Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4202122232425 LastLast

Compliments from random people about your T/A!

This is a discussion on Compliments from random people about your T/A! within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by SMWS6TA I had a 96 FB in this color......love it. I hate the other "red" color that ...

Red
    02 WS6 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    I had a 96 FB in this color......love it. I hate the other "red" color that 95% have.

It's so rare to see that I was begining to think that it was a one off color.
    I have one of the 95% reds and I love it but I do things to my car that sets it off from the rest that makes it mine but most of it is so small that only I know what they are LOL

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/a little mods...

don't get me wrong, it's just the orange-red that was a popular color just isn't to my taste, everyone has a color they love & hate.

the red maple leaf color just happen to be one of my favorites.

Red
    02 WS6 Trans Am

don't get me wrong, it's just the orange-red that was a popular color just isn't to my taste, everyone has a color they love & hate.

the red maple leaf color just happen to be one of my favorites.
    Yeah I know what you mean that everyone has my color but the Black Red white and silver seem like the colors everyone has that is why I do little things to set mine off from the rest. That is another reason I really like the color you have and the SOM and the puter because they are set away from the norm and make people go "wow did you see that nice looking car" you guys are lucky that way
    Last edited by Obsession; 01-14-2013 at 05:43 PM.

Red
    02 WS6 Trans Am

I put red lugs on my wheels and I have red fade to black tent I put the stainless steel vent covers on and put birds on my valvestems and licence plate crews I also put the metalic silver bird on the sail panel and I get more compliments now then when it was just a Plain red T/A

Maple Red Metallic
    2001 T/A

I had a 96 FB in this color......love it. I hate the other "red" color that 95% have.

It's so rare to see that I was begining to think that it was a one off color.
    Probably one of the reasons I bought it. Besides there only being 24k miles on it when I got it. I also turned it down 4 times before I decided on buying it. Couldn't pass on it for what they offered it to me for.
    35th-AV, you may have seen this car on Schepel Buicks lot on Rt.30 in Crown Point.

Maple Red Metallic
    2001 T/A

Quote Originally Posted by Obsession View Post
    I put red lugs on my wheels and I have red fade to black tent I put the stainless steel vent covers on and put birds on my valvestems and licence plate crews I also put the metalic silver bird on the sail panel and I get more compliments now then when it was just a Plain red T/A
    A very nice looking car Obsession!!
    I had a 93 Z28 in that color. My wife called it "the tomato" because of the loud Red color. Until this T/A, that Z was one of my favs. My ultimate favorite was my 73 Z28/LT Camaro, taken away from me by a drunk driver. Peal white...gorgeous car!!! Had it in the Chevy-Vette Fest in Chicago back in 91.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Nutball View Post
    Probably one of the reasons I bought it. Besides there only being 24k miles on it when I got it. I also turned it down 4 times before I decided on buying it. Couldn't pass on it for what they offered it to me for.
    35th-AV, you may have seen this car on Schepel Buicks lot on Rt.30 in Crown Point.
    When did you pick it up? Not sure how old you are, but my buddy Chris has a red SS and lives in CP.

Red
    02 WS6 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Nutball View Post
    A very nice looking car Obsession!!
    I had a 93 Z28 in that color. My wife called it "the tomato" because of the loud Red color. Until this T/A, that Z was one of my favs. My ultimate favorite was my 73 Z28/LT Camaro, taken away from me by a drunk driver. Peal white...gorgeous car!!! Had it in the Chevy-Vette Fest in Chicago back in 91.
    oh no you had a 73 Z28 My favorate car was my 73 T/A with a 455 SD I had posted pics of it on Show your bird and I was 18 yrs old when I had that. It was taken from me through marrage LOL I have had 4 T/As in my life the 73 was may fav and this 02 is my 2nd I was the only person that had a T/A in high school and I use to get compliments on it all the time
    Last edited by Obsession; 01-14-2013 at 11:35 PM.

RED
    2001 WS6

Have had few comments from I made your car my screensaver,Thanks for giving me the inspration to do that to mine but this last time at Trans am Nats in Dayton a buddy (see him each year!) told me that guy over at Kevin Morgan cars told him to check out the red one over there and it was mine!!! I really like all the different colors and when I went to get mine I was set on black one and seen the red setting next to it and had to have!!!!Had to try to set apart from rest so here she is Keep up the work guys lots of nice rides here and enjoy them all !!!!! and I'll second that on the '73 455 SD always wanted but we could finance this one!!

Black
    2002 Trans am WS6 pkg

I come home at about 11 pm every night. I pull in the garage and my neighbor from across the street yells out "hey come here" i walk over slowly expecting a complaint for being loud but hey says. "Dammit Brendan that car sounds so fucking good I have to hand it to you because I am truely jealous of you. I hear it inside my house every time you start it up. You take care of that thing it's a beauty."

