Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Compliments from random people about your T/A!

This is a discussion on Compliments from random people about your T/A! within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; i was at work today and some guy came in and kept telling me it was a beautiful car,like 7-8 ...

Red
    1999 Trans Am ws.6

i was at work today and some guy came in and kept telling me it was a beautiful car,like 7-8 times in a row and wouldnt stop admiring it...made me feel kinda good since i dont get many compliments just people roling there eyes at me.

Black/Black
    98 WS6/04 Sierra Dmax

I was driving by my house and a little kid pointed and said "hey look its the bat mobile!!" haha made me laugh.

White
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am

I was at the the street races about a month ago getting ready to run and a kid comes up to my window and says " Holly shit, thats a badass Camaro bro". I drive a Trans Am... I asked him if he was sure he belongs down here. He just gave me an odd look.

My brothers g/f kid (4 years old) thinks my car is the coolest thing in the world. He thinks its a real Transformer (Autobot) cuz of the look and how the headlights go up and down, t-tops comes off and so on. Other then thats its your normal comments as "badass car", "beautiful car" ect..

Red
    2000 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by suede View Post
    ive came to the conclusion that they either think that if they can drive it they are proving something to you, versus just being a beef pillow..... oooorrrr the very few who actually appreciate it....
    Quote Originally Posted by T/A98 View Post
    Why is this? I have the same thing. Girls always ask to drive it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironwolf View Post
    all my female friends want to drive it. I tell them "no way"
    You know guys, there are some of us girls out here that actually do enjoy driving! I have a 2000 T/A, my buddy has a 77 & an 80 that he would let me drive any time I wanted. So :P (we're taking both the 77 & 80 to the nationals next year see ya there!)

Red
    2000 Trans Am

I don't think most ppl in Indy give a shite about cars, when I fill up & whatnot most people glace at my car without a second thought. With that said there's more pickup trucks and mustangs around here then anything else...BUT I had an instance today that made me proud...at the gym this lady was with her PT and she was on the treadmill looking out the front windows of the building and told her trainer to "look at that beautiful bright red car in the lot" then she kept going on about how beautiful it was..she had no idea it was mine! (and it was the only red car out there)

Another time back in May I was driving back from St Louis & I passed a big rig with a huge Nascar logo on the trailer. A few minutes later I see him floor it and crawl up right behind me then he kept slowing down & speeding up checkin' out my car. It took me awhile to figure out WTF he was doing..

Sometimes I get weird looks from people once they realize a female is driving a sports car. They do a double take just to make sure what they saw was real.

sold: 1999 firebird
    1998 Trans Am

man forgot about this thread, a fews day ago I went to get an ink cartridge at office depot, while waiting I heard two cashiers talking about the 'awesome red trans am firebird formula" in the parking lot, told them it was mine and turned out one of them at least was a legit car guy, he bought a running/driving, 105k, black, 98 WS6 from a chick with 3 DUIs for $1500 jawdrop.jpg

silver
    2002 ws6 ta convertible

the closest thing i have got to a compliment is when my neighbor said that is one sweet ass car but you got to get rid of the stupid ass hood i almost fell over get rid of my factory ram air hood wtf!!!

Black
    2001 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    I get more eye rolls than anything.
    They are Haters

Bat mobile black
    2000 Trans am WS6 M6

i pulled into the gas station the other night to fill up and the guy that worked there was sweeping up around the lot and he said nice car are u selling it and i said nope never will and he said ok well if u decide to sell it let me know lol.. weirdos

04 Cobra 'vert - M6 mysti
    02 WS6 coupe - A4 red

Quote Originally Posted by CrossJaded View Post
    I don't think most ppl in Indy give a shite about cars, when I fill up & whatnot most people glace at my car without a second thought. With that said there's more pickup trucks and mustangs around here then anything else...BUT I had an instance today that made me proud...at the gym this lady was with her PT and she was on the treadmill looking out the front windows of the building and told her trainer to "look at that beautiful bright red car in the lot" then she kept going on about how beautiful it was..she had no idea it was mine! (and it was the only red car out there)

Another time back in May I was driving back from St Louis & I passed a big rig with a huge Nascar logo on the trailer. A few minutes later I see him floor it and crawl up right behind me then he kept slowing down & speeding up checkin' out my car. It took me awhile to figure out WTF he was doing..

Sometimes I get weird looks from people once they realize a female is driving a sports car. They do a double take just to make sure what they saw was real.
    1. Are you sure he was speeding up to check out the car
    2. I know what you mean about giving double takes. I do it all the time. Half of it is to confirm that it's a woman driving that cool car (yeah sexist I know but we assume any cool car is driven by a guy), the other half is of course to see if she's hot

04 Cobra 'vert - M6 mysti
    02 WS6 coupe - A4 red

I have a guy from India in the office this month, it's his first visit to the US. He hasn't seen most of our cars in person, he really only knows American cars from TV shows or movies. He says there aren't any open top vehicles in India, no t-tops, no convertibles, he's really loving the open top cars. He loves the WS6, keeps asking me to give him a ride back to the hotel so he doesn't have to take the shuttle. I've almost gotten a couple of tickets because he wants me to show him what it can do

black
    '02 trans am ws6

Passed a guy @ WOT one day going to work....he followed me all the way. When I was walking to the gate he finally pulled in and flagged me down. All he had to say is my car, "Sounded like a damn airplane!!" Pretty funny.
    '02 ws6.....mods? nope

Red
    2000 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Schmalgar View Post
    1. Are you sure he was speeding up to check out the car
    2. I know what you mean about giving double takes. I do it all the time. Half of it is to confirm that it's a woman driving that cool car (yeah sexist I know but we assume any cool car is driven by a guy), the other half is of course to see if she's hot
    I'm pretty sure, my hubby was in the passenger seat though..he has been called ma'am before by toll both operators...LMAO

