Navy Blue
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Considering selling 2000 WS6

I've had my 2000 WS6 Trans Am for almost 8 years. I have a little over 150,000 miles on it, and had planned to keep it until it no longer runs. My daughter is going to start driving soon, and I am working on a plan to buy her a car. I recently had an expensive repair on my car (the power steering cooler was leaking into the radiator, and the crankshaft sensor went out ). The mechanic by-passed the cooler. I also have an oil leak on the manifold and the car needs rear brakes. Recently, I noticed a strange sound when over 4000 or so RPM's in 2nd gear. Otherwise, the car still looks good and runs strong. Anyway, I was considering buying a new car (maybe a Challenger?), and selling the TA (which I hate to do, I love the car) to raise cash to buy her car. I test drove both the new Camaro (didn't like it) and the Challenger (I did like it, but it's still not as great of a car as the TA, IMO). I could also keep my car and purchase something for her on payments. Anyway, I'm looking for some input on the life span of the Trans Am. I've taken good care of it, no racing - always use Mobile 1. It is cosmetically nice, and has been garaged the entire time. I bought it from an older adult in 2004 when it had 30,000+ miles on it. It was like brand new. The trade off for what these are selling for doesn't seem to equate well with what I can buy for my daughter (this is definitely too much car for her!). Unfortunately, I don't do repairs myself, and I am cash poor at this time - so my concern is that the TA will continue to have issues that I can't afford to fix. Any input would be appreciated. I intend to settle this within the next 2-3 weeks. If I do decide to sell the car, I'll post it here first. I am in SW Florida. Thanks...

Navy Blue
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Update

Just came back from the mechanic. The radiator had been gurgling ferociously since the repair, and today it just kept pushing out the coolant when he took the cap off and tried adding coolant with the car running. He thinks the head gasket(s) is blown. It looks like I will have to sell the car for parts/repair. I'll try it here first, and then maybe E-Bay. I will describe the car as best as possible, and I will post pictures. For someone who wants to fix it, it is still in very nice cosmetic shape (navy blue with the great rims). Even despite these issues, the car was still running very strong. The interior is still pretty nice also. As soon as I get a chance, I will list the car if anyone is interested. Thanks...

white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

you should get a second opinion first

Pewter Silver
    2002 Trans AM WS6

Quote Originally Posted by az gt eater View Post
    you should get a second opinion first
    always
    Magnaflow Quad Tip, Lid, SBellow
    UMI: FTC, FSB, RSB, LCA's, PBAR, SFC's, T-Arm w/relo, D/S Loop
    Kooks LTH, 3" YP, H/F Cats
    Custom Grind Cam, Stall, 3:73 rear