Black
    2002 Trans am WS6 pkg

Not a compliment but I went to sears and I'm leaving and the guy next to me is putting stuff in the trunk of his Prius and I start mine to leave and he says put a muffler on that thing lol. I have two mufflers grumpy old man. I didn't even reply I just left

Maple Red Metallic
    2001 T/A

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    When did you pick it up? Not sure how old you are, but my buddy Chris has a red SS and lives in CP.
    I picked it up around Dec 7th last year. The day after Thanksgiving, I was T-boned on my way to work. My loner car for 2 weeks was a ....believe it or not, a 2013 Camaro Convertible, triple black. But it was the V6. I got the insurance money on the 3rd of Dec, then started looking. As I said, I turned Schepel 4 times. As for my age....got 3 kids, 23, 21, and 13. I'm in my 40's.

Hey Badbird....Incredible looking T/A. Love the detail under the hood! Did you have TS-S (Third Shift Studios) make that WS6 emblem for it?

Hey Blackbird...next time, tell that old guy..."if it's too loud, your too F-in old"

Obsession....That 73 I owned I actually built. Took 1 1/2 years and most of all my free time. Kinda like "Nymph's". I removed that lame 350 and put in a 400-4bolt. We found an old 74 chevy station wagon with a 400 small block- 4 bolt. New cam, heads, intake, Thrush exhaust and in those days...Holley Double-Pumper. Still wish I had it. I was in my mid-twenty's when I did this. After That drunk hit me, I vowed never to build another rod. All those knuckle breaking, pocket-empty'in, wife bitchin, sleepless nights were over!! Now I'd rather pay someone, and only someone who knows just WTF their doing. Which leads to my other question.....
    35-AV who can we trust around here to do the work?
    Last edited by Nutball; 01-15-2013 at 05:11 PM.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/a little mods...

Quote Originally Posted by blackbird0230 View Post
    Not a compliment but I went to sears and I'm leaving and the guy next to me is putting stuff in the trunk of his Prius and I start mine to leave and he says put a muffler on that thing lol. I have two mufflers grumpy old man. I didn't even reply I just left
    I live by this quote

"Every time I pass a Prius, I give a couple of revs to let them know I'm hurting the enviroment!".

Prius owners are some of the worse tools I've ever met.

RED
    2001 WS6

Thanks! And hope everyone was alright from accident and sounds like maybe things looking up for ya! Mine was hit in front and saved it and still working on it. The emblem is from emblempros.Also got asked if front bird lights up and it does. Was going to get some video this year as we go thru #10 of nitrous purging thru Tipp city people are stopping and taking pics and asking for more. Its also lit and vid is old and turned around and better red blast on purge and now lights up bay for night showing! might have to click on vid didn't see arrow

Maple Red Metallic
    2001 T/A

Quote Originally Posted by 01badbird View Post
    Thanks! And hope everyone was alright from accident and sounds like maybe things looking up for ya! Mine was hit in front and saved it and still working on it. The emblem is from emblempros.Also got asked if front bird lights up and it does. Was going to get some video this year as we go thru #10 of nitrous purging thru Tipp city people are stopping and taking pics and asking for more. Its also lit and vid is old and turned around and better red blast on purge and now lights up bay for night showing! might have to click on vid didn't see arrow
    Now I've seen it all. F***in AMAZING! After looking at yours, and most of everyone else here that have replied, I feel I own nothing but a "off the rack" suit. You people own some incredible T/A's and Camaro's.
    to you all!!!

Yes I'm ok after the accident, I just went back to work....Yesterday, as a matter-o-fact
    Last edited by Nutball; 01-15-2013 at 05:50 PM.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

What kind of work are you looking to have done exactly?

Maple Red Metallic
    2001 T/A

What kind of work are you looking to have done exactly?
    I've only been out here in CP for 4 years now. The places I know are far North Suburbs of Chicago. I don't want some average mechanic. Basically someone who knows the LS1 engine. I have someone in Hammond for Exhaust and/or suspension. But it's the engine. Nothing as of right now, but come spring time, there are a few upgrades I'd like to add. All for the LS1.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

All of the one's I know of are probably the same ones you are thinking of then. All of them are in IL; Speed Inc. and Finish Line Performance. Speed Inc being the most popular.

I can put you in touch with the guy who installed my procharger set-up. He is awesome to deal with and his workmanship is impeccable. He lives in Fort Wayne, IN. Frost on here put me in touch with this guy and I have zero regrets using him. He knows LS1's like the back of his hand.

Black
    2002 Trans am WS6 pkg

Just now I'm pulling in the garage and this guy who's buying junk cars on the block says "hey, that sounds healthy, she definitely ain't stock. Sounds like a hemi." Smh

Maple Red Metallic
    2001 T/A

All of the one's I know of are probably the same ones you are thinking of then. All of them are in IL; Speed Inc. and Finish Line Performance. Speed Inc being the most popular.

I can put you in touch with the guy who installed my procharger set-up. He is awesome to deal with and his workmanship is impeccable. He lives in Fort Wayne, IN. Frost on here put me in touch with this guy and I have zero regrets using him. He knows LS1's like the back of his hand.
    Speed Inc. is one of them. As for the guy in Ft. Wayne..OUTSANDING! When the time comes I will definitely be in touch.
    Thanks 35Th

Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4202122232425 LastLast

Thread Information