna Flow cat back, LS7 clutch, Tick MC, Hurst Shifter, Frost Tune, UMI SFC,LAC, STB, PB, Torq Arm, Super Hawk hood, Torq Thrust II, Kee Audio.
    Strange S60 4:10's, D&S Rotors, S/S Brake Lines.
    Nitto NT05R Track Tire's, 12.7 @ 108 / 1.82 60'
    Wish list.
    Coil overs, Heads & Cam

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

We're going to introduce Darren and his wallet to UMI next weekend.
    SMWS6TA and kingls1 like this.

Navy Blue Metallic

All I need left from UMI is the K Member, upper and lower A arms.
    http://www.ls1.com/forums/f7/my-6-liter-build-174257/

http://www.ls1.com/forums/f8/my-8-8-rear-build-165553/

6.0L Block - Forged 403 built, breaking it in , Polluter Stg3 Cam, FAST 102mm Intake, NW102 TB, MSD wires, NGK TR6 plugs, Truck Coil Packs, LS3 Fuel Injectors, CC Pacesetter LT Headers, TS&P ORY, QTP e-Cutout, Magnaflow Muffler, 104mm Air Lid & Line Lock, Catch Can, Stage 2 T56 w/Viper shaft, PRO 5.0 Shifter, Tick MC, Monster Stg 4 Clutch, QT SFI BH, MWC DSL, UMI: SFC, PHB, LCA's, LCA Relocation Brackets & TA, Hotchkis Springs (1" Drop), YR1 Snowflake Wheels wrapped in NT555 tires & Custom Fab Ford 8.8 rear w/4.10 Yukon Gears, WSQ Hood, 3"CM Strange Eng Drive Shaft.

Horsepower never lies, but is often lied about!

Silver
    1999 Trans-Am, 2012 Sonic

That reminds me I have to order my tourqe arm relocation bracket for them to bring along........I will take him over to show him how easy it is to preorder and save $$$$
    pajeff02 likes this.

Silver Metallic
    2000 Trans Am WS6

An adjustable Panhard bar and 2 point subframe connectors are definitely on my list. Hopefully nothing more haha!

Silver Metallic
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    We're going to introduce Darren and his wallet to UMI next weekend.
    And it went well! 2 point subframe connectors ( bolt in ) and the on-car adjustable panhard bar. Along with 2 new tires and a shirt I enjoy.

Little update on my Trans Am.

I have had rattling shot sounding sail panel speakers. I took the grills off in my boredom one day and was surprised to find aftermarket speakers in there, and both were missing one screw and clip. A quick Lowes visit took care of that. The OEM sail panels are 2ohm, so I am wondering if 4ohm being in there is alright.

Me and my lady friend ended up putting my lowering pieces in the car. Bilstien HD shocks and Eibach Prokit springs. I put the rear shocks in for fun one evening. Drove it and it felt firmer but nice.

Next we swapped the rear springs out, Cali lean style. The rear end hopped like crazy going down a straight rode. So we moved onto the fronts. Clean easy install with the side note of pulling the master cyl reservoir off to get to the one T-40 bolt.

Looking good! A bit too low in the front however. I love the height of the rear. Perfect gap. I hate how it rides though. Aside of the hopping rear itís a bit too firm for leisurely driving. I donít know if I will keep it for good though. May switch back to stock and go the Strano springs route at minimum. Koni shocks would be nice also. I also donít want to have to do the torque arm just yet.

Not sure if I posted and updated photo of the 2002 CETA style center taillamp overlay. I love it.

I put the panhard bar in one evening and spent some time measuring. I believe I got it lined up nicely with the body. The rear feels like it is in one dedicated place now. Much smoother and more controlled. It eliminated a little bit of the hopping too. Not much, but a little.

I also know my passenger side jack stand was not properly placed. Not sure how that happened nor am I sure how I missed it. Safety first folks.
    pajeff02 likes this.

Silver Metallic
    2000 Trans Am WS6

It's been a long time since I have updated!

PaJeff and I last year got all of my suspension taken care of. So last update I lowered the car, and did the panhard bar. After that, I got the 2-point subframe connectors in, adjustable torque arm & relocation kit, also put a poly trans mount in ( no shudder/vibrations ).

The car feels good, all that is left is lower control arms with relocation brackets.

Also did the Jeep bump stops due to breaking the passenger rear one. I had weird rear-end hopping after lowering the car, people tell me the bump stops that were in my car weren't stock and were too long. The hop was eliminated after this.

Random photos.

Silver Metallic
    2000 Trans Am WS6

And a couple doctored up photos.

Hopefully this year the longtube headers can go in. I have been itching to but it seems money is never saved lately. I also hope to do brakes, the brakes fade awfully even from 80mph.

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Looking good. Someday we'll have to tackle your next upgrade.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information