Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

is this color rare? or repaint?

This is a discussion on is this color rare? or repaint? within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Black is the fastest color....

Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

Black is the fastest color.

Orig Regist: 9/98

Black
    1998 Trans Am WS6 'Vert

Quote Originally Posted by jiveass View Post
    so no mrm in 02?
    MRM was never available w/ WS6.

Johnny B - '98 "Triple Black" WS6 Convert, M6, All Options, ASC #3030 (1 of 50)
    KBDDSFC, DGM C/F Tonneau, MTI C/F Lid, K&N, HPP-III, 160 T-stat, Pro 5.0
    Link to Firebird Production Breakdowns

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Ah okay. The list I found was pretty short with the names of the colors.

It just said "blue" (which I assume is Navy Blue Metallic)
    It just said "sunset" which should be sunset orange metallic, and so on.

For red it just said,,,,well,,,,,red I guess it could be Maple Red Metallic I'm betting though it's more than likely just plain ole' red.
    in 01 Camaro had (28U) NBM, and (79U) Mystic teal.. Not sure if the birds had the teal.. I don't think I've seen an (44U) MMM Monterey Maroon Metalic either as far a rareties go.. My 01 build sheet does'nt show any silver Camaro's for 01.. I like the silver on the Bird.
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'12 Silver SS 1SS
    '00 Black SS #8617

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyBs98WS6Rag View Post
    Thats a factory color, available '95-'00 and '02 (not sure why it wasn't available in '01). Not as common as red or black, not nearly as rare as purple or gold. About the same as white.

Check link in sig for breakdown.
    damn man, where were your links 6 months ago!? back in March I sold my '95 TA hardtop, 6spd in black, that running the breakdown ends up being 1 of 3 from '95!! if i had known that, i would have asked way more...

now, my '98 TA Ws6, 6spd, NBM, is 1 of 11 from '98...

makes me wonder how many of both of these cars broken down like that are still on the road today...

Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    That tells you something
    Ya it tells me alot of things, most of which you probably don't want to hear

All kidding aside, I like black, had a couple of black cars in the past. Just too hard to keep nice if you drive it alot. Looks great though if it's buffed and polished, just don't touch it without a cotton cloth. The finest scratches just ruin it. Probably won't stop me from owning another classic car in black though if the opportunity presented itself in the future.

I got more into the obscure colors that weren't seen often anymore several years back, seems on the classic stuff they have come back into popularity now too. I think collectors have gotten tired of the blacks and reds.

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

All kidding aside, I like black, had a couple of black cars in the past. Just too hard to keep nice if you drive it alot. Looks great though if it's buffed and polished, just don't touch it without a cotton cloth. The finest scratches just ruin it. Probably won't stop me from owning another classic car in black though if the opportunity presented itself in the future.

I got more into the obscure colors that weren't seen often anymore several years back, seems on the classic stuff they have come back into popularity now too. I think collectors have gotten tired of the blacks and reds.
    amen to that

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by SSwt00SS View Post
    damn man, where were your links 6 months ago!? back in March I sold my '95 TA hardtop, 6spd in black, that running the breakdown ends up being 1 of 3 from '95!! if i had known that, i would have asked way more...

now, my '98 TA Ws6, 6spd, NBM, is 1 of 11 from '98...

makes me wonder how many of both of these cars broken down like that are still on the road today...
    i dont trust those sites most of the time(the ones that want you to put your vin or rpo codes in) the probability of having a car with the exact same options as you and color etc is extremely high most of the time..i know according to those sites my car is 1 of 1

'12 Silver SS 1SS
    '00 Black SS #8617

Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    i dont trust those sites most of the time(the ones that want you to put your vin or rpo codes in) the probability of having a car with the exact same options as you and color etc is extremely high most of the time..i know according to those sites my car is 1 of 1
    these were PDF file breakdowns in a spreadsheet format. the links in his sig took you to ls1tech, where he originally posted the pdf flle link. no VIN or RPO codes needed.

