Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Compliments from random people about your T/A!

This is a discussion on Compliments from random people about your T/A! within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; is it going to die? LMAO...

white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

is it going to die? LMAO
    Quote Originally Posted by SiggyZ View Post
    Try roasting your crow. It'll be easier to get down.
    Quote Originally Posted by GTP231 View Post
    I like grilling mine with a nice brown sugar based rub

Black
    2000 T/A WS6

Quote Originally Posted by suede View Post
    Hey man, where'd ya go? tried sendin ya a message the other day
    HAHAH sorry man not trying to avoid ya. Im in Iraq till Feb sometime. Can't wait to get outta here. I look you up when I get back if your gunna be around.

Negro
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by dr_ws6_00 View Post
    HAHAH sorry man not trying to avoid ya. Im in Iraq till Feb sometime. Can't wait to get outta here. I look you up when I get back if your gunna be around.
    lol yup, i got plenty more years of school up there...

Red
    1998 Trans Am WS7

So i was selling my wives 02 mustang v6 when i bought her 03 GT conv. This guy who comes by to buy it for his wife has an 02 gt with cat back and is raving about her new car, my TA is seting right beside her car so i mention the TA was mine and he says, "nice, but that GT will walk all over it"....i was stunded. Not a chance in hell, i said. There heavy and sluggish, i just killed one on the interstate on the way over here. At this point i dont care about selling the car i wanna race this guy. After talking specs and performance traits it was clear this was just another dumb stanger. I urge his to race over and over. He finally agrees, i take him to my run spot where a murdered him, when we stopped he got out floored, staring at the car as if it fell out of the sky, saying how bad ass it was and he didnt expect that result at all. Maybe i converted one.

White
    01 SS Vert

Quote Originally Posted by 13nickels View Post
    So i was selling my wives 02 mustang v6 when i bought her 03 GT conv. This guy who comes by to buy it for his wife has an 02 gt with cat back and is raving about her new car, my TA is seting right beside her car so i mention the TA was mine and he says, "nice, but that GT will walk all over it"....i was stunded. Not a chance in hell, i said. There heavy and sluggish, i just killed one on the interstate on the way over here. At this point i dont care about selling the car i wanna race this guy. After talking specs and performance traits it was clear this was just another dumb stanger. I urge his to race over and over. He finally agrees, i take him to my run spot where a murdered him, when we stopped he got out floored, staring at the car as if it fell out of the sky, saying how bad ass it was and he didnt expect that result at all. Maybe i converted one.
    A guy that dumb and closed minded doesn't deserve an F-Body! I kinda hope he doesn't convert!

White
    99 Pontiac Trans Am #2466

I hope he does convert...he realizes the error of his ways

light pewter metallic
    1999 z28

i raced a guy in a 240sx. exhaust and turbo dont know what else he had. race a couple times from a roll.. and destroyed him from a dig. he came up on me next light and asked what mods i had done, and i said none, im bone stock. i took that as a compliment haha. sorry for intruding on u t/a guys just thoguht it was funny

Red
    '00 TransAm RamAir WS6 M6

I was pulling into a steakhouse, and two older couples stopped while walking toward the front door and I could read their lips....what kind of car is that? I pulled into the parking lot of my church, and people standing outside talking, would all stop, seemingly on cue, and just stare. My wife and I were at a local convenience store the other day, and a guy got out of his truck pulling a gooseneck trailer, and said...man, they don't make 'em like that any more do they? Nice car..... I've had people driving by my house stop, get out of their cars, walk over to me and go on and on about how good looking my car is, almost to the point of making me wonder if they were planning on lifting it!!!! When some people are "overly" enthusiastic about how good looking it is and what it has under the hood, I get suspicious as to their motives....these are strangers doing this. It makes me feel like I do have a collector and one that is still ahead of it's time in the looks department. I had one little boy in my church tell me that when he sees my car, it makes him want to "lick it"!!!! Cherry candy? Red popscicle?? You tell me!!!!

pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by herculesrider1 View Post
    I was pulling into a steakhouse, and two older couples stopped while walking toward the front door and I could read their lips....what kind of car is that? I pulled into the parking lot of my church, and people standing outside talking, would all stop, seemingly on cue, and just stare. My wife and I were at a local convenience store the other day, and a guy got out of his truck pulling a gooseneck trailer, and said...man, they don't make 'em like that any more do they? Nice car..... I've had people driving by my house stop, get out of their cars, walk over to me and go on and on about how good looking my car is, almost to the point of making me wonder if they were planning on lifting it!!!! When some people are "overly" enthusiastic about how good looking it is and what it has under the hood, I get suspicious as to their motives....these are strangers doing this. It makes me feel like I do have a collector and one that is still ahead of it's time in the looks department. I had one little boy in my church tell me that when he sees my car, it makes him want to "lick it"!!!! Cherry candy? Red popscicle?? You tell me!!!!
    I know what you mean about overly enthusiastic people! And that little boy...tooo funny!!!

ble
    02 WS6 Firebird

i pulled into wal-mart one day to pick up some stuff and had my kid in the car with me. we get out of the car and some old man (must have been pushing 80) walks up to me and the conversation goes like this:
    old man: Boy that thing is a monster
    me: yeah she is nice
    old man: fast?
    me: you might say that
    old man: son if i were your age and had a car like that i would be getting all of the girls i could handle
    me: maybe before but married with a kid now
    old man: thats a damn shame with a nice car like that. you could have all of the ladies
    me: maybe

then his wife came over and drug him off. he was mumbling something about a ball and chain and 50 years of mariage and what its cracked up to be. i just stood there laughing while my son was bewildered

