Pewter Silver
    2002 Trans AM WS6

Code #410 should this be appearing ?

I recently had Kooks LTH installed and sent my PCM back to Frost to be tweaked for this mod. Previously I had Steve do the external mod download. Got it back and everything great for the past two weeks. Ran it hard at WOT with no problems. Yesterday I installed an SLP lid only. No cold air. I used MAF cleaner and I wiped down butterfly and intake housing with Clean Solve. It is used primarily for degreaseing finger prints and contaminants prior to painting exteriors. At the same time I changed oil & filter. Car was on ramps. When I went to start it there was a slight hesitation, like a real quick little burp,
    and it ran just a little rough and then cleared up and ran like a champ. The Service Engine Soon warning did not come on at that time. I drove it maybe 10 miles and then shut her down for the night. This morning I drove her about 5 miles and suddenly the SES came on.
    I drove over to my Header guy and he pulled a code #410. He cleared it. I drove back home and ran a few errands, approx 15 miles with no problem. Could I have disturbed something in the MAF to cause it ? I believe the air pump is disconnected, but that should have been taken care of in the tune. Right ? My inclination is to wait and see if it reappears. The air pump wire is still hooked up to the lid but that shouldn't matter either. I did not disconnect the battery when I removed the air pump or the MAF but once again I'm not aware of having to do so.
    Am I dreaming thinking it was an isolated code or does this point to something that should be addressed by Frost ? I was hoping to avoid sending the PCM again. The damn thing is getting more travel miles than me.

Bright Rally Red
    2001 Chevy Camaro Z28

When you disabled the air pump, did you pull all the fuses/relays under the hood related to the pump, or what? You might also try emailing Frost about the problem.
    2001 Chevy Camaro Z28 A4
    SLP cold air intake/lid, SLP smooth bellow, Pacesetter LT's, ORY, Magnaflow exhaust, BMR STB, adjustable Panhard rod, SFC's, LCA's, 1LE sway bars, cross-drilled rotors

Pewter Silver
    2002 Trans AM WS6

Quote Originally Posted by FinZ28 View Post
    When you disabled the air pump, did you pull all the fuses/relays under the hood related to the pump, or what? You might also try emailing Frost about the problem.
    No, I didn't realize I should do that. The air is disabled by frost and was done so before I installed the headers. I'll check the fuse issue out.
    Thank You.
    Magnaflow Quad Tip, Lid, SBellow
    UMI: FTC, FSB, RSB, LCA's, PBAR, SFC's, T-Arm w/relo, D/S Loop
    Kooks LTH, 3" YP, H/F Cats
    Custom Grind Cam, Stall, 3:73 rear
    Bilsteins w/Strano Springs Conti Super Contacts
    TuneByFrost MSD Wires
    Cross Drilled/Slotted Rotors w/Ceramic

Bright Rally Red
    2001 Chevy Camaro Z28

No problem. If it was disabled by Frost, though, then it shouldn't be an issue. It's worth a shot, anyhow.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

If the code re-appears you can email Frost and he'll take a look at your tune file to ensure that the error reporting was set correctly. The fact of the SES light being set due to a P0410 will not cause any issues or affect the way your engine runs.

Pewter Silver
    2002 Trans AM WS6

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    If the code re-appears you can email Frost and he'll take a look at your tune file to ensure that the error reporting was set correctly. The fact of the SES light being set due to a P0410 will not cause any issues or affect the way your engine runs.
    Correct Jeff. The PCM is back in Steve's hands. He's going through the entire tune file and PCM to look for irregularities. He and I both agree that if came on once, and shouldn't have, it will most likely reappear at a later date. Plus the fact I won't always be living in fear, looking and waiting for the message to pop up.

Thread Information