Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: cop hp?

Dreaming of an LS1 senior gomez's Avatar

Teal
    91 teg (stock,notmodding)

cop hp?

hey i got my first ticket today and i was just wondering, i know some of you are cops, what kinda power are yall packin in those vics? jw

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

the 4.6 in the crown vic is rated at 239 horsepower. <<< ford guy but not a cop.

Big Nasty

Artic White
    1998 Trans Am

I've got a brother and a friend that are cops. They both admit that my TA would leave them in the dust. Tough (and stupid) to outrace a radio.
    98 TA LS1/M6........79 Formula 400/TH400
    "I got the shakes that'll make you quake! I got the fries that'll cross your eyes! I got that burgers that'll... I just got burgers." - Cheeseburger Eddie

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

yea what he said, you're never as fast as the radio or a chopper in most cases

sad that catching a fast car is more important than peoples lives!

BLACK
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by 310stanger
    the 4.6 in the crown vic is rated at 239 horsepower. <<< ford guy but not a cop.
    Any difference between this and the "POLICE INTERCEPTOR" package?

Red
    99 Trans Am, M6

...unless they are in the Camaro cruisers..or better yet, i recenlty returned from europe, LAMBO'S! I s#$% you not!

Cyclone Grey Metallic
    2006 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by mbrownin
    No, not hp wise. They just add additional equipment for safety and police use and replace some parts with heavy duty ones.

Cyclone Grey Metallic
    2006 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by mbrownin
    No, not hp wise. They just add additional equipment for safety and police use and replace some parts with heavy duty ones.

maple red metalic
    2000 TRANS AM WS6

Quote Originally Posted by senior gomez
    hey i got my first ticket today and i was just wondering, i know some of you are cops, what kinda power are yall packin in those vics? jw

im in the same boat as you,"senior gomez",.. except i have you beat by one,..
    i was pulled over on tues, for a stop sign violation, and ticketed,.. then pulled over again on wed. for speeding,.. but lucked out, and the officer let me go with a fine only,.. and no points on my license.
    plus i was ticketed 1 year ago, for 65 plus in a 45 mph zone ...OUCH THAT ONE HURT!

SILVER
    2002 WS6 CONV

the interceptor is just a sign for options, our 05's have bigger rears, dual exhaust, k9 springs and shocks...while the 05 handles better (the wheel base has been widened)and with the bigger rear take offs are better, but the 4.6 is the biggest piece of ......well you get the idea...still fun to drive though, they do real well on pursuits...

Crown Vic

The Crown Vic is awful... It is a slow piece... Like the guy said in the previous post the "police intercepter" does nothing for horsepower... The best police car I have ever driven is a 1996 Caprice... now thats a pursuit car there...

red
    04 pontiac gto

Quote Originally Posted by YoMommasTA
    sad that catching a fast car is more important than peoples lives!
    no not sad when someone decides they wanna blow by the speed limit and then loose control of there car and take out an innocent person.im not sticking up for any cops i have had my share of speeding tickets,now it doesnt make sense to go 40 mph over the posted speed limit or whatever.i know you have all that power at the touch of the gas pedal just use it wisely.i was a victim before and it almost cost me my life.all because someone decided they wanted to show off how fast they can go.....think before you act

Silver
    1998 WS6 M6

Radio diden't catch me.

yeah its not hard to dip off an exit after you get out of sight

maple red metalic
    2000 TRANS AM WS6

Quote Originally Posted by firebird99
    no not sad when someone decides they wanna blow by the speed limit and then loose control of there car and take out an innocent person.im not sticking up for any cops i have had my share of speeding tickets,now it doesnt make sense to go 40 mph over the posted speed limit or whatever.i know you have all that power at the touch of the gas pedal just use it wisely.i was a victim before and it almost cost me my life.all because someone decided they wanted to show off how fast they can go.....think before you act
    i must admit,.. i agree,.. even though ive been pulled over twice in a week., i know i was wrong,.. and i certainly know what speed can do,. ive lost enough friends in my past,.. im not making excuses for my speeding, but growing up in a family of stock car drivers probably didnt help. my dad was state champion numerous times,..
    but in all honesty,.. i dont want my 15 yr old son thinking its ok to break the law just to see if you make your car go fast,.. its not worth it,.. and im scared to death of the day he starts driving,... he has too many of my traits,..
    i did not let him know that an officer let me go with a fine,.. because i dont want him thinking this is the way cops are,.. because,.. they definately are not,.. they'll come down hard a new driver thats speeding or otherwise,.. at here they would.

BLACK
    1999 Trans Am WS-6

Quote Originally Posted by Vertiviper
    ...unless they are in the Camaro cruisers..or better yet, i recenlty returned from europe, LAMBO'S! I s#$% you not!
    What country? , i think only Italy have some lambos.

Yellow
    2011 Dodge Challenger

I have a 2000 Formula and a 2003 Police Interceptor! The Interceptor is no slouch! The interceptors do have a little bit more horsepower than the standard Crown Vic's! But a Police Interceptor isn't gonna put 2 car lengths on a Crown Vic LX or anything like that. The interceptors just have a few more options for hooking up equipment, a rubbery, plastic flooring, bucket style police seats, and different things like that. Just a tap bit more horse and a couple options. Overall, it's a great vehicle and does have some pick up and go!

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

I know that some police are going to get the Charger vehicals . Wonder what they will be like??

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by snaggeltooth
    I know that some police are going to get the Charger vehicals . Wonder what they will be like??
    They will be beautiful

Thread Information