Red
    2002 Trans Am WS-6

Custom CENTER CAPS???

Got a red 02 WS6 and got some awesome black C6 Z06 wheels from OE Wheels. The only problem is the vette emblem in the center cap. Does anyone know how to get a custom center cap?

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Might contact a sponsor on here:

http://ls1.com/forums/member.php?u=56745

Black
    2002 Firehawk

Do you mean you have aftermarket replicas that do not have the emblem in the middle? My last bird I had replica 18" C6 wheels and put the vinyl stick on ones, I think this is where I got them and they were great. never had a problem with them falling off or cracking, you wouldn't have been able to tell if they were OEM or not. I first tried to find center caps and had no luck. A lot cheaper too I imagine. Here is a pic of before and after.

Last edited by pajeff02; 02-01-2011 at 06:15 PM. Reason: Deleted non-sponsor link.

Red
    2002 Trans Am WS-6

Quote Originally Posted by TX02TRANSAM View Post
    Do you mean you have aftermarket replicas that do not have the emblem in the middle? My last bird I had replica 18" C6 wheels and put the vinyl stick on ones, I think this is where I got them and they were great. never had a problem with them falling off or cracking, you wouldn't have been able to tell if they were OEM or not. I first tried to find center caps and had no luck. A lot cheaper too I imagine. Here is a pic of before and after.
    Click for full size
    Click for full size
    The wheels I have have the Vette Symbol on the cap but I want to put a bird or WS6 logo on it

Red
    98 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by peteyp22 View Post
    The wheels I have have the Vette Symbol on the cap but I want to put a bird or WS6 logo on it
    I ran into a simular issue with the rims im working on for my car. THey had a crappy design on the center cap, so i sanded the center cap down, im gonnna paint them when i paint the rims, and now i have some center cap decals coming. Im trying this one company on ebay i found. THey sell any size center cap size with almost any color birds and/or background OR no back ground at all. I have some woth a red bird emblem and a black background to go with the rims im about to have painted black when the weather gets warmer out. Ill put some pics up when they get in to show the quality. they were only $10 or so so if they look like crap, not much money lost, but if they look good then well worth it. I think ill clear coat on top of them when i paint so i can protect them and seal them better on the rim.

Red
    2002 Trans Am WS-6

Quote Originally Posted by JoshuaGrooms83 View Post
    I ran into a simular issue with the rims im working on for my car. THey had a crappy design on the center cap, so i sanded the center cap down, im gonnna paint them when i paint the rims, and now i have some center cap decals coming. Im trying this one company on ebay i found. THey sell any size center cap size with almost any color birds and/or background OR no back ground at all. I have some woth a red bird emblem and a black background to go with the rims im about to have painted black when the weather gets warmer out. Ill put some pics up when they get in to show the quality. they were only $10 or so so if they look like crap, not much money lost, but if they look good then well worth it. I think ill clear coat on top of them when i paint so i can protect them and seal them better on the rim.
    Thanks man please lemme know the progress, Im thinking about doin a red bird too have the red TA so eager to see it!

Red
    98 Trans Am

as soon as they get in i'll post some pics up

bright red
    1999 trans am

red bird should look good. i was thinking about reflective red.

Red
    98 Trans Am

Got my center cap decals. Mine are red with black background but it looks like you can get them without background to have just the bird decal.
    ill post some pics up tomorrow. Ill probably clear coat them to protect them a little when i ut them on the rims.

Red
    98 Trans Am

Heres a pic i owed. Its alittle fuzzy due to transfer tape on top of the actual decal to put it on the center cap with out scratching the decal itsself. and i used my phone instead of my good camera.

black
    2002 Firehawk Convertible

I also have the C6 Z06 rims on my car (chrome), I didnt want the vette center caps either so I purchased a set that had no logo on them from a company called "west coast corvettes", fit perfectly with no issues

Ralley Red/Black Top
    2000 Camaro SS, 2006 GTO

where do you get the decals I want some chevy emblems for my other Camaro Caps

Red
    2002 Trans Am WS6 (M6)

I had some exactly like the firebird ones pictured from brent franker. If you search either here or google you should find him - don't remember his site right now. Great work from him- had them on my original wheels.

Red
    98 Trans Am

center cap decals will be on soon. Just waiting on paint to cure and clear coat. Then the decal goes on. Pics will be up soon.

Thread Information