Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Choosing between these 5 cars

This is a discussion on Choosing between these 5 cars within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by ZAPFOOL!! yes a truck: I was really looking for a car, however a lightning would be nice ...

Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by ZAPFOOL!! View Post
    yes a truck:

Click for full size
    I was really looking for a car, however a lightning would be nice in the winter. BADASS none the less

1997 Formula & 2003 cobra
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Wretched View Post
    ^ yeah but it comes with Ford reliability...
    some people really don't know about some specific cars but talking from what they have heard previously.

a terminator is not relaible? or comes with ford relaibility? well dude, i have had my car 1 year and nothing went wrong but a 120 bucks alternator. the car was low 11 sec daily driver, ran smooth without a single issue and beaten to death every single day. probably 200+ track runs with 455/478. about #7 - #8 cylinders it is all about coolant and "IF" you go over 160mph and stay there for a while you "MIGHT" damage your motor. I have never shigted to 5th gear while racing. 4th gear tops out at 140mph and i didnt need to go over that anyways. if you simply do head coolant mod which costs less than 100 bucks then you are fine. but as i said, you don't just burn the engine just because you went 160mph. you need to get there and stay at that speed for a while and u need to do that repeatetly to be able consider damagind the motor and that is MIGHT.

whoever thinks an 03/04 cobras are not relaible doesn't know anythinng about those cars! They are simply amazing machines.

and to answer the OP's question, you would never regret getting 03/04 cobra. that money u spend to buy the car will be well worth it!!!

But an LS1 can be cheaper. lets say u got one for 13k and put another 5-6K in it and have a great sounding, mean looking, fast daily driver! Both is a great option IMO.
    Last edited by Musclefan21; 02-02-2008 at 02:55 PM.

red
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

i would go with the 98+ trans am ws6

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

I am still a mach1 fan lol

2002 CETA 6M COUPE

Quote Originally Posted by doodad View Post
    some people really don't know about some specific cars but talking from what they have heard previously.

a terminator is not relaible? or comes with ford relaibility? well dude, i have had my car 1 year and nothing went wrong but a 120 bucks alternator. the car was low 11 sec daily driver, ran smooth without a single issue and beaten to death every single day. probably 200+ track runs with 455/478. about #7 - #8 cylinders it is all about coolant and "IF" you go over 160mph and stay there for a while you "MIGHT" damage your motor. I have never shigted to 5th gear while racing. 4th gear tops out at 140mph and i didnt need to go over that anyways. if you simply do head coolant mod which costs less than 100 bucks then you are fine. but as i said, you don't just burn the engine just because you went 160mph. you need to get there and stay at that speed for a while and u need to do that repeatetly to be able consider damagind the motor and that is MIGHT.

whoever thinks an 03/04 cobras are not relaible doesn't know anythinng about those cars! They are simply amazing machines.

and to answer the OP's question, you would never regret getting 03/04 cobra. that money u spend to buy the car will be well worth it!!!

But an LS1 can be cheaper. lets say u got one for 13k and put another 5-6K in it and have a great sounding, mean looking, fast daily driver! Both is a great option IMO.
    i've owned 2 mustangs... nothing but problems. On my 2000 V6... 2 Transmissions, motor replaced at 52k miles, front suspension shot after 40k miles, alternator, manifold also crapped out on me. (all warranty work, but still, without that extended warranty... I would've been f***ed)

1989 5.0 LX... transmission blew after a simple run. Mechanic 2 weeks prior gave the clear on the tranny... 2 weeks later... $400 to fix the tranny. Sold the car after 6 weeks of owning it.

Sorry If I'm a little jaded. My uncle owns an 04 TR Cobra... he's happy with it... even if it did the rearend is beginning to squeak like a mofo.

to each his own... but as for me... it will be quite a while before i buy another mustang.

1997 Formula & 2003 cobra
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Wretched View Post
    i've owned 2 mustangs... nothing but problems. On my 2000 V6... 2 Transmissions, motor replaced at 52k miles, front suspension shot after 40k miles, alternator, manifold also crapped out on me. (all warranty work, but still, without that extended warranty... I would've been f***ed)

1989 5.0 LX... transmission blew after a simple run. Mechanic 2 weeks prior gave the clear on the tranny... 2 weeks later... $400 to fix the tranny. Sold the car after 6 weeks of owning it.

Sorry If I'm a little jaded. My uncle owns an 04 TR Cobra... he's happy with it... even if it did the rearend is beginning to squeak like a mofo.

to each his own... but as for me... it will be quite a while before i buy another mustang.

dude, first of all, you are starting the game with wrong card by comparing a regular mustang 15 year old mustang and a v6 base mustang to an 03/04 cobra. a cobra is more relaible than an f-body. No offense to anybody, i have nothing but respect to f-bodies and i own one. I am not saying a mustang is more relaible, don't mix it up. I am saying a terminator (03/04) cobra is more relaible than f-bodies!

green
    98 formula

Quote Originally Posted by doodad View Post
    dude, first of all, you are starting the game with wrong card by comparing a regular mustang 15 year old mustang and a v6 base mustang to an 03/04 cobra. a cobra is more relaible than an f-body. No offense to anybody, i have nothing but respect to f-bodies and i own one. I am not saying a mustang is more relaible, don't mix it up. I am saying a terminator (03/04) cobra is more relaible than f-bodies!
    they all break no matter what brand some people just get lucky the 03/04 cobra is a badass car but lacks style imop the f-body has style but the rear limits the potential but really who cares I see it like this we are all car guys/girls no matter what brand

weberje
    As long as it's American Muscle, I got nothin but love!
    Now, we start getting outside of that, then we've gotta work a lil' harder.
    Nothin against the "sporty" eclipse and all that- I've owned one long ago, but with Ford, GM, or Mopar: I'll accept with open arms!

Now, at this time, I'd like everyone to hold hands while we chant and take turns embracing our "inner muscle car".........

Bottom line, dude: just go for the one that appeals to YOU ----- OR you get the best steal on.

Bone it like you own it FORD RECOVERY EXPERT's Avatar

Black / Stryker Blue
    2K WS.6/ 2K9 G8GT

trans am looks best hands down but... as long as its detroit muscle... united we stand

black
    1999 trans am

id say just buy a vette... my buddy has a cobra.. its one bad ass car..but they break alot and r pricey... my other buddy has a saleen.. there motor just doesnt compete with the svt.. mach 1's dont mod very well. a few friends of mine had some.. i have a trans am and love it but if i was u. id just buy a vette.. turn some heads.and save money then sup it up. it will be more then enough power for u to drive untill u get money saved up and use to the car anways. and plus who doesnt love a vette

Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

i heard cobras break a lot to, however i have a friend with a ws6 pulling his hair out, cuz everyother week its got some kidna problem.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information