White
    1998 Trans Am

I wouldn't say it was rare I have seen a few silver, my friend base a silver WS6, it looks clean so I would seen reason for a repaint on it. THE Only one I hardly ever see is the SOM. I know one person with a SS and have seen one WS6 in Houston area but that's it I have seen a few of every other color including a couple.yellow.ceta cars.
    1998 Trans Am 85k miles.
    Bolt ons, MS3 113LSA cam, Circle D Stall, Tune, Modified WS6 style hood, Full Suspension, 6000k HID's, Clear Side Markers w/ Leds, Led 3rd Brake Light and 18" AR Staggered Killer Wheels w/ BFG KDW NT's.- Weekend Toy/DD
    02 Trailblazer -Sold
    09 Ram 1500 CC - Sold
    09 Cobalt SS/TC - Sold
    13 ram 1500 LoneStar CC 4x4 - Magnaflow, K&N,and more to come-DD/Toy

Quote Originally Posted by SSwt00SS View Post
    these were PDF file breakdowns in a spreadsheet format. the links in his sig took you to ls1tech, where he originally posted the pdf flle link. no VIN or RPO codes needed.
    I tried the link in that fella's signature. Didn't work for me. The writing was so damn tiny I couldn't read a thing I even blew up the size and still

So I just did a quick search and all kinds of info came up. Was easy to do, and I suck at these computers.

Orig Regist: 9/98

Black
    1998 Trans Am WS6 'Vert

I tried the link in that fella's signature. Didn't work for me. The writing was so damn tiny I couldn't read a thing I even blew up the size and still
    Thats what happens when you pack alot of data into a single sheet.

Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman
    Yes, my spreadsheets indicate the source of data is CompNine, but I cross-checked their totals against other sources and in most cases they agreed, adding credibility to their numbers. Where CompNine's totals didn't agree w/ a 2nd data source, I noted those discrepancies and provided the 2nd source's numbers (to the extent of the breakdown that the 2nd source provided, which was always way short of detail in CompNine's database).

Quote Originally Posted by SSwt00SS
    damn man, where were your links 6 months ago!?
    I first started posting the Firebird breakdowns last December ('09), I think I finished them sometime in Jan or Feb. Then I did the Camaros, finished those in March or so. I've been making tweaks and corrections ever since. No, they are not perfect, but they are the most complete and comprehensive breakdowns I've seen for the 4th gen f-bods and the credibility of the data, with the exceptions of the descrepancies noted above, is as good as you'll find short of GM's own VIS. I'd love to get access to the VIS to cross-check CompNine's numbers, but I suspect that the only way to get data out of VIS is to put VINs in, unlike's CompNine's RPO search feature.

If someone knows of another database other than CompNine that I can access for purposes of cross-checking numbers, I'm all ears.

'12 Silver SS 1SS
    '00 Black SS #8617

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyBs98WS6Rag View Post
    I first started posting the Firebird breakdowns last December ('09), I think I finished them sometime in Jan or Feb. Then I did the Camaros, finished those in March or so. I've been making tweaks and corrections ever since. No, they are not perfect, but they are the most complete and comprehensive breakdowns I've seen for the 4th gen f-bods and the credibility of the data, with the exceptions of the descrepancies noted above, is as good as you'll find short of GM's own VIS. I'd love to get access to the VIS to cross-check CompNine's numbers, but I suspect that the only way to get data out of VIS is to put VINs in, unlike's CompNine's RPO search feature.

If someone knows of another database other than CompNine that I can access for purposes of cross-checking numbers, I'm all ears.

you have done an absolutely fantastic job compiling these breakdowns!

i hope you know i wasn't trying to bust your balls. rather, i have looked so long, all over the far corners of the internet and none have ever been this well detailed. i've always been curious about the production numbers for our cars.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information