Saw a black guy with a cane walking by my car, kind of a foreboding coincidence. He looked possibly homeless/deranged and I thought he was staring at me as I hurried to the car (on my way to get ribs). "What year is it?" (Why don't they ask more original questions.) I answered and figured I should say more, so I lamely asked, "You like it?" As he walked away, "It's great." Next time, instead of fishing for a compliment, I should say, "Sure beats an old Mustang"

sold: 1999 firebird
    1998 Trans Am

all the girls i'm friends with, and every girl i meet has a strange obsession with wanting to drive my car... for obvious non-dumbass reasons i never let them, but it seems like none of my guy friends want to as much... do i have a girl car?

Red
    '00 TransAm RamAir WS6 M6

I was at a Christmas party Monday, Dec. 21st, and when guys are present, sooner or later, the subject of my car comes up. They eventually ask what's under the hood, V6? I chuckle in horror, and when I tell them it's a factory 320hp all-aluminum V8 with a few mods which push it up over 400hp, their eyes get the size of golfballs. Then I tell them it has a six speed manual transmission and they go into cardiac arrest!!!! This one guy joked that he needed to drive it, but in the next breath, answered for me that it WOULD NOT take place! Bet he would have freaked if I would have thrown him the keys.
    My son helped me move from the Knoxville area to the Nashville area and in the process, I needed someone to drive my car being that I was driving the U-Haul with all my earthly possessions in it. He has a facebook account, and on it he has tagged my car on his profile and wrote a little caption about how "insanely fast this beast of a car is". I have had so many people give compliments, it's almost expected now. One thing for sure is this, anyone who appreciates the american muscle car, loves our cars, hands down. Guys and gals seem to appreciate the car about the same, from my experiences. Women come up to me in church and say, "That sure is a pretty car you are drivin!" And this is 60 and 70 year old overweight, gray headed women!!! LOL, too funny! The young ones usually say, "I love your car". But even if NO ONE ever expressed their love for my car, I would still love it and still plan on never selling it....EVER!!!

Gold Member - fadjur
    2002 Trans Am Convertible

I DONT get builtup jap imports or Porsches pulling up the side lane motioning for a race. I think they've all learned their lessen: they just don't mess with an LS1.

Yes - mustang races and other lower-status cars will try to reach up for a race.

2 months ago I was in Boca-Raton (Miami) and Brett Farve motioned for a race as I was turning off to the right off Glades to a side street and he hit the gas in a PA plated black convertible mustang with a borla-type exhaust. would have wasted him. still kicking myself -- would have been worth the ticket.

2002 TA Convertible
    Space Coast FL

sunset orange/ black
    two 2001 ws6 m6

me and my son had my 99 and 02 ws6,s.we pull up to a light one behind the other and this guy came up waivin his arms out the window screamin,at first i thought i did something wrong but then realized he was just trans am crazy !

Yellow
    02 CETA#732

Quote Originally Posted by cold_surfer View Post
    I DONT get builtup jap imports or Porsches pulling up the side lane motioning for a race. I think they've all learned their lessen: they just don't mess with an LS1.

Yes - mustang races and other lower-status cars will try to reach up for a race.

2 months ago I was in Boca-Raton (Miami) and Brett Farve motioned for a race as I was turning off to the right off Glades to a side street and he hit the gas in a PA plated black convertible mustang with a borla-type exhaust. would have wasted him. still kicking myself -- would have been worth the ticket.
    Brett Favre the NFL QB?....I thought he only drove pickup trucks.

black
    2001 Trans Am

i've gotten several "nice car" and thumbs up. i remember one time when i was drivin my 99 i heard someone yelling "hey!" i turned and looked and it was a couple of people in a ford explorer tellin me i had a sweet car. then not too long ago when i was drivin my black '01, i was drivin thru the wal-mart parkin lot, and some black guy was givin me 2 thumbs up. i just smiled and gave the engine a good rev, lol

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 T/A Firehawk M6

I was driving out on Long Island and some girls in the back of an SUV kept hanging out the window and singing to me lol. I tossed a few good pulls to give them a good look and sound of the car. It was fun.

I've been to car shows where ricers have all admired how amazing the car is. Even had one with a modded Evo say he wishes he got one after all he heard about it from me. He thought it was "another dumb straight line muscle car" Then I told him how the Tranny was the same one used in the Aston Martin V-12 Vanquish and that it can pull .93 g's on a skidpad STOCK. So he was like yeah but it's heavy and doesn't have enough hp from it's engine. So i told him how the car curbs around 3390 lbs and that the engine is in fact underrated and is the same LS1 found in vettes pushing 345+ hp stock. finally impressed he said yeah but it would have been too expensive for something that good. So i told him what I paid..... Pretty good bang for the buck these cars eh?

Kids all think I have the batmobile! NY women aren't impressed by it at all.... at least none i've seen.

The compliments are probably the most fun thing about this car aside from driving it!

Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

Guy in a 90's 300 ZX non turbo "man that thing sounds pretty good. You wanna race???" Me: "No thanks." Him: "nice wheels buddy! Too bad you are scared!"

Negro
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

thats where you reply, well how much money you wanna lose?

Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread Information