Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Compliments from random people about your T/A!

This is a discussion on Compliments from random people about your T/A! within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by Sas I had a ricer tell me there's no such thing as a Firehawk the other day... ...

silver
    2002 ws6

Quote Originally Posted by Sas View Post
    I had a ricer tell me there's no such thing as a Firehawk the other day...
    tell him there's no such thing as vtec. it'll crush his world

Resident Mississippian BdAsBrd01's Avatar

Pewter
    2001 Trans Am

I've had two guys in the same town come up and ask me if I'd sell them my car or how much would you take for that car? The answer is: No, I'm not selling it, I worked too damned hard to get it and then we talk about mods and if it's stock, etc... The usual.

The funniest compliment is two little boys about seven years old were riding their bikes in our subdivision and I stopped at a stop sign next to them. They both pulled over to the side and watched me drive by, as I was just past them one of them yelled " I like your car!" I waved out the window and yelled "Thanks dude!" They were both watching me drive away waving and smiling ear to ear.

sold: 1999 firebird
    1998 Trans Am

tonight when i was at sonic an older guy his wife and his buddy pulled in in a 1966 gto, when i was leaving i heard what i think was a 400 sb burst to life and he followed me to a stop light, we yelled our hey's and nice ride's, then the wife sticks her head out from the backseat and says "you can inherit it if you want!" and the driver said "YEAH NOT IF I BLOW IT UP FIRST", the light turned green and he shaved rubber through 3 gears, and i just stared in awe. not really a compliment post but i felt like i had to share.

Black
    2002 Trans am WS6 pkg

My latest compliment was a nice set of boobs on the highway. Not 100% sure it was b/c of the car but awesomely nice

Black
    1999 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by justinmc978 View Post
    tonight when i was at sonic an older guy his wife and his buddy pulled in in a 1966 gto, when i was leaving i heard what i think was a 400 sb burst to life and he followed me to a stop light, we yelled our hey's and nice ride's, then the wife sticks her head out from the backseat and says "you can inherit it if you want!" and the driver said "YEAH NOT IF I BLOW IT UP FIRST", the light turned green and he shaved rubber through 3 gears, and i just stared in awe. not really a compliment post but i felt like i had to share.
    You should have walked his ass!

Probably my best compliment so far from a random onlooker. He literally called my car "badass." Unfortunately, he seemed to be that himself, a young troublemaker - muscle cars easily wow simple folks who don't know their shortcomings. I muttered "thanks" before literally driving right over to the repair shop. If it had been a more respectable-looking type, maybe I'd have tried to make a sale.

midnight blue
    2000 trans am

I was in charlotte at a stop light me and a couple buddies was just riding around, and I heard a revving to the left of me. So I look over and theirs this older guy in a volkswagen revving up at me, and giving me a thumbs up. So I gave him a good rev and dumped the clutch at about 3 grand when the light turned green.

Black
    1998 Trans Am

theres a bar down the street from me that closes at 2am on fridays. So around that time me and a friend cruised down there drove past it first to see how many people were outside(about 40-50) then we came back and i just parked on the road for about 45 seconds so people would look over and wonder what i was doing. Then i light em up through second until continuing the burnout through third down the street. Im sure things both good and bad were being said back there

Custom Swirly Black
    2001 WS6 M6

Almost everyone I talk to, with limited car knowledge, is always amazed at what year it is. They always expect to hear 2005+ or something, always take a step back when I say it's almost a decade old.

Mustang killer

White/ Blue stripes
    1999 30th anniversary

I get compliments all the time , almost to the point of harassment.

had a guy staring at the car so hard, he fell over a curb and busted his ass, my son & i couldn't stop laughing. He was a good sport and laughed with us.

had a lady pull up next to me beeping the other day, i was like WTF ........
    She sceams out the window
    " I LOVE YOUR CAR "

I just waved a thank you

Black
    1999 Firebird TA

My count so far (living in Dubai, in the middle east, owned the TA a few months so far...);

2 guys have tried to buy it when I stopped at garages.
    1 guy told me it was a great car.
    2 small boys I saw stroking it (yes, really!) through the window of a coffee shop I was in.

..and when I walked up to it a couple of days ago, written in the dust on the rear wing (It's black) was "I love your car X"

Hmmm... hope it was a girl that wrote that...

lol

D.

Mustang killer

White/ Blue stripes
    1999 30th anniversary

Remembered another incident .......there's many

at a car show a Arab couple offered me a amount im even to embarrassed to say i " TURNED DOWN "
    Put it this way ........Double + what i payed for it !!!