You know. That sort of sexism doesn't bother me! Because in the end most guys seemed impressed that it's a chick driving a real car instead of some mini van or SUV. I was driving my mother in laws 'stang b4 I got my T/A and just before I went to the dealership to get it this random guy in a parking lot complimented me on the 'stang. I was like hah! you should my OTHER car. SO much better!!! Then I started talking about it's specs...I think he got confused! LOL

Pewter
    2002 Trans Am

best think ive had happened to me was right after i left the track, stopped by the mall so the gf could get her work schedual. 2 high school chicks and a guy walked right behind the car as i started it up open cutout. the girls screamed soo loud as the guy feel laughing at them as i was. i love scaring the crap out of the little ones

another time i had an older gent in a viper starring at me while riding next to him. gave each other the thumbs up and head nod as he floored it away

Red
    2000 Trans Am WS.6 M6

Just last night me and my g/f were getting a smoothie, and of course i got the glares first from 3 highschool kids with hair longer than girls. Then as me and my g/f were getting in the car there was a little boy and a little girl in front of my car. I started it up and they both smiled but what really got them is when i flipped the head lights up. they were laughing and smiling and the mom was smiling bc her kids were so excited. Thats the best i have ever seen, pretty cool. cause now that kid is probably gonna get one in like 10 years. or at least try to find the sweet ride with flip up headlights.

I'd been wondering what high-end sports car owners think of us.....

Yesterday a sleazy-looking guy was walking toward me as I approached my TA. "Nice car." "Thanks." I thought he was going to comment on something else. Well, there had been a drought, and now I've gotten compliments from a very diverse group of people.

Red
    2000 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by clovenhooves View Post
    I'd been wondering what high-end sports car owners think of us.....
    They're jealous of our raw American power! LOL The only guy I met that owned a high end sports car was a dude with a forest green Lotus Elise. I don't care what you're tastes are..That is a S.E.X.Y car...Nicest guy too!! Not snobby or pompous at all...Although I know if I had $125k to blow on cars I sure as hell wouldn't buy a European import. I'd start up my own collection of classics! Why have 1 when you can have 10?

Silver
    '02 Trans Am WS-6, 6M

I would have to say the most profound compliment given to my car was in a Bowling Green, Kentucky gas station literally across the street from the Corvette factory. I was fuelling up next to a brand new C-6 convertable when this guy in a Dodge minivan drives up in front of my car and said "I know we build the Corvette here and all, but I still like your car better."

My favorite ones are when I was getting gas a few times in Glen Burnie, Md. and I'd come back from paying for gas and to go fill up the car and theres a dude leaning over on my drivers side window looking at the inside of the car. He was more excited about my WS-6 than the "double-rainbow" guy was with the double-rainbow. It was kinda complimentary and kinda freaky.

Of course, theres always the guy who, "had one just like this, but it had the bigger engine."

Red
    2000 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Whamhammer View Post
    Of course, theres always the guy who, "had one just like this, but it had the bigger engine."
    haha! I love those guys. They tend spew more shit then a dog with diarrhea. Almost every time I go into a parts store & a shop to get work done the guys working ask me if I know whether it's a v6 or 8...as if I don't know my own freakin' car!!! I had a chick once at a scrap yard argue with me that a '00 T/A didn't exist since it wasn't coming up in her system. Then I told her to go look in the parking lot since she didn't believe me. Evidently she didn't want to do that either! biatch! LOL

I also asked a car salesguy once what the HP of an '08 'stang was & he was completely caught off guard. Told me no one has ever asked him that before. I asked him why you would buy a sports car without knowing it's HP?

White
    1998 Trans Am

I always have some.sleazy salesman trying to get me to trade my car in when I was looking at pickups forbade shop vehicle, think they can scam me and then jack the price up to resell it since it only had 60k, probably didn't help that unwashed looking at RAM SRT 10's so they probably though I wanted a performance truck instead. Always get the nice car are you trading it in.
    Having a salesman like that is no surprise when I went to the dealer in 98 I new more about the TA than the people trying to sell it to me. I think it's sad. If you sell Corvettes, Camaro's, Mutangs and Pontiac TA, GTO, or even a G8 most I believe you should at least know the basics for when a real car guy comes to buy one. Just usual stuff like HP, 0-60, things a person would like to ask. I know of I went.to buy a new C6 or Viper my 1st questions to ask would be HP and any performance facts.
    I have been to a dealer in RI I liked that sold Ford cars and also installed performance.mods like superchargers, gears, short throw shifters, and other mods and by having them do the work it didn't void the factory warranty. Plus they always had cool cars like the 95 Corbra R with the 351 and some Saleen mustang, along with a few they built. I remember they had a black 95 5.0 GT with a Vortech brand new in the showroom for sale so you could have a fast car with a warranty. I had always wished they would have had a Pontiac dealer like that in the area, would have loved to have gotten my car with a supercharger works into my monthly payments and have the factory warranty.
    Last edited by RyanJM; 10-17-2010 at 03:40 PM.
    1998 Trans Am 85k miles.
    Bolt ons, MS3 113LSA cam, Circle D Stall, Tune, Modified WS6 style hood, Full Suspension, 6000k HID's, Clear Side Markers w/ Leds, Led 3rd Brake Light and 18" AR Staggered Killer Wheels w/ BFG KDW NT's.- Weekend Toy/DD
    02 Trailblazer -Sold
    09 Ram 1500 CC - Sold
    09 Cobalt SS/TC - Sold
    13 ram 1500 LoneStar CC 4x4 - Magnaflow, K&N,and more to come-DD/Toy

Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread Information