Results 1 to 8 of 8

could I do this?

This is a discussion on could I do this? within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Well I am about to swap out the loudmouth exhaust for borla!!! Now I am thinking headers and a Y ...

  1. #1
    Senior Member clg82's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    California
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,453
    2000 Trans Am

    could I do this?

    Well I am about to swap out the loudmouth exhaust for borla!!! Now I am thinking headers and a Y pipe. What is the best headers setup for borla exhaust? Do i need to replace the Y pipe? And where do I buy them at (headers)? Also can I install it myself? thanks for the help

  2. #2
    Rice Killa JwMonE99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Myrtle Beach
    Age
    27
    Posts
    5,561

    Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

    What exactly are you replace? Just the muffler and tips? I don't think you would need to change anything, and yes you can do it yourself if you know what your doing. Just make sure you havent driven the car in a while because it will be HOTTT!!!
    BTW try to get a before and after video. I love the sound of the borla

  3. #3
    Senior Member clg82's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    California
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,453
    2000 Trans Am

    Quote Originally Posted by JwMonE99 View Post
    What exactly are you replace? Just the muffler and tips? I don't think you would need to change anything, and yes you can do it yourself if you know what your doing. Just make sure you havent driven the car in a while because it will be HOTTT!!!
    BTW try to get a before and after video. I love the sound of the borla
    i want to replace the headers, with stainless steel ones do you think i could do it myself?
    2000 Arctic White trans am, ws6 hood, ws6 air box, slp lid, slp smooth bellows, slp loudmouth exhaust,shift kit, rebuilt trans, LS6 intake, 3.73 gears, Shaner S3 p/p throttle body, and a tune . SFC. C6 ZO6 rims 18" in back 17" in front. Drilled and slotted rotors.

  4. #4
    Senior Member clg82's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    California
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,453
    2000 Trans Am

    Ttt

  5. #5
    NY Representative Vertiviper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    552

    Red
    99 Trans Am, M6

    Quote Originally Posted by clg82 View Post
    i want to replace the headers, with stainless steel ones do you think i could do it myself?
    Stainless...either ARH or Kooks..they are both great but ARHs fit better and have a much better Y-pipe merge..not knocking Kooks.

    To install them u need lots of patience and some tall jackstands....medium mechanical ability is needed.

  6. #6
    Team Skeet Captain JHayesLS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Winter Garden, FL
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,061

    Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

    Vertiviper knows his shit man. I'd trust his word he helped me kill the drone in my car!

    QTP is also a nice header set up

  7. #7
    Senior Member clg82's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    California
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,453
    2000 Trans Am

    Quote Originally Posted by Vertiviper View Post
    Stainless...either ARH or Kooks..they are both great but ARHs fit better and have a much better Y-pipe merge..not knocking Kooks.

    To install them u need lots of patience and some tall jackstands....medium mechanical ability is needed.
    if i got new headers and a y pipe would i need a tune?

  8. #8
    Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Age
    36
    Posts
    21,719

    My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

    Quote Originally Posted by JwMonE99 View Post
    What exactly are you replace? Just the muffler and tips? I don't think you would need to change anything, and yes you can do it yourself if you know what your doing. Just make sure you havent driven the car in a while because it will be HOTTT!!!
    BTW try to get a before and after video. I love the sound of the borla
    i got your before and after right here:



    Clg82, send a pm to FRCBobby and he'll hook you up. tell him I sent you. He's from Kentucky Speed, an ls1 site sponsor

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •