Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
Like Tree4Likes

cracked door panels ?

This is a discussion on cracked door panels ? within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Its sounds like you covered all the bases and then some. The only thing I would suggest is to apply ...

silver
    '02 Firebird Formula

Its sounds like you covered all the bases and then some. The only thing I would suggest is to apply a protectant to the panels come spring, I hear Meguiars Natural Shine with UV Protectant is good, right Patrick.

Black / White
    '00 T/A M6/'15 Hemi Truck

Quote Originally Posted by 024mula View Post
    Its sounds like you covered all the bases and then some. The only thing I would suggest is to apply a protectant to the panels come spring, I hear Meguiars Natural Shine with UV Protectant is good, right Patrick.
    Yep! Gotta keep the plastic in good shape...little bit of love can go a long way.

Think of that plastic like your skin...go running around without sunscreen and what happens? It burns and cracks and gets worn out over time.
    2000 Black TA M6 - LT's, ORY, UMI Short Stick, TT2's, Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Braided Lines, and Tuned by Vengeance SCCA and Car Show Approved
    2015 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Sport Premium Hemi
    2010 Hemi Crew Cab Sport Premium - Tuner and HID's - Sold
    06 Quad Cab HHHHemi - Sold
    99 Hugger Orange Camaro - Sold
    97 Camaro - Sold

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by theorangeguy View Post
    Yep! Gotta keep the plastic in good shape...little bit of love can go a long way.

Think of that plastic like your skin...go running around without sunscreen and what happens? It burns and cracks and gets worn out over time.
    Except your skin renews itself every 28 days. Fun facts
    It's on jackstands.

Black / White
    '00 T/A M6/'15 Hemi Truck

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by theorangeguy View Post

Except your skin renews itself every 28 days. Fun facts
    Damage is done tho...like cancer for instance...

black
    02 TransAm Ramair WS6

I worked on my old -cracked all the way thru- door panels today. Not sure if they're going to turn out good or not. I did everything everybody suggested but it seems there is always going to be that tell-tale crack. They were really wide and it was hard to get them to come back together and stay while the adhesive dried. Tomorrow will tell for sure. I'm just glad I was able to land some nice ones to put in the car. I'm not sure what I'm gonna do with them once I get them fixed ... just something to do while I'm winter-bored.
    I have a replacement sail panel I got off a white '95 bird to swap out my ugly-ass bubbled up one. Has anyone done that job yet? I know i have to get it painted and the old one off (somehow - I guess I can just rip it off since it ain't no good). Is there like an adhesive/glue strip kit to secure it back down with. ..anyone?

silver
    '02 Firebird Formula

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmTerry View Post
    I worked on my old -cracked all the way thru- door panels today. Not sure if they're going to turn out good or not. I did everything everybody suggested but it seems there is always going to be that tell-tale crack. They were really wide and it was hard to get them to come back together and stay while the adhesive dried. Tomorrow will tell for sure. I'm just glad I was able to land some nice ones to put in the car. I'm not sure what I'm gonna do with them once I get them fixed ... just something to do while I'm winter-bored.
    I have a replacement sail panel I got off a white '95 bird to swap out my ugly-ass bubbled up one. Has anyone done that job yet? I know i have to get it painted and the old one off (somehow - I guess I can just rip it off since it ain't no good). Is there like an adhesive/glue strip kit to secure it back down with. ..anyone?
    Yes there is an adhesive. Luckily I never had to do this, but this guy has....
    sailpanal replacement ( do it yourself ) - LS1TECH

You should start a New Post on this you should get more answers on this.

Hey I'm new here. I have a 99 TA and my driver side door panels plastic peice that holds the window and unlock buttons is completely off it broke and fell off I tried everything to put it back. Anyou suggestions?

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by Rafaeldelagehtto View Post
    Hey I'm new here. I have a 99 TA and my driver side door panels plastic peice that holds the window and unlock buttons is completely off it broke and fell off I tried everything to put it back. Anyou suggestions?
    Have you tried getting a new part online or at a GM dealership?

https://www.yearone.com/Product/1982-02-firebird/dbp94
    Last edited by INMY01TA; 06-29-2015 at 06:33 PM.

Does anyone know if the older door panels from say a 95-97 Trans am will fit my 1998?

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

LinkBacks (?)

1. 02-02-2014, 07:43 AM
  2. 12-02-2012, 01:50 PM
  3. 10-14-2012, 06:42 PM
  4. 03-07-2012, 06:52 AM
  5. 10-21-2011, 09:02 AM
  6. 09-04-2011, 02:57 PM

Thread Information