Yellow
    2002 Trans AM CE

Collector Question

I have a 2002 Trans AM Conv 6 spd collector's edition. I want to keep it in a condition where it will still be worth something, but I want to add some performance to it. What can I do with the performance end without hurting the collector part?
    Thanks

Black
    99 SS

if you do change things be sure not to throwaway ANY of the OE parts in case you want to put them back on the future to make it an original #'s matching car.

Red
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Save all your stock parts and just get all bolt on's. You could lower your car, change suspension parts, just keep the stockers. If you decide to do any internal engine mods ie. Cam, heads, etc, make sure you save the stockers or by stock internals. There's no general ID tag PN for internals

ASC #753
    2002 Collector's Edition

hmmm well a good question for you. Why did you buy it? I have one and I am going to do to it what I want. I bought it with the intention of NEVER getting rid of it. EVER. So no rich puke is gonna buy me out of it. Therefore I don't care about the value of it being a "Collector's Toy" it is "My Toy", thru and thru I know it is a Collector's Edition and that is really all that matters.

But that is cool that you want to keep it close and be able to take it back to factory specs, I agree whatever you change keep the stock parts.

sonic blue
    2003 F350 CC dually-SL500

buy a cheap second one, park the yellow one in the garage under a cover and just leave it be.
    I know that sounds like a dumb idea but watch that Barrett auction and you see 69 camaro's with like 9 thousand original miles with the old red stripe bias ply tires and nothing ever done to them and they are bringing in some HUGE numbers.
    that collector TA in another 10-20 yrs in perfect original condition will be worth a MINT!
    If you bought it as an investment then keep the investment.
    If you bought it to drive daily then it will have a ton of miles on it and never bring in the huge huge dollars.
    Big decision but if you financed it, finish paying it off and go get another one to drive daily.
    I am thinking of buying 2 TA's one for me to drive daily and a collector for the wife to basically sit in the garage on blocks under cover for a long LONG time.
    J

Black
    99 SS

dont let it sit! its a car, enjoy the thing man

collector yellow
    2002 trans am

Check out collectorfbody .com. if you have not already. There are alot of ce owners over there. We are trying to organize a ce get together. I have done a full BMR suspension bolt on and strange 12 bolt rearend up grade. I went to the gm high performance gm supercar shoot out the begining of august. The car had to be stock, so I swapped the stock parts back onto the car. It should be in the next issue.
    Last edited by yellowbird1232; 09-07-2005 at 08:56 PM.

Thread Information