Thread: cold air intake

red
    04 pontiac gto

cold air intake

im thinking about adding this mod to my car but need some reviews first.

1)is it worth doing?
    2)what brand is better and how much is cost?
    3)installation?easy?pictures would be nice if you have them of the full setup
    thanks in advance

Maple Red Metallic
    2000 Poctiac Trans Am-A4

Definitely worth it! I think one of the lids yield the best gains. Volant is good and looks cool IMO. But I have also heard good things about the K+N fipk Here is a picture of my volant, sorry its so small but its my avatar picture, just let me know and I can take a bigger one. You didn't mention if money is a factor.

red
    04 pontiac gto

ty ya money is def a factor.i got so much to do to my car but no money to do it with.my car is pretty much still stock its only a v6.i wanted a ws6 ram air so badly but no one was selling at the time i bought my car..i dont know where to start on the mods.even the exhaust needs to be done over..i asked a guy at meinke about the exhaust as well and hes like o well just custom make one.i didnt seem to think that was a good idea ..my problem is im kinda a noob about cars but i love the f-body style and speed.so im not sure on how to do it yourself on the mods and i dont wanna mess things up either as my car is my only transportaion to work...i need some help on what is the first thing to do and so on after that

Maple Red Metallic
    2000 Poctiac Trans Am-A4

Quote Originally Posted by firebird99
    ty ya money is def a factor.i got so much to do to my car but no money to do it with.my car is pretty much still stock its only a v6.i wanted a ws6 ram air so badly but no one was selling at the time i bought my car..i dont know where to start on the mods.even the exhaust needs to be done over..i asked a guy at meinke about the exhaust as well and hes like o well just custom make one.i didnt seem to think that was a good idea ..my problem is im kinda a noob about cars but i love the f-body style and speed.so im not sure on how to do it yourself on the mods and i dont wanna mess things up either as my car is my only transportaion to work...i need some help on what is the first thing to do and so on after that
    Well you have come to the right place. just do a search on whatever you would like to know

red
    04 pontiac gto

cool but the only problem is i dont know what needs to be done.so if you dont mind throw some ideas out would be much appreciated

Black on Black
    2000 Trans Am M6

High Flow Lid
    Cat-Back exhaust
    mabye a stall converter
    Headers and y-pipe, not too sure about putting them on a v6, but someone will know.
    A tune

Maple Red Metallic
    2000 Poctiac Trans Am-A4

All of the above and maybe some gears depending on whats in the rear already.

Mystic Teal Metallic
    2001 Trans Am

cold air intake

I put an SLP cold air intake on my car. You need to cut a little plastic to install it. It's a stainless steel box open at both ends that fits under your air filter. Air is forced into it. The faster you go the faster the air flows. I think this mod makes a difference and it is not all that expensive. If your car is not a WS6 you will get a rubber strip gasket to block off the front air flow. Put a free flowing air lid and smooth air bellows on the car also. I know the cold air intake works because the filter gets real dirty a lot sooner. This tell me it's getting more air. And add a K&N filter or the Holley air filter. they run about $50. I never checked the gas milage on my T/A because I don't care what it gets, I drive it for fun, it's not an everyday driver. I put a K&N on my '03 2500 HD Sierra and the gas milage picked up 1.5 MPG. This pays for the filter in no time flat with todays gas prices.

Thread Information