Now that my friends is a true trans am lover

2011 Prius

Quote Originally Posted by Trans am Chick View Post
    Remembered another incident .......there's many

at a car show a Arab couple offered me a amount im even to embarrassed to say i " TURNED DOWN "
    Put it this way ........Double + what i payed for it !!!

Now that my friends is a true trans am lover
    I would have handed them the title, have them call me.

White
    01 SS Vert

The wife and I had the top down last month on a busy street. Hit stop light after stop light. At the 3rd one, an older couple pulled next to me on the passenger side and the guy, who was probably late 60s, said 'I've owned 2 convertibles in my life, and your car makes me want another one.' I said thank you and about that time the light turned green, so I moved on along. I didn't accelerate very hard, but I did let him hear the LTs, GMMG, and cam though!

He was in a silver Chrysler 300.

Mustang killer

White/ Blue stripes
    1999 30th anniversary

Quote Originally Posted by SHines-IT View Post
    I would have handed them the title, have them call me.
    Conversation never made it to phone numbers .......They hit me a the peak of a good grey goose buzz
    The protective side came out & i said No but thanks anyways.

my man talked to them for awhile and they were serious, At shows i socialize so i wasn't hearing it ........NOW i could just myself..lol

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

I usually get the nice car man. Or the wow, that's super clean. Then I always get the question, what do you think about the new Camaro's?

Since the headers, I get all kinds of remarks on how good the car sounds.

The best compliments are the ones that come from older guys who have a true passion and love for muscle cars and know their shit. These are the people you can actually tell them your mods and they know what you are talking about.

The funniest one was a younger kid with his buddies in an older built Monte Carlo. He pulled up next to me at the light and I look over at him and he says "Holy Fuck, Is that thing fucking loud enough? I heard you driving from a half mile down the road. That is just fucking sick". I smiled and just said, yeah it gets pretty loud when you're behind her.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/a little mods...

This weekend I had my nephews and one of their friends with me. Their friend made the mistake of saying his dad's 08' Mustang seem to accelerate/drive better/faster than my 98' T/A. If I didn't know the kid wasn't being disrepectful I would have put his a$$ on the curb right there. I politely told him I not trying to get a ticket from the cops that are tailing me. Once they peel off and go after some ricer that blew past us and I got on a clear road. I slow down to a stop, then asked can your Dad's 'stang do this. Dropped the clutch, burned out through 1st, chirpped 2nd, let off as I shift to 3rd. I looked back in the mirror, kid was white as a ghost, He politely retracted his statement and said he will tell his dad he wants a T/A instead of the Mustang his dad was going to get him. Now we have a new convert

01' Firebird Pewter
    98' Trans Am Black

Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    This weekend I had my nephews and one of their friends with me. Their friend made the mistake of saying his dad's 08' Mustang seem to accelerate/drive better/faster than my 98' T/A. If I didn't know the kid wasn't being disrepectful I would have put his a$$ on the curb right there. I politely told him I not trying to get a ticket from the cops that are tailing me. Once they peel off and go after some ricer that blew past us and I got on a clear road. I slow down to a stop, then asked can your Dad's 'stang do this. Dropped the clutch, burned out through 1st, chirpped 2nd, let off as I shift to 3rd. I looked back in the mirror, kid was white as a ghost, He politely retracted his statement and said he will tell his dad he wants a T/A instead of the Mustang his dad was going to get him. Now we have a new convert
    i lold

ArtistFormerlyKnownAsMac Silver Streak's Avatar

All Black
    83, 87, 02 All WS6 T/As

Prob about a month or so ago.. I was early for an appt, so I parked the car on the side of the road and let the car idle.. had a prob 70+ y/o guy walk up to the car from the front.. and started to slow down as he was starting to pass it and staring... then when he reached the rear quarter he stopped and turned around staring at the bumper area... started nodding his head and smiling.. Had to have been doing that for a good 3 or 4 minutes before he looked into the window and smiled.. then continued off...

But then today I had a co-worker walk up and ask if it was my rental.. I said Does this LOOK like a rental car??? He said, "Yeah, its a GTO right?"

But its fun driving past kids, they just stare and wave.
    -Geno
    1983 Black WS6 "WindCharger"
    1987 Black WS6 "WS87"
    2002 Black WS6 "Silver Streak"
    Sold the other four f-bodies

ArtistFormerlyKnownAsMac Silver Streak's Avatar

All Black
    83, 87, 02 All WS6 T/As

Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    Lol.. nice!

Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread Information